Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #1921
Celine
Remember me?

For a sheer cape, I know this sounds really silly, but check out some upholstery shops for curtain dressing. I found this awesome sheer embroidered material that I used for my Celes cape. I was really amazed at all the wacky options they had, if you think creatively about how to use curtain materials.
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-27-2012, 07:52 PM   #1922
kaligoddess
Frost Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celine View Post
For a sheer cape, I know this sounds really silly, but check out some upholstery shops for curtain dressing. I found this awesome sheer embroidered material that I used for my Celes cape. I was really amazed at all the wacky options they had, if you think creatively about how to use curtain materials.
One of my friends lucked out trolling the upholstery clearance fabrics for a recent costume. I agree with curtains though, as I've seen some that I've thought would be good for various cosplays. I've generally been trolling the bridal sections instead, but the version of Rosa I'm doing didn't need sheer so I've got different cape problems.
Unread 11-27-2012, 07:54 PM   #1923
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

@Celine: Definally, it's amazing what you can find for such curtian material, I do the same with some of my cosplays haha!

@Seifer-sama: Yeah... and so close too. XP if only I had enough cording, I could then quickly stitch up the rest of the dress's pieces together, and then I can wear the FULL thing for the first time. ^^; But yes!! It's WAY ahead of schedule. It's not being debuted until the end of Feburary, so I have plenty of time.
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 09:25 PM   #1924
Zaiten

Touche`. Didn't even think about curtains, that's a great idea! Looks like Rosa is a go, all the cosplay gods are pushing for her and she looks like a fun challenge. I can't wait to start on her! I think the details like her jewelry and belts will be the most fun.

Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 12:19 AM   #1925
~H~
Original H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliana View Post
~H~: Your White Mage cosplay is so pretty!~ White mages are one of my fav job classes in FF Ohhh which other ones have you thought of doing? Any Red Mages? Black mages? OWO Or wizards? (gosh, I love wizard cosplays, they aren't done enough)
@Liliana: Thank you so much for the kind words! Like you I have a soft spot for the White mages, and have been considering cosplaying as Lenna in her White mage outfit. A wizard would be cool too though.....hmmmm ^_^.

I am blown away by how many FF costumes you have done.....and you've done them all so well *_*. Your gallery is truly inspirational, (and educational)! I don't recognize some of the FF characters you've done (I'm ashamed to say), and will be referencing the FF wiki while I check-out your pics ^_-.

@Celine: What an awesome idea for a cape! Inexpensive too ^_^.

@Zaiten: Good luck with Rosa!

Last edited by ~H~ : 11-28-2012 at 01:15 AM.
~H~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #1926
Seifer-sama

@ Liliana: Aww it's okay, I still think you pulled her together super fast. I am so excited to see the finished costume. I am certain it will be gorgeous!! Do you have a photoshoot location in mind? An Opera house perhaps?

@ Celine: That's an awesome idea!! I will have to keep that in mind when I do Rosa.

@ Zaiten: Good luck!! She does look like a fun challenge.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 08:18 PM   #1927
MDA
Destiny Productions

I'm all happy and excited now! I have now finished Cloud of Darkness. I'll do some fixes on her in the new year - mainly the skirt - in the spring/summer so that I can get some better photos of the costume. It's just too cold right now to go out and do photos. Darn you Canadian weather.
CoD : http://www.cosplay.com/costume/443886/
- yes, it's my Sephiroth wig :P

And soon I'll be continuing my work on Rydia to go with Liliana's FFIV cosplay. I need to get her done! I'll order the wig soon and get some new feathers. And finish beading the corset. Most of the sewing is pretty simple at least Capes and skirts and a top. Very quick. And finish off the corset.

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #1928
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@MDA: I really like your interpretation. Are you going to have tentacle buddies? XD

@Zaiten: Yea Rosa! I almost never see people cosplay as her. I'm excited to see the results. ^^

@Lil: I've seen your progress on your Facebook. Nice work with the cording! I'm glad to see it's all coming together for you. Hopefully you don't have too much left.

@Celine: That's a great idea for cape fabric! I'll keep that in mind when I need to make another.

@kaligoddess: Blah. I hate when stuff comes up that keeps me from crafting. >_< Things need to stop breaking and needing my attention. I have sewing to do!

@Seifer & H: Hi! That's all. XD

So after a very long and miserable month, I FINALLY had a chance to get to work on Celes: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Most of the major construction is done. Now it's on to embroidery (god willing that nothing else crops up so I can sit down and do it) and getting the rest of the piping in. I dumped my yellow fabric. It made me look like I had a disease. >.> Bright colors are not so good on me. But I like how this is turning out. lol
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2012, 11:01 PM   #1929
MetalArtisan

So after a very long day of working/watching Parks and Recreation, I finished my shirt of scale armor for Fighter.
It weighs around fifteen pounds, and is totally totally gorgeous. It needs a few finishing touches, but is essentially done at this point.
What's more, I made the greaves for the same costume last weekend, and am 2/3 of the way done with the cuisses (leg armor). This thing is TOTALLY going to be ready for Anime Crossroads next weekend.
So. Excite.
MetalArtisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #1930
MDA
Destiny Productions

@Tifaia : Yep! They're made, but I need to fix them. I made them like a sort of sash and the "snake heads" are balls stuffed with fiber-fil with the faces drawn on in Copic markers. And they're made out of satin - the leftover from Kuja actually XD

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #1931
Celine
Remember me?

MDA: I LOVE your interpretation of CoD. I realize that she's sort of not wearing much of anything (and I'm such a prude) so yours is awesome. Totally captures the look without showing too much. Where are the pictures with the tentacles?

tifaia: Celes looks great! Are you hand embroidering or using a machine? I want to get an embroidery machine so bad so I can do cool little details. I just don't have the patience to do stuff by hand. Making the color match you is such a good idea, since some colors just don't work all that well on some people. It's like I can't deal with not having bangs, so I add bangs to just about every character I do since I look like an alien without bangs.

I have almost finished my Palom. Seriously the only thing holding me up is the shoulder armor since I wimp out about doing anything that isn't just a sewn garment. Oh and that weird piece of head jewelry. This costume could be the blingiest thing I've made to date, which is bizarre since it's for a male character. Yay Final Fantasy character designs.
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2012, 12:50 AM   #1932
kaligoddess
Frost Fanatic

The more references I gather, the more confusing this costumes gets. The only thing the sprites, artwork, and renders seem to have in common is Rosa's wearing a white dress, and she's got spiked shoulder armor. At least no one can claim I'm not being 'accurate'.
Unread 12-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #1933
Seifer-sama

@ MDA: Great job with CoD!! You must be so happy to have her finished!! I am super excited to see your Rydia cosplay too!!! Did you just start that one?

@ Tifaia: I love your work on Celes. It looks awesome so far. What sort of embroidery work are you going to be doing? I have seen a few Celes interpretations where she has flower designs on the costume similar to Terra. I am so excited for our Fanime shoot plans!! Also, when I do finish my Rosa, I must take pictures with you as Rydia.

@ MetalArtisan: Cool! Take pictures when you get the chance!

@ Celine: Looking forward to your Palom! Power through that armor and jewelry, you can do it!

@ kaligoddess: I was running into the same issue when I was researching Minwu. Eventually I think you just have to decide what look you like best and go with it!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #1934
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

For those who didn't see yet, I posted up a pic of Celes a few days ago: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3323314/

I got the rest of my supplies for her to, so I can work on her again. YIPPIEEEE!! XDDD *jumps up in the air throwing balloons everywhere* also, she'll be finished really soon! I figured 7 days of straight work will complete this whole costume. I'm not feeling up to tackling all 7 days in a row this time, I'm just gonna sew it slowly at the moment, since I have all the time in the world to finish her right now thanks to the hardcore work in November lol.

Now I can finally finish my OTHER classic FF cosplays, which I haven't told many people about who I've been doing. I'll probably post pics of them during this week here.

@ ~H~: *blush* Oh gosh.. Thank you so much, I'm flattered I don't know what to say, haha XD FF is my favorite to cosplay from, and I am a big fan as well. (I'd like to THINK that someday I'll cosplay every character possible, but that will take my whole life probably haha) I very much love all of your cosplays too, you have a really good collection you have made!! O_O and all finished too by the looks of it! Even your son cosplays with you, which I really love seeing.~ ^_^ Eeee, I love Lenna! She's one of my fav characters in FF V. I would LOVE to see that cosplay, that would be epic. I don't think I have ever seen a white mage Lenna before.

@Seifer-sama: It's possible to have a opera house location yes! There's one that my dad sometimes gets asked to play at, I've played violin there as well. I wonder if I can get photos there.... hmmm... O.o

@MDA: as said before, CoD looks lovely!~ I can't wait to see the little snakey guys on.

@Tifaia: I know I said this already, but wow, Celes. *.* Did you do any more work on her?

@kaligoddess: Indeed, it's sad that most classic FF's are kinda like that D: But in a way it can be a blessing, as there is no fighting to be 100% accurate you kinda have your own free will to do as you please with it.

@Celine: YES! Good to hear that Palom is almost finished.~ It makes me happy that he's getting cosplay love.
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2012, 07:18 PM   #1935
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@MetalArtisan: Sweet. Can't wait to see! I picked up a few bits to start scaling armor for a customer. I now know the pain. Holy crap. I thought the time spent on embroidery was bad.

@MDA: Sweet. No CoD is complete with tentacles. XD

@Celine: I'm using my machine this time due to time constraints. It makes me a little sad because I really do enjoy hand embroidery, but then I look at my costume list and reality tells me otherwise.

I'm like that too with wigs. Sometimes I'll add a side-swept bang to help my forehead. lol

@kaligoddess: Oh crap. Isn't that the truth. And with Amano stuff sometimes the designs change. I mean Celes has like, what, 6 or 7 different variations of her outfit? Most of the concepts are the same, but colors just go out the window. lol After a while you just kind of come up with your own interpretation and roll with it.

@Seifer-sama: I'm keeping the stitches small, using a thinner thread, and it's a lot of straight lines. Easy for my machine to handle. I'm taking the pattern for the embroidery from her Anthologies render. That was my original intent to copy that design and I failed at the colors. Figure I'll salvage some of my sanity by using that for the embroidery. XD But I am also planning on doing the flower design on the organza that I've dyed. http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...Celeschere.jpg

I can't wait for Fanime either! So far away, but closing in. O_O

@Liliana: Hi lady! Glad you were able to get all of that cording done. ^^I've done a little more work with her. Stenciled out the embroidery design and waiting on my gems for her belt and earrings to set. ^^
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote