Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Unread 11-17-2012, 03:01 PM   #1
IchiBLEACHcake

Form Fitting Chest for Zentai Suit

Hello!
I am planning to cosplay Cortana from Halo 4, though I haven't been able to find a good method on how to make my bodysuit form fitting around the chest since she's technically 'naked'
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0...87-cortana.png
I was given a very good suggestion of gluing the inside of the suit to a latex breast plate, though unfortunately the one I was linked too is $200, which is waaaay more than I would like to spend just for having realistic looking breasts.
http://www.xtremedesignfx.com//newwe...lechestbig.jpg

I was wondering if anyone might have any other ideas or know of any cheap foam breastplates I may be able to use. They don't have to feel real, just look convincing in pictures.
Also gluing a bra would not work either since it needs to be glued between and all around the breasts for the material to lay right up flat against my skin.
IchiBLEACHcake is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-17-2012, 04:50 PM   #2
o01101011
Just call me Digit

A fencing chest guard could work.
o01101011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #3
IchiBLEACHcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by o01101011 View Post
A fencing chest guard could work.
That's a pretty creative idea =O However, they don't have quite the right shape of natural breasts. They're a little too round and high up. Larger breasts like Cortana's would have a crease below them from gravity.
Unread 11-18-2012, 07:56 AM   #4
Penlowe

Quote:
Also gluing a bra would not work either since it needs to be glued between and all around the breasts for the material to lay right up flat against my skin.
I disagree. No, you can't use an everyday bra you want to wear again for this, but if you shop around for a full cup type you can make it just part of the costume permanently. Even better, glue in the cup section, then cut off the back straps for a smoother profile (you might want to keep the shoulder straps and attach them around the neck, depending on your shape & size.)
Unread 11-18-2012, 11:18 AM   #5
IchiBLEACHcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penlowe View Post
I disagree. No, you can't use an everyday bra you want to wear again for this, but if you shop around for a full cup type you can make it just part of the costume permanently. Even better, glue in the cup section, then cut off the back straps for a smoother profile (you might want to keep the shoulder straps and attach them around the neck, depending on your shape & size.)
I have looked into full cup bras, but the problem is that I haven't actually found a size that would go completely around and not leave a massive seam from the underwire, etc. I'm a B38, but I need more of a large C for Cortana and a lot of the bras have lace or other little accessories that would show bumps and look unnatural. I just haven't had any luck finding anything that could work properly in the realm of bras.
Unread 11-18-2012, 05:47 PM   #6
cybernova

http://www.asos.com/au/Magic/Magic-S...rt=-1&clr=Skin

I have no personal experience using anything like these, but something like that would eliminate the underwire and seam problems, and I've heard they work. I'm not sure if this will work for your purposes, but maybe it'll give you new ideas?
cybernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #7
IchiBLEACHcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybernova View Post
http://www.asos.com/au/Magic/Magic-S...rt=-1&clr=Skin

I have no personal experience using anything like these, but something like that would eliminate the underwire and seam problems, and I've heard they work. I'm not sure if this will work for your purposes, but maybe it'll give you new ideas?
They wouldn't work, unfortunately, just because I would need somewhere to glue at the middle of my chest, not just around the breasts themselves. cleavage is made by the space between the breasts.
Unread 11-18-2012, 11:11 PM   #8
Libis

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiBLEACHcake View Post
I have looked into full cup bras, but the problem is that I haven't actually found a size that would go completely around and not leave a massive seam from the underwire, etc. I'm a B38, but I need more of a large C for Cortana and a lot of the bras have lace or other little accessories that would show bumps and look unnatural. I just haven't had any luck finding anything that could work properly in the realm of bras.
I used to use a seamless bra by Victoria secret for underneath zentai and it never showed (I did not glue it on.) The bra was made such that it didn't have thick parts where it met the skin. Maybe you could find similar. They had from A to DD cups.
Libis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 12:06 AM   #9
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

The issue I'm seeing is that ur "going up" in size for the character.... Sadly in this type of pitot without a fake pair I can't fully see it working AND looking completely natural....
RapMonster- BTS N.O
fem!Ravi- VIXX Hyde
Hyuk- VIXX Voodoo Doll
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 08:35 AM   #10
Penlowe

Quote:
a massive seam from the underwire,
And who exactly would see the under wire seam when you are wearing it? only a little person who is getting really fresh with you! I think you are getting mentally stuck on trying to get exactly game accurate visuals when they aren't physically possible.
Short of going naked and just wearing body paint, some compromises will need to be made. At your bust size, the bra is important. Just keep looking.
Unread 11-19-2012, 06:45 PM   #11
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Have you researched chest/breast pieces for drag queens?
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 09:41 PM   #12
IchiBLEACHcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY-chan View Post
Have you researched chest/breast pieces for drag queens?
I have, but I haven't found any that are a natural size and shape as well as a reasonable price. The ones in the link you sent are too...round? If you understand what I mean. I just want them to fall like natural breasts.
Unread 11-20-2012, 08:25 AM   #13
Psycho Sukafu
Rhetti~

How about stitching the bodysuit down to a padded bra? Could also run a piece of elastic from your neck down to the bra to stitch to as well. How thin is the fabric you will be using that it will show a bra underneath? O.o I used the stitch down method for the white boob plate in the following costume but I have yet to try it in a full bodysuit.
Unread 11-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #14
IchiBLEACHcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Sukafu View Post
How about stitching the bodysuit down to a padded bra? Could also run a piece of elastic from your neck down to the bra to stitch to as well. How thin is the fabric you will be using that it will show a bra underneath? O.o I used the stitch down method for the white boob plate in the following costume but I have yet to try it in a full bodysuit.
XD; The fabric is surprisingly thin.
Unread 11-20-2012, 05:40 PM   #15
TETSUYA_CASSHER
Zentai is fun

http://kigurumicosplay.com/wp-conten...-technique.pdf take a look at this
TETSUYA_CASSHER is offline   Reply With Quote