Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 55 votes, 4.91 average.
Unread 01-07-2012, 08:40 AM   #331
America La

I recently started working on my wig for Jack.
I have the braid done and most of the back styled. I just have some questions about the front.
You guys know that weird hair flip that both Jack and Oz have? I have no idea of how to do it and make it look good.
reference
I know that most people just leave it off but if there was any way that I could make it work that would be nice.

Jack Vessalius (Pandora Hearts)
Maybe something from Pokemon
America La is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-15-2012, 01:03 AM   #332
Roxel's parents

hey guys. im gonna start working on a cheshire cat cosplay. i have basic ideas in my head for just about every thing. but any one have any suggestions for fabric or other materials to use on the shirt, paws, shall, and or shoes?
any orgy XIII member (mainly sexy zexy ;3)
wana make marluxias scythe
thinking about edward and alphons elric
black agito cosume (his strait jacket)
Roxel's parents is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #333
Murtagh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxel's parents View Post
hey guys. im gonna start working on a cheshire cat cosplay. i have basic ideas in my head for just about every thing. but any one have any suggestions for fabric or other materials to use on the shirt, paws, shall, and or shoes?
well, i used suiting fabric for both the shirt and the pants, and i like it a lot, it worked really well. paws i used a thick vinal. scarf, one side is a normal woven, the other side is fleece. and the shoes, same as the pants, since i have the pants go down into spats as one big peice. hope this helped.
Murtagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 09:53 AM   #334
cherryshygirl26
Muffin Man >=D

I have a whole crew of ph cosplay. XD I have black and white alice, gil, oz, and break. =DDD
cherryshygirl26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #335
Shinigamia

Hello all!

I'm going to be cosplaying Jack Vessalius! Yay. n_n However, I'm having a bit of trouble with the wig, since the hair is loose at the upper part of the back but bunches together at the bottom for the braid. :P I'm an extreme stickler for accuracy, so wigs like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Jack-Ves...#ht_5688wt_978 with the small braid in back are worrisome to me. ^^; But I'm also worried about ordering a long wig like http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Long-War...#ht_4916wt_805 and then not having enough hair at the top to style the flyaway bangs/sides/top (since if I cut the hair at the top I'd be taking away some of the thickness in the braid).

More questions on other characters -
(Probable spoilers for Ch. 65+ in the manga below)

Also, I've got some friends who are going to do Lacie and BlondeGlen/Revis. Does anyone know where I might find color references of their outfits? xD; (Lacie in this outfit: http://i14.mangareader.net/pandora-h...ts-2835187.jpg - is this the color version? I can't quite tell if they are supposed to be the same dress >.< The back seems to be open on both, but the shoulders are covered on one and not the other... http://i14.mangareader.net/pandora-h...ts-2835183.jpg)

And BloneGlen/Revis being the dude in the upper right hand panel. http://www.mangareader.net/pandora-hearts/67/7 Finding refs of his hair will be difficult too I'm betting...come to think of it, I don't even know if his hair is blonde, it might actually be white. xD; Thoughts?
Jack Vessalius(Pandora Hearts) at Anime Boston 2012, 2013
Roy Mustang, formal (Fullmetal Alchemist) for Otakon 2012, Anime Boston 2013
Shinigamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2012, 08:41 AM   #336
America La

Shinigamia: I'm actually working on my Jack wig right now. I didn't like the "braid growing out of head" look either so what I did was buy a shot wig and long wefts and then sewed the wefts into the back of the wig, spreading them out so that it looked more natural instead of concentrated in one spot on the back of the head. If you don't know how to sew in wefts there are tutorials in the wigs area.
(also I used the Magnum and a strait ponytail clip (where I got the wefts from) in ginger blonde from Arda Wigs)

Jack Vessalius (Pandora Hearts)
Maybe something from Pokemon
America La is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2012, 09:29 AM   #337
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Mine wig for Jack is a Arda Magnum Long (because I have a large head it's the right length) and I remove the weft at the lower part of the wig and added one Long clip-on in the same shade.

I like the more scruffy back style but it also visible tapper at the nape. ^_^

I'm also selling my Yuki brand Jack wig as the color was awesome but it's size was way to small for me int he marketplace along with a watch.

Unplugged Expo
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia), Otakuthon(maybe), FanEXPO
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 02-21-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2012, 09:52 PM   #338
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

I'm going to try and cosplay Rufus Barma for Otakon this year. I've already got the fan, and my friends and even my Grandmother are going to help me with the cape! ^_^
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 11:15 AM   #339
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

I finished my Jack coat at 2am.
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3159785/

I have a fair bit of love for when I see Rufus Barma cosplayers Quinn The Spazz.

Unplugged Expo
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia), Otakuthon(maybe), FanEXPO
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 02-24-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2012, 10:16 PM   #340
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Long time no post!

While Rufus Barma didn't work out for Otakon (I ended up doing Detective!Break instead,) I'm going to try to do his outfit from Retrace 48 since I think it'll be easier than his traditional cape (I will do that one eventually though, but I'm starting with the 48 outfit.)

I'm also working on a cosplay of Revis/Levi which is proving to be far harder than it should be due to lack of color reference pictures DX

I'm also in the planning stages of a Leo cosplay (in his outfit from the headhunter arc, since I love Nerdy bookworm Leo, and that outfit is my favorite of his.)

I'm having a little bit of trouble with Rufus though. This (in the top-right corner) is the outfit I want to do, but there's no official colored version of it (to my knowledge) and I can't tell if the outfit he has on on the cover of volume 15 is the same one or not. I'm torn between making the trim silver and the shawl red like on the volume color, or the trim and the shawl both gold like this awesome coloring I found online. (I saw another coloring with gold trim and a red shawl, but I didn't really like that.) Opinions?
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 11-08-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Unread 11-18-2012, 06:48 PM   #341
Deru-Wisper

Started working on my Cheshire cosplay today. ^^ I also made an Oz cosplay (the vest+shorts version) but I'm now selling it and the wig to one of my fellow cosplayers in my cosplay group. Our Alice is going to order her wig in the next few days, and started working on some parts of the cosplay today. I'm also planning to eventually make Break, but that's going to be sometime in 2013... I'm hoping to have Cheshire done in time for ALA in January, accompanied by Alice and maybe Oz. ^^ But our Gil/Elliot won't be able to make it to the con.
Since this week none of us have school for Thanksgiving break, Oz and Alice are probably going to crash at my house a few days this week....

Upcoming Cons:
Pacific Media Expo '14
Anime Los Angelos '15
Anime Expo '15
_______
Completed:
Mami Tomoe - Madoka Magica
Tsubomi Kido - Mekakucity Actors
Annie Leonhardt - Attack on Titan
Dirk Strider (Godtier and Headless) - Homestuck
_______
In Progress:
Samekichi- Wadanohara and The Great Blue Sea (20%)
(Genderbent) Ren - DRAMAtical Murder (10%)
Synchronicity Len - Vocaloid (20%)
_______
Instagram - Tumblr
Deru-Wisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #342
Schweigie
--

@Quinn The Spazz

It does have a official colors actually. Here

edit: Whoops, I didn't read your post all the way through, sorry.

It just seems like Mochizuki added a few more fancy details to it because it was going to be on a cover. Essentially it is the same outfit though.

But what's to stop you from changing up the colors? I see nothing wrong with it. I've seen people do Leo's outfit as brown, red, blue, and black even though the official colors have it as a dark blue to black.

Rose Lalonde - Homestuck - [god tier] - revamp
Dirk Strider - Homestuck - [god tier] - WIP - [dreamer] - WIP

Last edited by Schweigie : 11-22-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Schweigie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2012, 09:24 PM   #343
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Thanks so much for the input! I was really liking the red/silver combination actually ^^