Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Matsuri

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-05-2012, 11:21 PM   #1
benihime
Kimono Queen

Anime Matsuri 2013

Hey guys!
Have any plans for the convention yet? You only have about 5 months~
I've already started gathering pieces for my hana outfit. I'm doing several new things so it should be interesting!

I'm also going to try and make Jill Valentine (S.T.A.R.S.) and Toph (fire nation outfit) and maybe something else.

what about you guys?

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

benihime is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-06-2012, 07:42 PM   #2
Zaiten

I'm just getting back into cosplay and I've added this con to my list to try and get to next year. =) I'm hard at work making a bunch of new cosplays and props. Mostly Fire Emblem, at the moment, but I think I'll be adding in a few other titles by the spring.

I'm debating between quite a few things, such as Yu-Gi-Oh!, more Final Fantasy, Sailor Moon, and possibly some lesser known things like Shadow Hearts and Lufia.

Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #3
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

This con is still up in the air for me. I partially don't want to go cuz of how much they've angered me before, and I really don't like the people who run it. But on the other hand, it's like the only convention in Houston left, and I'd only have to pay for the badge (even though it's way over priced), no hotel or anything, so I want to go just so I can have another one to go to, and it'll be cheap.

If I do end up going, I'll be taking my new Chii (Chobits) outfit, and whatever costume wins my contest on FB (looks like it's going to be Marvel's Black Cat) =P

Upcoming Conventions

2015 Schedule Coming Soon!
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #4
Ludger03
Corpse Shell Wielder

I be too busy with other cosplay plans but if I have extra money I'll go for saturday only. My cosplay pick would be Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia.
Elsword Cosplays: Blade Master Raven ver 2.0 (81%) andIron Paladin Chung (21%)
Tales of Xillia 2- Victor Mel Mata (16%) & Jude Mathis (10%)
Ludger03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 04:00 AM   #5
pooker

I was thinking I wouldn't be able to make it, but I see they moved and it is conveniently located next door to where I will be working. I am excited! Does anyone know why they moved from The Woodlands though?
pooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 06:55 PM   #6
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooker View Post
... but I see they moved ...
OMG I totally didn't notice that! I'm so happy, it's A LOT closer to me now! Now I'm really thinking about going XD

Upcoming Conventions

Unread 11-23-2012, 01:37 AM   #7
Slayer Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooker View Post
I was thinking I wouldn't be able to make it, but I see they moved and it is conveniently located next door to where I will be working. I am excited! Does anyone know why they moved from The Woodlands though?
the offical reason is because they are growing so much and that it can hold more people there. not sure if thats the real reason but im glad its at a place with no more dumb wristbands.
Slayer Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #8
iKuraudo

I'll be going with a friend of mine. I live an hour away from the Woodlands, TX and my cosplay is almost determined.
iKuraudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 11:59 PM   #9
Zaiten

Ahh, I can't seem to decide what to make! One day I'll pick one thing and by the next I've fangirled into something else. So many options make it so hard.

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Unread 11-26-2012, 01:43 AM   #10
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaiten View Post
Ahh, I can't seem to decide what to make! One day I'll pick one thing and by the next I've fangirled into something else. So many options make it so hard.
Make them all, then decide when Matsuri rolls around? LOL

Upcoming Conventions

Unread 11-26-2012, 07:59 PM   #11
Zaiten

I totally would if I could right now. If I get this new job I interviewed for today I may just do that. :3 I know in a few years I'll be having the opposite problem and I'll be looking back and laughing.

I think the hard part is what type I want to do. Something old school like Sailor Moon, DBZ, etc. Something funny that's currently being abridged, like Yu-Gi-Oh!. Or just a favorite, regardless of it's ever been popular or not like Chrono Cross or Shadow Hearts.

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Unread 11-26-2012, 11:31 PM   #12
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Well if you go old school with it, I'd avoid Sailor Moon, being in the fandom and whatnot, it's not only brutal, but totally overdone ... like to the point to where it doesn't matter how good your costume is, no one will look at it cuz they're tired of seeing SM cosplay XD (ok, exaggerating a little, lol). If you do decide to go with something Sailor Moon, do something that isn't done a lot, like villains or rare forms of one of the senshi. And sadly DBZ doesn't have a lot of girls, much less with cool costumes ... I cosplayed ChiChi and felt like I was just walking around in regular clothes, haha.

I'd just go with your favorite, like right now I'm making a cosplay from a video game that just came out a few months ago from Japan, I doubt anyone even really knows about it yet cuz it hasn't had a chance to blow up yet, but I'm still doing it ... every time I post a picture or something, I keep getting asked what it's from, but it's still cool, because that means you're doing something different!

Upcoming Conventions

Unread 11-27-2012, 01:07 AM   #13
Zaiten

I can imagine what it will be like the second half of next year for Sailor Moon, I'm really looking forward to seeing it's revival.

I'll probably end up doing a Chrono Cross cosplay, most likely Serge since I'd really like to try and make his weapon as well as the outfit itself. He keeps coming back up over and over plus that was one of my favorite games, even though the plot is quite the mind-eff. Beyond that, though.. I'm sure something will hit me beyond momentary "Ooh." soon enough.

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Unread 11-27-2012, 01:14 AM   #14
TinBunni
basket full of awesome

So far, I'm planning on bringing my Saya from High School of the Dead, Miwako from Paradise Kiss, and at least one videogame cosplay. I have yet to decide if I want to do a Boss character from The World Ends With You or Someone from Star Ocean the Last Hope. Now... Squeezing all three inbetween seeing the fashion show and going to the tea party will be a feat, lol!
TinBunni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 01:28 AM   #15
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaiten View Post
I can imagine what it will be like the second half of next year for Sailor Moon, I'm really looking forward to seeing it's revival.

I'll probably end up doing a Chrono Cross cosplay, most likely Serge since I'd really like to try and make his weapon as well as the outfit itself. He keeps coming back up over and over plus that was one of my favorite games, even though the plot is quite the mind-eff. Beyond that, though.. I'm sure something will hit me beyond momentary "Ooh." soon enough.
Oh god, don't remind me ... I am HOPING that the new anime won't have any new outfits, I mean yeah, it'd be cool, but as of right now, I have at least one of each of her forms, and I'm officially done making new Sailor Moon costumes (only after 10 years @_@), and I know if they have a new form, I'll HAVE to make it ... and I was so looking forward to being done with making Sailor Moon costumes so I could move on to other things. Though I'm sure it will blow up again and everyone and their dog will be cosplaying Sailor Moon XD

Weapons are always fun, me and my bf are going to have our try at making me a scythe, which will be my first major prop construction in my 10+ years of cosplaying, so I know the feeling of looking forward to making a fun prop =P Lol, you say mind-eff, and I immediately think of FLCL XDD *random*

Good luck with deciding on something though ^_^

Upcoming Conventions