Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-18-2012, 05:13 AM   #55591
Shana05
Survivor

I'm thinking of doing a Mama Greece cosplay because: 1. It's easy. 2. I've found probably fewer than ten cosplays of her online. 3. One of my friends does modern Greece.

Naka-Kon 2016: lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Chef!Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - fem!Star Lord (Guardians of the Galaxy) - Mega Absol (Pokemon gijinka)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-18-2012, 12:19 PM   #55592
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Helping my friend prep for a con. I'm all ready though
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #55593
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Why must you have an IA wig now FMAnime!? It looks so nice and I love the color but I'm not cosplaying IA anytime soon even though I really want to now. >_<

I also went to Micahels this morning and picked up all of the wood stuff I need for Saber's short sword. I need to sand the plaque-thing I'm using for the hilt though and I'm really hoping it's big enough for the blade of the sword. Need to read up on wood staining so I can get the wooden parts to a very dark brown color but still keeping the wood look.

Also doing a quick test to see if my idea for my Zangoose gijinka would work. Have to do a test run before doing the actual test and overall, I think it's working well.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

Last edited by TMLiza : 11-18-2012 at 12:29 PM.
TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 04:00 PM   #55594
SA2R
King of the Skies

Thinking of making a x-mas version of Link for a meet-up. Ill probably just make a Link sized Santa hat XD

Naraku - Inu-yasha
Diamond - Sakizou
Ketchawacha armor - Monster Hunter 4
Casual Hiro - Big Hero 6

My user name is pronounced: Sa-tu-our.

( ´ ▽ ` )v

SA2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 08:47 PM   #55595
David9002
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifa View Post
I have no money. Sorry friends and family, christmas money is going to... cosplay.
wearing your costume on X-mas to have fun with your friends and family, it's a big gift for them, I suppose ^^
David9002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 09:18 PM   #55596
Moon Melody
Dawwwn ! ^__^

Just editing all my account information and my profile picture, yeaah ! ^^
Moon Melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 03:35 AM   #55597
sandquillgw
My hair glows when I sing

Really want to get started on my cosplays but I'm trying to wait and see if I get any gift cards for Christmas. I had fabric but then my cosplay list unexpectedly changed. I suppose I could work on some I won't get to wear till next year or so, or maybe some small props. It's cosplay withdrawl.

Zenkaikon '16

currently working on:

Kore wa Zombie desu ka? - Eucliwood
Madoka Magica - Homura Akemi
Star Vs the Forces of Evil - Star Butterfly

Plus repairs and improvements on numerous costumes!!
sandquillgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 08:39 AM   #55598
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Soon there will be lots of progress! I ordered a few things from Amazon on Friday and the goggles and gels for my new GIR lenses might be here today! That means hopefully for Ohayocon I'll be able to both wear the goggles and see! Saturday I finally went to Hobby Lobby and picked up a male wig head to use when I'm styling wigs. My head is definitely bigger than the usual wig head, hopefully this'll help them look better when I put them on.
I'm hoping this weekend to get GIR's wig styled and ready to go. I may even try to get started on Wolfwood's confessional!

2015 Plans: Ohayocon, MARcon, DragonCon
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 09:59 AM   #55599
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

A short story about my convention cameras~

So back in 2004, when I first started getting into cosplay and going to conventions, my parents got me my first digital camera. It's an Exilim S500 and I've been using it to this day. It's an amazing camera, just barely larger than a credit card and only .6 of an inch thick. Fits in all my hidden pockets without being heavy or bulgy.

But two years ago I felt that, while it was still a good camera, especially with the quality of the audio in the videos I was taking, it might be time for an upgrade. The pictures aren't really crisp and I have to spend forever focusing or changing settings to get a picture that still isn't quite as good as the photo instantly snapped by someone else.

After a lot of research on my end, my parents got me an Exilim S200 for Christmas two years ago. It's about half an inch longer than my old camera, and only .1 of an inch thicker (when it comes to hidden pockets it matters, trust me), and the pictures were the kind of upgrade I had been looking for, not to mention the amazing video quality. The only downside was it was kind of fiddly about not turning on when I wanted to use it. The camera was 4 months old when I took it to its first convention.

Two months after that, it was sitting on my bedside table along with a tall glass of water, which is completely ordinary for me. I somehow managed to shatter the glass of water in my sleep, thus dousing my new camera. D: It didn't turn on when I tried it. I decided that I was an adult now, with a job and capable of making up for my own mistakes, and so I bought myself a new camera, the same model, for my birthday. It was used and arrived not working.

And so I took it as a sign continued to use my old camera. I've gotten some really great pictures and videos since then. But at the last convention I went to in October, the best I could produce after fighting with lighting and focus was some appallingly blurry video with great audio, I thought again that maybe I should see if there were any good, tiny cameras on sale for Black Friday. I dusted off my non-working camera and charged the battery, just to make sure one last time that it wouldn't work. Nothing.

And so last night, when Amazon started their Black Friday sales (yes, already), I picked up my non-working camera to look for the model number to do some comparative research on dimensions and put it on the bed in the dark. After half a dozen picking ups and putting downs, I saw that suddenly the LCD screen was on. What. It was showing the original "enter the date" screen you see when you first start up the camera. It worked.

If the Cosplay Gods extend their reach to cameras, they must be laughing so hard right now.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 02:37 PM   #55600
Shana05
Survivor

Arda's new Wizarding Wigs are beautiful. But I have absolutely no use for them.

Naka-Kon 2016: lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Chef!Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - fem!Star Lord (Guardians of the Galaxy) - Mega Absol (Pokemon gijinka)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 03:09 PM   #55601
Quinn the Shiki
He Married that Geranium

Just started reading this manga called Rolan the Forgotten King. I REALLY want to cosplay Rolan.

I also found out I'd be the first person ever to cosplay him, so I think I'm gonna go for it! ^^
Raffaele Laurent Bessette-The Young Elites(New Outfit,) Revis/Levi Baskerville-Pandora Hearts, Rufus Barma-Pandora Hearts, Jessica Jones-Netflix's Jessica Jones, Garry-IB, Rintaro Okabe-Steins;Gate, Honoka Kousaka-Love Live! Gilbert Nightray-Pandora Hearts, Kitty Pryde as Star Lord-Marvel Comics, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest,
Quinn the Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #55602
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
Arda's new Wizarding Wigs are beautiful. But I have absolutely no use for them.
I feel the same way!

So my test last night worked better than expected! Can't wait to do the real test when I go home. Zangoose will be awesome.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #55603
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

A few of my friends keep trying to convince me to go to a certain convention in December, but I'm pretty sure I won't be going :/
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 04:53 PM   #55604
chibierwin
Tall Little Freak

Started reading Kuroko no Basket Sunday night and I'm already to chapter 76.
Dear glob, is my cosplayer heart beating rapidly plus my jock side is calling.
Must pick character to cosplay IMMEDIATELY.
Unread 11-19-2012, 07:42 PM   #55605
Hcoregamer00
PMX/Otakorp/Lunar Fest

I love the Fall weather for cosplay photography but the sun sets too early >_<

Photography Blog, dA, FB Fan Page, Personal Blog

Future Cons: Anime Expo, Pacific Media Expo, TouhouCon
Hcoregamer00 is offline   Reply With Quote