Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Others

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-16-2012, 11:46 PM   #16
sazumebachi

I'm going to give this convention a try! I will go all 4 days!

I'm going to cosplay trish from devil may cry maybe bring jun kazama from tekken

Last edited by sazumebachi : 11-16-2012 at 11:48 PM.

Unread 11-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #17
zepson
Heir of Dance

i managed to snag a ticket for this. i might show up for a day or 2. if i do i'll probably dress up as Rucks from the game Bastion for a day.
Otakon: '10, '11, '12, '13 ||| Anime North: '11, '12 '13 '14 ||| Baltimore ComicCon '12 ||| Anime USA: '11, '12 ||| Ichibancon: '12 ||| Katsucon: '12, '13 ||| Tigercon '11, '12, '13 ||| Magfest '13, '14 ||| Nekocon '13

2014 planned cons:
Otakon, Baltimore Comic Con, Tigercon

Current main cosplays:
Green Arrow(DC Comics), Kronk(Emporers New Groove), Blue Heavy(TF2)
possible future cosplays:
---
zepson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 11:15 PM   #18
Mightyenapup

I'm going! I haven't decided for sure if I'll cosplay or not. It'll be my first MAGfest so I'm not completely sure what to expect in terms of cosplay.
Mightyenapup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2012, 09:08 AM   #19
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyenapup View Post
I'm going! I haven't decided for sure if I'll cosplay or not. It'll be my first MAGfest so I'm not completely sure what to expect in terms of cosplay.
As several others have stated, the cosplay scene at MAGfest is very light. You'll see some TF2/Nintendo/FF/MLP/MSPA stuff, but don't be expecting too much aside from that. It's mostly a party/concery/videya type con, which is very cool to be honest.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2012, 02:44 PM   #20
sazumebachi

Well let's all have fun at this con!!!
Unread 11-26-2012, 09:47 AM   #21
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazumebachi View Post
Well let's all have fun at this con!!!
Considering my game plan is videya/drinking/concerts, it's pretty much impossible not to have fun.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 11-27-2012, 01:13 AM   #22
Seven
(Neoqueenhoneybee)

I'm going for the first time! I promised my friends that it wasn't going to be a cosplay con...but then I read on the magfest forum that someone was cosplaying Axel from the Streets of Rage series. SoR is only one of my all time favorite games...and I wanted to be Blaze as a 10 year old. So, now I can for a day.

Working On:
Leen (Grandia)
Goku Nami (One Piece DBZ Crossover)
Nico Robin (One Piece Water 7)
Elesa (Pokemon B/W)

In Queue:
Mei (Pokemon B/W 2)
Panne (Fire Emblem Awakening)
Illumi (HunterxHunter)
Janice (Chrono Cross)
Mir (Ar Tonelico)
Toph (ATLA Old Friends)
Solid Snake Lolita (Beat Down Boogie)
Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 09:49 AM   #23
twixs911
a nooby cosplayer :3

Sorry for advertising here OTL but since i didnt see a proper forum i shall post it here ; 3 ;
So i will be attending Magfest this year for the second time ~ and was wondering if anybody would want to have a private photoshoot done for them? Since I've yet to see anyone post anything regarding photoshoots OTL
any cosplay is welcomed ^^
Before I take ANY photos of you i'll need for you to sign a model release form.( If you do not know what that is I'll gladly explain to you in a separate message )
I'm still not sure What days I'll specifically be there yet but just message me via facebook and i'll save you a spot ; w ;

Please tell me if you're going to be a group or people so i know before hand C:

and here are some examples of some of the pictures i've taken so far
http://www.flickr.com/photos/atubbietickler/
I'd prefer you message me on my facebook page so i can keep track of everyone better
https://www.facebook.com/FlutterTeePhotography

message me the following information if interested ^^

( i saw your post on cosplay.com )
Anime/Character:
Time/Date:
Contact info:
MAGfest 2014
Katsucon 2014

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Main cons I attend: MAGfest, Katsucon, Otakon, Anime USA
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Photography/cosplay (mainly photog) page; https://www.facebook.com/FlutterTeePhotography
East coast photographer = u =
twixs911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 09:59 AM   #24
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
I'm going for the first time! I promised my friends that it wasn't going to be a cosplay con...but then I read on the magfest forum that someone was cosplaying Axel from the Streets of Rage series. SoR is only one of my all time favorite games...and I wanted to be Blaze as a 10 year old. So, now I can for a day.

That's awesome. And considering the GoH, it makes a ton of sense. Expect a high-five if I come across you at the concert Saturday night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twixs911 View Post
Sorry for advertising here OTL but since i didnt see a proper forum i shall post it here ; 3 ;
So i will be attending Magfest this year for the second time ~ and was wondering if anybody would want to have a private photoshoot done for them? Since I've yet to see anyone post anything regarding photoshoots OTL
any cosplay is welcomed ^^
Before I take ANY photos of you i'll need for you to sign a model release form.( If you do not know what that is I'll gladly explain to you in a separate message )
I'm still not sure What days I'll specifically be there yet but just message me via facebook and i'll save you a spot ; w ;

Please tell me if you're going to be a group or people so i know before hand C:

and here are some examples of some of the pictures i've taken so far
http://www.flickr.com/photos/atubbietickler/
I'd prefer you message me on my facebook page so i can keep track of everyone better
https://www.facebook.com/FlutterTeePhotography

message me the following information if interested ^^

( i saw your post on cosplay.com )
Anime/Character:
Time/Date:
Contact info:
I'll send my wife in your direction, as she'll most likely be looking for someone to shoot her stuff.

Unread 11-27-2012, 10:19 AM   #25
Seven
(Neoqueenhoneybee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
That's awesome. And considering the GoH, it makes a ton of sense. Expect a high-five if I come across you at the concert Saturday night.

!!!!!

Do you even know I had no clue Yuzo Koshiro was a guest until I read your comment?! I just heard SoR cosplay and I was excited; and now I'm super stoked! It'd be like the Nightclub stage in SoR3!! I just need to have three dancing Soozies....

Working On:
Leen (Grandia)
Elesa (Pokemon B/W)

In Queue:
Mei (Pokemon B/W 2)
Illumi (HunterxHunter)
Janice (Chrono Cross)
Mir (Ar Tonelico)
Toph (ATLA Old Friends)
Unread 11-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #26
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
!!!!!

Do you even know I had no clue Yuzo Koshiro was a guest until I read your comment?! I just heard SoR cosplay and I was excited; and now I'm super stoked! It'd be like the Nightclub stage in SoR3!! I just need to have three dancing Soozies....
And/Or a Kangaroo.

That being said I HATED SoR3.

Unread 11-27-2012, 01:01 PM   #27
Seven
(Neoqueenhoneybee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
And/Or a Kangaroo.

That being said I HATED SoR3.
Lol, Roo. Mmm, that'd be awesome....the things I wish I could rent..

Are you not a fan of the series? Or just liked 1 or 2 more?

Working On:
Leen (Grandia)
Elesa (Pokemon B/W)

In Queue:
Mei (Pokemon B/W 2)
Illumi (HunterxHunter)
Janice (Chrono Cross)
Mir (Ar Tonelico)
Toph (ATLA Old Friends)
Unread 11-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #28
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Lol, Roo. Mmm, that'd be awesome....the things I wish I could rent..

Are you not a fan of the series? Or just liked 1 or 2 more?
I prefer 1 and 2. Most of my hatred for SoR3 is the fact that I've never beaten it, because it was super hard. My order of faves goes 2-1-3. 2 still has one of the best soundtracks/level designs in any videya game to date IMO.

Unread 11-27-2012, 07:18 PM   #29
Celine
Remember me?

Okay, so I don't know much about this con except I've heard it's great for gaming nerds. As much as I love cosplay, I'm way more of a gaming nerd. And I like game music. I have to be traveling in the northeast for work anyway during that first week of January and wasn't sure if detouring to DC was worth it... is it?

And is it hard at this point, about a month away, to find anybody still looking for roommates?
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #30
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celine View Post
Okay, so I don't know much about this con except I've heard it's great for gaming nerds. As much as I love cosplay, I'm way more of a gaming nerd. And I like game music. I have to be traveling in the northeast for work anyway during that first week of January and wasn't sure if detouring to DC was worth it... is it?

And is it hard at this point, about a month away, to find anybody still looking for roommates?
If you don't mind a room full of bros (2 married, 1 engaged, one single) who are only doing the Friday night-Sunday route, I can lend you a hand. My friends and I have 2 rooms from Thursday-Sunday and we're still working things out. But I'm like 99% certain we can be of some service.

Also if you're not down with the Protomen, now's the time to do so.