Go Back   Cosplay.com > Member Forums Entrance > Michigan Cosplayers Society

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.64 average.
Unread 09-28-2012, 07:17 PM   #556
kanracakes
Archer Obsessed

Get up to Youmacon in November!
kanracakes is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-30-2012, 08:49 AM   #557
Pow Pow

Yeah, I've been considering it. I have a second costume for NYCC that probably won't be finished in time. It would be fun to still use it this fall.
Pow Pow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2012, 12:40 AM   #558
Esmenet
Time to change, Changer

Hello! Not new to cosplaying or conventions, but new to this site, and "serious" cosplaying. I live in Michigan, but my con of choice due to a card game has been Gen Con these past 3 years. I have yet to make it to Youmacon. I'm excited to see so many people who live locally here!

Work in Progress:
Rei (genderbend)-Free! [90%]
Momoi Satsuki-KnB [100%]
Nora Valkyrie-RWBY [60%]

Upcoming Cons:
Anime North
Colossalcon
Anime Expo
Gen Con
Dragon*Con
Youmacon
Esmenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 02:48 PM   #559
WondererBailey
Bailey's Cosplay

Howdy, not new to cosplaying or this site, just felt like making a fresh start since I haven't been on here since...well...I'm pretty sure it was my senior year of high school TnT.

But anyway, live in Michigan...don't really have the means to do a lot of con going much to my dismay but I go where I can when I can.

So far I just have No Brand Con and Anime Milwaukee under my belt, I hope to maybe go to Youmacon if the money is right. We shall see...

For now I just have Nanocon, a twice a year casual gathering at Michigan Tech. Should be fun~
WondererBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #560
FlatLandGames

Would a game store with large amounts of meeting space/private rooms be of use as a meeting point for Michigan Cos-players? I'm trying to build a very inclusive game store and am trying to find what would help bring cosplayers in.
FlatLandGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 11:27 PM   #561
MetalArtisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatLandGames View Post
Would a game store with large amounts of meeting space/private rooms be of use as a meeting point for Michigan Cos-players? I'm trying to build a very inclusive game store and am trying to find what would help bring cosplayers in.
Quite possibly! One of the hardest things with meetups is finding a good meeting-point.
MetalArtisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 08:14 PM   #562
FlatLandGames

Great. My plan was in general to rent the private rooms, but I'm pretty sure once I open I can convince myself to do some gratis usage of the private space for cosplayers, and of course the main lounge and game room will always be open. Check us out at Flatlandgamestore.com and on facebook at Flat Land Games. When I hit 400 likes I'm giving away some gift certificates (nothing like having your games and snacks picked up for by the store
FlatLandGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 07:20 PM   #563
Interedge

Heya...I'm really new... Only places I've cosplayed have been in town. BUT I will be at JAFAX, GMX, and Youmacon next year! So yay and stuffs! Where I'm from, no one cosplays. Just me. I feel so lonely! It's nice to know that there are other cosplayers in Michigan!
Interedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 06:00 PM   #564
otakutwins

Hello I am new ^_^ not to cosplaying but to this thread and I live in Michigan...so...Hi everyone
Shuto-con 2013
otakutwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 11:50 PM   #565
tintin_b

I'm new, i'm living in Clinton Twp, really wanna join a cosplay group :") hi everyone
tintin_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #566
ledisko21

Hello hello, my name is Rachael and I'm from Sterling Heights but spend quite a bit of time in Dearborn for school. I'm new to cosplay as well as cons, only have youmacon 2012 to boast. Just thought it'd be nice to meet some people with the same interest in Michigan!
ledisko21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 11:06 PM   #567
Taricalmcacil

Hello! I'm Katie, and I'm new to cons and cosplay. Motor City Comic Con 2013 will be my first. But I'm excited to potentially meet some of you!
Taricalmcacil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 04:19 PM   #568
Danteisagenius
Opportunity Calls

Yay! Hi people, I'm not new to this website (well not really..) but I am new to this portion of it. Youmacon was my first con and I plan on going to Cherry Capital Con this Saturday! Kinda posted a form about it, but now I'm kinda feeling that I should have just posted that here... Oops!? I'm a technological klutz; what can I say?! Oh, and the name's Dante (crossplay DMC3) by the way (at least for right now). Pleased to meet'chya all.

- sincerely, the Opportunist.

2014 Projects:
-Yoichi Hiruma Genderbend (Eyeshield 21)
-It's a Mystery!!! Sorta...

__________________________________________________ _____________
My Webpages:

Facebook (Where I actually update my photos...)
World Cosplay
CosCure
Danteisagenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 07:04 PM   #569
AustinMoody

So my cousin, our friend, and I want to go to comic con (at some point) and I had a couple of questions. I'm a Mass Effect nut and so my friend had an idea of making N7 armor. I've looked at different Commander Shepard costumes and the males all seem to stick with the red and black armor, so my question is would it look weird if I went orange and black instead of red? I go to Oklahoma State University, so I thought it would be pretty awesome to have orange and black N7 armor, but I didn't want it too look too much like Cerberus armor, also, I'm in a wheelchair, would that look weird as Commander Shepard? I don't want people wondering why I didn't go as someone like Joker lol
AustinMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #570
Rex Surrection
Scott Oma

Hi fellow Michiganders. I've wanted to cosplay for a while, but finally took the leap at New York Comic Con 2012 and more recently at Motor City Comic Con this year. Looking forward to Colossalcon this weekend!
Rex Surrection is offline   Reply With Quote