Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 4.68 average.
Unread 11-17-2012, 09:12 PM   #301
AnimeAndMusical
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 511
I like Shakespeare's tragedies; but I agree that the comedies and histories are horrible.
AnimeAndMusical is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 11-18-2012, 06:52 AM   #302
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad
 
The Hag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
Either that or living in the Shire; cosy Hobbit homes, spend the evenings drinking ale and smoking pipes, cute hobbit women, what's not to like? Lets just forget the scouring shall we...
There's also lots of singing and dancing. I would invite you over for second breakfast. And the scouring has already happened, so we don't have to worry about that when we move there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeAndMusical View Post
I like Shakespeare's tragedies; but I agree that the comedies and histories are horrible.
I like Shakespeare's comedies and histories; I dislike his tragedies. Hamlet is a spineless whiner. Othello is an idiot. Romeo is an idiot. MacBeth is an idiot.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 08:06 AM   #303
Neelh
Toa of Psionics
 
Neelh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 439
I don't like sharing opinions with everyone.

I suppose that's an unpopular opinion here?
__________________
help i'm in love with a fictional character

nokama.tumblr.com
Neelh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 08:22 AM   #304
AnimeAndMusical
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 511
Both Genesis (FFVII: Crisis Core) and Kadaj (FFVII: Advent Children) are more interesting than Sephiroth (FFVII).

The Caramelldansen is a better dance song than Gangnam Style.
AnimeAndMusical is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 11:23 AM   #305
Drysi
Illiterate and Illusory
 
Drysi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 132
I think that a good 80% of contemporary anime is peddled out to fetishist, otaku consumers at the cost of story, art, and any measurable depth. Having quashed niche indie-studios and renowned studios like BONES or Sunrise only pushing out a short series every few years or so, I feel that the medium's pretty much dead at this point.

Also, I don't really like Mozart. Guy was ki'na a twatpie.
__________________
It's not your Fault
I'm not Human At All
I got not Heart
Drysi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #306
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle
 
BlondieSundae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 10,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
I like Shakespeare's comedies and histories; I dislike his tragedies. Hamlet is a spineless whiner. Othello is an idiot. Romeo is an idiot. MacBeth is an idiot.
I like both but I still agree about them all being idiots. 12th night and King Richard the 3rd are great.

Romeo and Juliet has sadly become over rated though with everyone trying to make it sound like this amazing love story... NEWSFLASH HIPSTERS IT'S ABOUT TWO KIDS (13 and 17) WHO GET EVERYONE KILLED BECAUSE EVERYONE IS STUPID.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Once upon an evening dreary, while I lurked weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 12:06 PM   #307
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast
 
ShinobiXikyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 13,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drysi View Post
Also, I don't really like Mozart. Guy was ki'na a twatpie.
Me too, but actually because I find his music DEATHLY boring. And this is from a classically-trained musician (though I haven't played in years) with a diploma in academic/classical music. Classical-era classical music (about 1750-1800) is SO dull, uninteresting, uninspired, and on top of that, really easy to compose because it never ventures out of the major and minor keys and is supposed to be symmmetrical/repetitive.
So, I much prefer Romantic-era classical music (early 1800's to end of the 1800's). Music then was emotive, unique, experimented with and in general a ton more interesting and enjoyable. Beethoven's my favourite for big-name composers.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #308
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl
 
AnimeLuxray25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,598
I don't care about my hair or drenching it in all those conditioners and shampoos that don't even work. I don't care about brushing it. Screw you hair. I can't wait till I move out when I can burn you all off. :/
__________________
I make humble, cute Pokémon gijinkas. <3

~ don't judge other cosplayers, because in the end we all look silly wearing wig caps :3 ~

2014 Cosplay: Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%
2015 Cosplay: Poochyena Gijinka [Pokémon] - 5%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #309
Drysi
Illiterate and Illusory
 
Drysi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Me too, but actually because I find his music DEATHLY boring. And this is from a classically-trained musician (though I haven't played in years) with a diploma in academic/classical music. Classical-era classical music (about 1750-1800) is SO dull, uninteresting, uninspired, and on top of that, really easy to compose because it never ventures out of the major and minor keys and is supposed to be symmmetrical/repetitive.
So, I much prefer Romantic-era classical music (early 1800's to end of the 1800's). Music then was emotive, unique, experimented with and in general a ton more interesting and enjoyable. Beethoven's my favourite for big-name composers.
Gaaah, you were a music graduate? I only know one or two people personally who have pursued any kind of musical degree, but from what I've read and heard about studying it professionally, it sounds really, really intensive and difficult. So mad props to you there.
I don't know a lot about specific eras outside of the ones I obsess over, so basically my knowledge of classical/academic music is limited exclusively to Baroque-era stuff out of a love for Bach, Handel, and Vivaldi. But overall my tastes are pretty base in that I don't know many smaller-name, avante-garde composers from any era where orchestral music was prime. However, I can say with confidence that I like Beethoven a helluva lot more than I do Mozart. He was a pompous bore and hated Voltaire. No es bueno.
__________________
It's not your Fault
I'm not Human At All
I got not Heart

Last edited by Drysi : 11-18-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Drysi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 07:22 PM   #310
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry
 
Arc_The_Lad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 6,688
As a whole I don't really care for Metal Gear Solid, I liked 3 and the first two really old Metal Gears, that's about it.

Chrono Cross is a really good game.

Minecraft is a neat game but Notch is a twat that doesn't deserve a penny of his earnings.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 10:18 PM   #311
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast
 
ShinobiXikyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 13,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drysi View Post
Gaaah, you were a music graduate? I only know one or two people personally who have pursued any kind of musical degree, but from what I've read and heard about studying it professionally, it sounds really, really intensive and difficult. So mad props to you there.
I don't know a lot about specific eras outside of the ones I obsess over, so basically my knowledge of classical/academic music is limited exclusively to Baroque-era stuff out of a love for Bach, Handel, and Vivaldi. But overall my tastes are pretty base in that I don't know many smaller-name, avante-garde composers from any era where orchestral music was prime. However, I can say with confidence that I like Beethoven a helluva lot more than I do Mozart. He was a pompous bore and hated Voltaire. No es bueno.
Yeah, the course was WICKED hard. Like, harder than the almost-identical University music program put in a two-year college program hard. We had 35 students on the first day of class and only eight graduated....
Also, I know TONS of small-name/obscure composers who made some weird-ass music. Early twentieth century period music is notorious for it with people composing serialism, primitivism, a total collapse in the tonal system that was used to compose music from 1600-1900, etc. That kind of music wasn't SUPPOSED to generally appeal to audiences/sound "nice", it's supposed to strictly go with a special formula of composition that often makes it sound AWFUL. So not many people are familiar with the stuff. If you want an example, try Philomel by Milton Babbit. It's composed for a specific super-skilled soprano, and mixes REALLY disjunct, unpleasant-sounding singing (that actually takes MAD skills and perfect pitch to do. In some bars she has to make a leap of an ELEVENTH) with early synthesizer music and a pre-recorded tape of the singer's voice that works like a chorus. Unsurprisingly, it sounds god-awful to most listeners. And a more interesting one is Penderecki's Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima. I'd best describe that as seven minutes of ear rape and creepy sounds by a string orchestra.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 10:20 PM   #312
Lithium Flower
Handphones
 
Lithium Flower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 15,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
As a whole I don't really care for Metal Gear Solid, I liked 3 and the first two really old Metal Gears, that's about it.

Chrono Cross is a really good game.

Minecraft is a neat game but Notch is a twat that doesn't deserve a penny of his earnings.
Metal Gear:




Yes, yes it is. I loved that game, it was the first RPG of that game play style I ever encountered as a kid.
__________________
I’ll tell you what people look like, really: they look like flames. Or like the stars, on a clear night in the wilderness.
LiveStream
Emmers Drawberry: Professional Superhero
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 12:32 AM   #313
bana
Registered User
 
bana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
You and I can be friends.
yes good. friends are nice.
@BlondieSundae last time I checked he had a lot of fans? a bit disappointing.
__________________
Tumblr!
bana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 12:52 AM   #314
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle
 
BlondieSundae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 10,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by bana View Post
yes good. friends are nice.
@BlondieSundae last time I checked he had a lot of fans? a bit disappointing.
You should see tumblr then
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Once upon an evening dreary, while I lurked weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 12:54 AM   #315
Lithium Flower
Handphones
 
Lithium Flower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 15,236
I really don't care about the Wii U.

The only games I've enjoyed on the Wii have been Skyward Sword, Mario Kart, and Kirby's Epic Yarn.
__________________
I’ll tell you what people look like, really: they look like flames. Or like the stars, on a clear night in the wilderness.
LiveStream
Emmers Drawberry: Professional Superhero
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.