Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > Steampunk

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-08-2012, 02:47 AM   #31
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I got pictures of the costume I finished recently on commission that had a steampunk feel to it and thought I would share them. I love the accessories the customer created for it and think she looked fantastic in the costume. She told me she would send more when she does a photo shoot in it. Now I want to make me an outfit like that...
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-08-2012, 09:39 PM   #32
Elycium
Applique ate my soul

Mehdia, that came out lovely!

Upcoming Costumes
Alibaba - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
H/A Elsa - Frozen
Yunan - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Mephisto Pheles - Ao No Exorcist
Elycium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2012, 01:31 AM   #33
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Thanks. I'm pretty proud of it. And the accessories and wig she chose to go with it really brought the costume to life. I can't wait to see what she does for a photo shoot.
Unread 11-10-2012, 12:28 AM   #34
ghosgreen

Well here's the plague doctor mask I was working on. My friend made this lovely mask for me out of leather and the rest of it well still working on it like the case I'm carrying. The reason I have screens for the lens is because I had just gotten it from my friend the day before and didn't have time to make a proper lens for the mask. But since then I replaced the screen lens with red ones and it looks a lot cooler. Problem was I used this thing on Halloween night and well... Walking into a couple of bushes, tripping on a few things and crossing of the roads...oh man...Yeah still needs a lot of work.http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3305809/
ghosgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2012, 02:16 AM   #35
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

That is an awesome mask. I love the Plague masks because they are so creepy looking and what they were used for had to be horrifying (I can't imagine trying to live through the plague). I can't wait to see more of what you do for the costume because it's looking fantastic so far.
Unread 11-19-2012, 11:43 PM   #36
ghosgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdia View Post
That is an awesome mask. I love the Plague masks because they are so creepy looking and what they were used for had to be horrifying (I can't imagine trying to live through the plague). I can't wait to see more of what you do for the costume because it's looking fantastic so far.
Thank you. It's something I've been wanting to do for a while now. Upgrades will definitely come hopefully within the next year.
ghosgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 10:39 PM   #37
Ironhill

I saw a plague doctor mask at Balticon a few years ago. It had a braided metal hose that came out of the bottom and went to a filter. You might want to do something like that.
Ironhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 06:23 AM   #38
Elycium
Applique ate my soul

I'm working on a lady's outfit right now. I'm re-making the bustle, because I don't like how I currently made the one I have, but the skirt itself is coming along nicely. This is a Bell skirt, with train (probably my favorite type of skirt atm). Its pinned a little blah in the back, but it shows the general shape. ^_^

Upcoming Costumes
Alibaba - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
H/A Elsa - Frozen
Yunan - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Mephisto Pheles - Ao No Exorcist
Elycium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 03:22 PM   #39
HerrLudwig
Yotsubato!

I'm thinking of doing a Steampunk version of Edward Scissorhands.
HerrLudwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 05:56 AM   #40
Alice MacLeod
Lady Alice of Ardvreck

I wore this recently at a book signing in Toronto and will be wearing this at the end of the month to a large Victorian / Steampunk event in London, Ontario for the first time. Due to low budget it took em a year to assemble this and i was really worried i would not be able to pull it off but it turned out really well.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3339787/

Cosplays I have:

Alice Madness Returns:
Traditonal, Mixmatched ,Steamdress, Royal Suite, Silk Maiden

Traditional Disney Alice, Soviet Alice

Lolita:
Sweet Pink, Gothic, Gothic Aristocrat Ballgown, Blue "Alice" Ballgown

Anime:
White Album 2 Ogiso Setsuna school uniform
Alice MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 11:47 PM   #41
Curucar

I'm making a burlesque-y bustle skirt based off this tutorial. It's fabulous, and only takes about 2 hours if you aren't adding frills everywhere.
Unread 01-22-2013, 01:25 AM   #42
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

That tutorial is really good. I saw it once and it gave me a ton of ideas, so I took the basics of it and added my own twists. It really is great for a jumping off point for a cute costume. I can't wait to see what you do with it!
Unread 01-25-2013, 11:03 PM   #43
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

I'm starting to work on my first steampunk ensemble I think.
I know I'd like to stick with a more socialite archetype and throw something in along the lines of an explorer or accidental alchemist. As far as an actual outfit...I'm not solid on details. But...I know I've got my top hat, a custom steampunk pistol and a pair of the typical green tinted goggles...but...I'm not really attached to the idea of using the goggles. I'm hoping I can stick to the attire of a proper gentleman but adding things to make it more unique.

Can you guys tell I'm new to this one? I bet you can.
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 12:04 AM   #44
moosedoom
seamstress

I'm gonna be doin a kinda steampunky Marie Antoinette. Ship in my hair and everything.
moosedoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2013, 01:27 AM   #45
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaForThought View Post
I'm starting to work on my first steampunk ensemble I think.
I know I'd like to stick with a more socialite archetype and throw something in along the lines of an explorer or accidental alchemist. As far as an actual outfit...I'm not solid on details. But...I know I've got my top hat, a custom steampunk pistol and a pair of the typical green tinted goggles...but...I'm not really attached to the idea of using the goggles. I'm hoping I can stick to the attire of a proper gentleman but adding things to make it more unique.

Can you guys tell I'm new to this one? I bet you can.
But new can be so good in a genre like this. Sometimes it takes someone who is new to it to create something fresh and different. I like that you are sticking to the aristocrat though. You usually see airship pirates and adventurers, so to see someone want to do something more noble is really cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosedoom View Post
I'm gonna be doin a kinda steampunky Marie Antoinette. Ship in my hair and everything.
That I need to see. I can imagine it's going to be pretty epic with the ship in your hair!