Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 11-16-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
shuugoami

Review: Wingless Angel Cosplay

Bought a costume from her and received it today. Triple checked my measurements before sending them in. Got my costume today, and I was much less than thrilled. The purple skirt was too big and falls off my hips, the grey skirt I couldn't get past my thighs which are smaller than my hips or over my boobs which are also smaller than my hips. Tried contacting her and all she will tell me is i'm sorry.
shuugoami is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-16-2012, 09:38 PM   #2
shuugoami

Complete list of complaints

1. A white thread was used on the both purple items, and is visible from the outside of the costume.
2. There are areas that were not hemmed. The main areas are the bottom of the purple skirt, and the strap for the thigh holster.
3. The thigh holster strap was not only not hemmed, but the cuts were jagged on the finished product, and on the holster lid as well.
4. There are areas of bunched threading on the purple top and grey skirt, which would keep it from lying correctly when worn. The main issue with this is it causes an exposed gap on my chest, which exposes my bra.
5. The fishnet elbow covers and knee covers were not made of a basic fishnet material, instead it was constructed of a 'fuzzy' type of fishnet.
6. There were no fishnet shorts, but instead I received a pair of fishnet leggings.
7. The purple top is supposed to have a turtle neck style collar, but there is no collar at all.
8. Did not receive the leg strap for the holster to attach to.
9. Both sizes and lengths did not match the measurements and information I sent.
Unread 11-16-2012, 11:38 PM   #3
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Sorry to hear about this. Could you post some photos when you get round to taking them? Also, be sure to post a review in the Commission Review Thread.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 11:10 PM   #4
**~~ANC~~**

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbabycakes View Post
Sorry to hear about this. Could you post some photos when you get round to taking them? Also, be sure to post a review in the Commission Review Thread.
I will try to get some pictures up as soon as possible. I did talk to the seller, and she explained to me that she was trying to meet my deadline so she had to rush the product to get it to me.
**~~ANC~~** is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 09:36 AM   #5
shuugoami

I've decided that I will hold off on pictures, as by the sellers' statement, she was trying to hurry up and get my order to me, figuring that it would be better for me to have an incomplete/rushed item than to have nothing at all. I may or may not post pictures.
Unread 11-18-2012, 10:41 AM   #6
sailortintin
Xenofreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuugoami View Post
I've decided that I will hold off on pictures, as by the sellers' statement, she was trying to hurry up and get my order to me, figuring that it would be better for me to have an incomplete/rushed item than to have nothing at all. I may or may not post pictures.
Yeah, you should still post photos and a review in the Commissioner's Review Thread. Something like this is unprofessional and people need to know. If she didn't have time to meet your deadline with a properly fitting costume, when she is in the wrong for accepting the commission in the first place.

Dragoon Miranda remake (Legend of Dragoon): 20%
Princess Agitha (Zelda): 10%
Princess Eclair (La Pucelle): 40%
sailortintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #7
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailortintin View Post
Yeah, you should still post photos and a review in the Commissioner's Review Thread. Something like this is unprofessional and people need to know. If she didn't have time to meet your deadline with a properly fitting costume, when she is in the wrong for accepting the commission in the first place.
I agree with this. If you give a deadline, it's the commissioner's job to meet it if they take on the commission. They should have stated in the beginning that the commission would be rushed/incomplete so you could decide whether or not you still wanted them to commission it. It is unprofessional of the commissioner to accept a commission deadline that they realistically could not make. If the commissioner offers a partial refund or finds a way to rectify the situation, then great! Still, you should have been informed in the beginning.
Unread 11-18-2012, 09:47 PM   #8
shuugoami

Yes, I definitely agree with you guys. We have talked and she is giving me a refund for the costume.
Unread 11-19-2012, 04:03 PM   #9
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuugoami View Post
Yes, I definitely agree with you guys. We have talked and she is giving me a refund for the costume.
Awesome! Glad to hear it!