Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > Steampunk

Unread 08-21-2012, 04:50 PM   #16
Jabberwack
Epic Zombie of Epicness

My Kira, that's hilarious!
Thanks for sharing!

Cosplays: Brock (Pokemon) 95%, L (Death Note) 100%, Kurapica (Hunter X Hunter) 100%, Bikky (FAKE) 40%, Count D (Pet Shop Of Horrors) 70% Dave Strider (Homestuck) 95%
New York Comic Con 2012:
Friday: Sober! Gamzee Makara (Homestuck) 80%
Saturday: Mituna Captor (Homestuck) 80%
Sunday: Mituna Captor (Homestuck) 80%
Jabberwack is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-22-2012, 01:18 PM   #17
dizzymonochrome
Sarah Charade

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet because it's OT, but LMAO LMAO: "TYRONE Lannister"
Polar Chill - check out my costume DIY panel and workshop
FanExpo - Iron Man Mark VII version 2, Pacific Rim Jaeger pilot?

FanExpo - fem!Iron Man Mark VII - The Iron Man Armor Project
Atomic Lollipop - Vanellope von Schweetz; raver!Sailor Mars
dizzymonochrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2012, 01:52 PM   #18
AsukaBlue

Thanks for sharing! LOL.
Unread 09-11-2012, 09:43 PM   #19
JasonTerror
Now known as Sailor Jeimi

HAHAHA that's awesome. You guys realise this is normal for people like that right? They want to gain control of how everyone lives their lives and think cristain is the way to go and anything they dissagree with is the devil and will say anything (researched or not, in this case NOT) to make others believe so to get them to follow what they believe..This is very normal lol BUT HILARIOUS!!!!
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Sakuracon 2014:
-Stocking Anarchy (Panty & Stocking. Normal Ver.)
-Marluxia (Kingdom Hearts Chain Of Memories)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2012, 06:01 PM   #20
Libis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
HAHAHA that's awesome. You guys realise this is normal for people like that right? They want to gain control of how everyone lives their lives and think cristain is the way to go and anything they dissagree with is the devil and will say anything (researched or not, in this case NOT) to make others believe so to get them to follow what they believe..This is very normal lol BUT HILARIOUS!!!!
There really are people like that. My dad has actually thrown this exact article at us as to why everything we like is evil. When I told him it is a satire site it didn't work. Sadly, they make the sane Christians look like terribly cruel people. (I do think it cruel to try to control people to this degree.) At the same time, he pulled up multiple hate pages against cosplayers and anime in general and basically said that my mom was exposing my little sis to satanism by letting her go to con. GAH.
Libis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 11:16 PM   #21
MetalArtisan

It should be noted that Christwire is a satire website, much like The Onion. The articles written are meant to lampoon the religious right, and are not a product of it per se.
That said, the frequency with which it is mistaken for a legitimate source and the difficulty they have distinguishing themselves from the *actual* religious right is quite telling about just how mad this world can be.
MetalArtisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2012, 09:06 AM   #22
Libis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalArtisan View Post
It should be noted that Christwire is a satire website, much like The Onion. The articles written are meant to lampoon the religious right, and are not a product of it per se.
That said, the frequency with which it is mistaken for a legitimate source and the difficulty they have distinguishing themselves from the *actual* religious right is quite telling about just how mad this world can be.
I know, but my father is the sort of person who takes anything with the wording he wants and throws it loudly at people. He's stupid, but thinks himself a genius. He doesn't do background work on sources, and if you tell him he just gets completely pissed off. There is no reasoning with him, all he wants is complete control of our lives and anything that could make him look "weird" is bad to his eyes.
Libis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 10:54 PM   #23
CJohn

Some people do think like this about life, I used to be one of them. Gradually, I've come to know that God wants me to live, not cower in fear of whatever isn't from church. It comes from a highly distorted mindset that has nothing to do with Christianity itself. From experience, people who think like this don't actually base their dislike on religion, they merely feel uncomfortable with something and try to find every excuse to justify their discomfort.

Thinking this way is incredibly painful, regardless of whether these people know it or not. This isn't true religion, it's adaptation of emotional problems to religion.
CJohn is offline   Reply With Quote