Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Anime Chat

Unread 11-17-2012, 03:38 AM   #1
Peaseblossum

Has a show done this to you?

hey guys just wondering if you get the same bad luck as me or something funny has happened while watching an anime or any tv show?

Basically what happens is I'm flicking throw Tv stations at home you know the usual boredness! then I get onto a channel and Vampire Knight is on I go ok I'll watch it......-_-
EVERYTIME it's the same episode and worse I also seem to see the last 10 minutes of it and then the credits role. No joke this has happened to me 7 times, haven't even see the start of that episode and I still don't know what it is about!

Does the anime hate me or am I in forever bad luck!?

Anyway that was my little rant Send a reply if something like that has happened to you or if something TOTALLY crazy has happened while you were whatching an anime/TV show

Unread 11-17-2012, 10:47 PM   #2
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Happens to me all the time for TV shows. Always the same episodes on somehow...You're lucky though that you have channels that show anime. I have pretty much Cartoon Network's Adult Swim block, and that's it :/
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 11:35 PM   #3
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by dx7879 View Post
Happens to me all the time for TV shows. Always the same episodes on somehow...You're lucky though that you have channels that show anime. I have pretty much Cartoon Network's Adult Swim block, and that's it :/
Same here..Exactly....
Even weirder though, Just to top this..
I think I'm "family Guy Psichic"........

By this I mean, I will have one of the episode parts stuck in my head..Like say a song they sing, or a super funny part....And THAT NIGHT on Adult Swim it will be the first episode..Every singe time I have thought of the episode enough to be entertained just THINKING about it, it will be the one that comes on..Idk why..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 11:01 PM   #4
Kagomekai

Yes this has happened many a time.

Speaking of tv 'psychic' I have story about something like that. Some of my friends and I were watching the old Spiderman cartoon from the sixties on a Teletoon Retro, and my boyfriend and I were explaining a funny episode we say once to our friends and sure enough that episode came on. We all laughed very hard and rewound it several times.. (It was due to some visuals that we found it amusing.)
Gajinka Gatomon (humanoid)
Ymir from SNK
Kagomekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 01:16 AM   #5
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

typically tv channels will show the same episodes of shows throughout; i noticed because im a night owl and typically stay up late. i guess they show the same episodes every 3-4 hours depending on the channel and show. sometimes it does not bug me i just let it run for background noise while i do something else.
Unread 11-21-2012, 06:51 PM   #6
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroki-neko View Post
typically tv channels will show the same episodes of shows throughout; i noticed because im a night owl and typically stay up late. i guess they show the same episodes every 3-4 hours depending on the channel and show. sometimes it does not bug me i just let it run for background noise while i do something else.
Background noise is like 95% of my T.V.'s use lol I hardly ever actually WATCH the shows on it..Up until Dragonball GT (if it's an episode I care to watch, already seen them all) or things like Family guy and the like, I barely care about it lol
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
Unread 11-22-2012, 12:47 AM   #7
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
Background noise is like 95% of my T.V.'s use lol I hardly ever actually WATCH the shows on it..Up until Dragonball GT (if it's an episode I care to watch, already seen them all) or things like Family guy and the like, I barely care about it lol
im just glad GT is not censored like dbz kai is. sometimes i wish the simpsons was on more than once a night (hours worth 2 episodes) i could watch that show over and over. the only bad thing is some channels have the same commercials over and over so i react like this

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9dfhvYKBM1rqmga5.gif
Unread 12-05-2012, 09:15 AM   #8
Angelic_Trancy
zombie slayer

i want channels that show anime.... i only have adult swim that plays(ed) like 2 animes that i would watch (FMAB, inuyasha) but both of those come on extremely late......
~ Young Mikasa - 0%
~ Armin Arlert - 15%

FUTURE CONS
~ikasucon 2014

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Angelic_Trancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 08:23 PM   #9
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroki-neko View Post
im just glad GT is not censored like dbz kai is. sometimes i wish the simpsons was on more than once a night (hours worth 2 episodes) i could watch that show over and over. the only bad thing is some channels have the same commercials over and over so i react like this

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9dfhvYKBM1rqmga5.gif
Dude..Even DBZ in english was MAJORLY censored..Watch it subbed..WAY better..
But they didn't edit too much of GT on nick..Which struck me as odd for them....But then again they put it on the "NickToons" which also has Invader Zim so....More older kid stuff lol

Angelic_Trancy, I pretty much HATE toonami now (The anime time on adult swim now)..I mean don't get me wrong, I like some bleach..and I LOVE Cowboy beebob (as well as a few others on there), but they don't play much worth watching that I haven't already seen..Don't they know some people are sleeping at that time anyway? I wish CN would have put toonami back on in the afternoons..And through some REAL Tenchi Muyo and some Big O into that shit or it's not toonami anymore....Now it's just "mainstream-anime-that-everyone-likes-because-no-one-will-watch-us-otherwise-tv" lol
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)