Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-11-2012, 11:27 PM   #1
Kagomekai

Super Sentai

I noticed that no one had made a sentai thread. I will not be going as a sentai series character but my Boyfriend will be cosplaying Captain Marvelous ( the leader of the Gokaiger team but in his non-ranger form).

So if anyone if going as a Power Ranger related character or a Kamen Rider character or what have you feel free to post in here, I am interested to know what Sentai related cosplays will be appearing.
Gajinka Gatomon (humanoid)
Ymir from SNK
Kagomekai is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-18-2012, 11:36 PM   #2
Mokmo

For such a big con, the lack of tokusatsu (Sentai, Rider, Ultraman, etc) is kinda disturbing...
Not even a panel...

I mean... Even Otakuthon had one basic panel on the current series (that i did) and one discussion on Gokaiger (from a guy a didn't know, but was on the con's staff)

I hope to go, although if i start anything cosplay-wise i doubt i'll have the time to get it ready by then.
Mokmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 11:49 PM   #3
Kagomekai

I went to the Gokaiger panel at Otakuthon. I saw a few people in things from the various Kamen Rider series last AN, and my boyfriend cosplayed as Gou from Gekiranger last AN. But yeah it's kinda sad.
Ymir from SNK
Unread 11-20-2012, 12:28 AM   #4
Shouri no Hana
Dragoon Wannbe

I'm debating Alata (Goseiger) or Luka (Gokaiger) in their Ranger Forms I only have enough money for one and with Megaforce looming over I'm starting to think that Gokiager is the better bet.

Commander Shepard (ME3 - Sentinel) Progress:80%
Commander Shepard (ME - Infiltrator) Progress:15%

Shouri no Hana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2012, 10:41 PM   #5
Kagomekai

My boyfriend is trying to get me to go as Luka in civilian form. (Since like I said above he is going as Captain Marvelous in civilian form.) We thought about a gender bent Don in civilian form then decided not to since people would probably think that I was a gender bent version of Doctor Who.

I heard that some of the stores in the US have Megaforce toys out now. I'm kinda sad that Megaforce is going to squish Goseiger and Gokaiger into one series. If they make the ranger keys with the same molds as the original ones then I will probably buy a bunch when they are in stores.
Ymir from SNK
Unread 11-22-2012, 12:44 AM   #6
Mokmo

Indeed the reports are true, but it'll probably take a few more months to get them in Canadian stores. On thursday, the Megaforce float (or at least their presence) will be at the Macy's Thanksgiving parade, 9-12 am on american tv (and don't mistake it for the Detroit parade).
It's their first big public (as in non-convention) outing with the new "team" so it should be interesting (but very very short).

At for Megaforce, it'll be one season that'll lead to the Legend Wars, which Saban has had refilmed with American-adapted rangers. Then we get the pirates, no idea if they are the same characters, we'll just wait and see.

EDIT: Also, the more i know of sentai and riders going to some convention the more i'm angry at my very stupid financial situation...
Mokmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2012, 12:45 PM   #7
Kagomekai

I heard that the actors for Megaforce are signed on for two full seasons, which means they will become the pirates, not sure how that will work but oh well.. Give up their powers then get the pirate powers... hmmm....
Ymir from SNK
Unread 11-22-2012, 06:26 PM   #8
TDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokmo View Post
For such a big con, the lack of tokusatsu (Sentai, Rider, Ultraman, etc) is kinda disturbing...
Not even a panel...

I mean... Even Otakuthon had one basic panel on the current series (that i did) and one discussion on Gokaiger (from a guy a didn't know, but was on the con's staff)

I hope to go, although if i start anything cosplay-wise i doubt i'll have the time to get it ready by then.
Yeah, the're was a lack of panels altogether for various tokusatsu. I was disappointed that there wasn't a single Kamen Rider panel. But I was happy that I was able to go to the Gokaiger panel. I'm thinking running my panel next year at Otakuthon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagomekai View Post
My boyfriend is trying to get me to go as Luka in civilian form. (Since like I said above he is going as Captain Marvelous in civilian form.) We thought about a gender bent Don in civilian form then decided not to since people would probably think that I was a gender bent version of Doctor Who.

I heard that some of the stores in the US have Megaforce toys out now. I'm kinda sad that Megaforce is going to squish Goseiger and Gokaiger into one series. If they make the ranger keys with the same molds as the original ones then I will probably buy a bunch when they are in stores.
Well, you could go as Ahim, but you might not be as recognizable.

Depending on how the first couple of episodes of Megaforce go, if it's as bad as think it will be, I think I might just skip over all of it. I'd rather have fond memories of Gokaiger as is, than have it associated with the PR version. (Not a fan of Goseiger, soidont care about what Saban does to them.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokmo View Post
Indeed the reports are true, but it'll probably take a few more months to get them in Canadian stores. On thursday, the Megaforce float (or at least their presence) will be at the Macy's Thanksgiving parade, 9-12 am on american tv (and don't mistake it for the Detroit parade).
It's their first big public (as in non-convention) outing with the new "team" so it should be interesting (but very very short).

At for Megaforce, it'll be one season that'll lead to the Legend Wars, which Saban has had refilmed with American-adapted rangers. Then we get the pirates, no idea if they are the same characters, we'll just wait and see.

EDIT: Also, the more i know of sentai and riders going to some convention the more i'm angry at my very stupid financial situation...
Yeah, cosplaying these series60 pretty expensive, even if you aren't doing the transformed form of the character. It's costing me about 500$ to make my unmorphed Captain Marvelous.
TDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2012, 11:54 PM   #9
Shouri no Hana
Dragoon Wannbe

I think I'm gonna settle for Luka (Ranger Form) then play it by ear with Megaforce, I do what to Ranger outfits to add to my closet while Goseiger was my first Sentai to watch, I really fell in love with Gokaiger.

I'm just debating over props, I've seen people take the toy Gokai Swords and remake the blade, I'm debating doing the same (I'm importing the gun anyway) I really want that 'Final Wave!'

Unread 11-25-2012, 06:30 AM   #10
TDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouri no Hana View Post
I think I'm gonna settle for Luka (Ranger Form) then play it by ear with Megaforce, I do what to Ranger outfits to add to my closet while Goseiger was my first Sentai to watch, I really fell in love with Gokaiger.

I'm just debating over props, I've seen people take the toy Gokai Swords and remake the blade, I'm debating doing the same (I'm importing the gun anyway) I really want that 'Final Wave!'
Unfortunately, whatever you don't replace on the saber stays child sized and looks weird.

I'm thinking of having mine be entirely custom built except that the key mechanism will be gutted from the toy and placed into the replica, still being able to do a Final and being much more show accurate. Unfortunately, this is pretty expensive. But since you might be doing ranger form Luka, I don't think money is too big an issue.

Also, I'm sorry you had to have you Sentai start with Goseiger. At least you moved onto something much, much better.
Unread 11-28-2012, 02:02 PM   #11
Kagomekai

Still not sure now if I should do civilian form Luka or gender bend Joe...
Ymir from SNK
Unread 12-03-2012, 10:47 PM   #12
Shouri no Hana
Dragoon Wannbe

Argh, I have no idea what I'm doing anymore.

My friend finally came through to help me with my Mass Effect cosplay and I only got money for one big thing...

Luka might be pushed off to FanExpo, this kinda thing is typical from me, I got more incomplete cosplays than completed.

Unread 12-24-2012, 12:05 AM   #13
Kagomekai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouri no Hana View Post
Argh, I have no idea what I'm doing anymore.

My friend finally came through to help me with my Mass Effect cosplay and I only got money for one big thing...

Luka might be pushed off to FanExpo, this kinda thing is typical from me, I got more incomplete cosplays than completed.
That makes me a little sad to hear. I on the other hand have decided to do a gender bent version of Joe.
Ymir from SNK