Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 35 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #1966
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Going to go to a place called Sweet Tomatoes tonight. It's a buffet that mostly consist of salad and soups. Lol, guess it's slightly healthier than other buffets :/
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-17-2012, 06:04 PM   #1967
Kumoshi
Just a cowardly montblanc

Had some gyoza, bean chili, and tomato basil bread recently (:

AX 2014:
- Vanellope Von Schweetz (Wreck-it Ralph)
- Kuroko Tetsuya (Kuroko no Basket)
- Isana Yashiro (K Project)
Kumoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 06:37 PM   #1968
bana

Currently eating a cheeseburger with a side of salad and munching on some ice. yum.
Unread 11-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #1969
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by dx7879 View Post
Going to go to a place called Sweet Tomatoes tonight. It's a buffet that mostly consist of salad and soups. Lol, guess it's slightly healthier than other buffets :/
We have a place called Sweet Tomato by us. It's also mostly soups, salads, and sandwiches, but it's not a buffet.

It is really delicious, though.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #1970
Lithium Flower
Handphones

My mother and I went to Sweet Tomatoes once or twice in Dallas and honestly we where not all that impressed.

Their soups had very little flavor and it seemed like they offered very little food. It was my understanding they where meant to be an all-organic kind of self-serve restaurant and that's well and good but they had barely any food there. When you entered it had a salad 'buffet' that leads to the register and I always got a Cesar salad mix with chicken which was pretty good, but nothing fantastic. Then you pay and go self-serve the rest of the meal. About the only thing I ever got was the salad, a baked sweet potato and maybe some minestrone or chicken noodle soup because they never had anything else. Ever. It was all salad, like 6 vats of soup, and a small front line that had some biscuits and baked potatoes and that was it.

I am not sure if it was just a small size compared to other franchise locations but it was like $12.99 for everything per person and their salads where not worth spending $25 for.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 09:23 PM   #1971
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Yeah, that sounds like total crap.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 09:43 PM   #1972
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
My mother and I went to Sweet Tomatoes once or twice in Dallas and honestly we where not all that impressed.

Their soups had very little flavor and it seemed like they offered very little food. It was my understanding they where meant to be an all-organic kind of self-serve restaurant and that's well and good but they had barely any food there. When you entered it had a salad 'buffet' that leads to the register and I always got a Cesar salad mix with chicken which was pretty good, but nothing fantastic. Then you pay and go self-serve the rest of the meal. About the only thing I ever got was the salad, a baked sweet potato and maybe some minestrone or chicken noodle soup because they never had anything else. Ever. It was all salad, like 6 vats of soup, and a small front line that had some biscuits and baked potatoes and that was it.

I am not sure if it was just a small size compared to other franchise locations but it was like $12.99 for everything per person and their salads where not worth spending $25 for.
I agree it's not my favorite buffet, and it's overpriced. I had a free meal coupon though, and figured why not. Their selection is lacking when there's a Golden Corral right nearby that's about the same price and offers so much more ^.^
Unread 11-19-2012, 09:52 PM   #1973
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

Don't fret; it's not meant to be enjoyed by anyone under 65+
My grandmother and all of her friends adore Sweet Potatoes.
My parents and I do not share the same love of the elementary school wannabe food. At least the salad bar is edible though.
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 09:57 PM   #1974
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Thinking of "grandma's food", am I the only one who doesn't like my grandmother's cooking? Her BAKING is good. Her COOKING? UGH. She always cooks her chicken by just tossing it in a pressure cooker, unseasoned, and the way it cooks always makes it seem slimy. She never flavours her potatoes, just boils them, drains them and calls it done. She rarely uses spices/seasonings. She repeatedly made me eat liver and kidneys when I was a kid and DAMN was that gross every time. She uses a kind of bread I can't stand. When she makes beef or pork it too has pretty well no flavour added into it and often gets slimily-cooked in a pressure cooker. She certainly never experiments with less-westernized foodstuffs. Oh, and TURNIPS. GOD AWFUL GROSS-ASS TURNIPS.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 10:07 PM   #1975
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

Quote:
We got a place like that near us. It's called Souper Salad.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2012, 11:53 PM   #1976
Kumoshi
Just a cowardly montblanc

Had some enchiladas and cinnamon almonds today. (:

AX 2014:
- Vanellope Von Schweetz (Wreck-it Ralph)
- Kuroko Tetsuya (Kuroko no Basket)
- Isana Yashiro (K Project)
Kumoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 12:26 AM   #1977
Wolfmeisterrr

It was pizza night here!
Wolfmeisterrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 09:20 PM   #1978
Hallowin

Ah, a bowl of very salty ham soup!
What
I
Love
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Cosplay1

Cosplay2
~~~~~~~~~~~
Hallowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 09:30 PM   #1979
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Quote:
Ayo, are you in Houston?

*Is too lazy to look at your profile*

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 10:27 PM   #1980
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora88 View Post
Ayo, are you in Houston?

*Is too lazy to look at your profile*
Lol, nope. I'm in Illinois