Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Others

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-27-2012, 07:48 PM   #16
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
International-flighty friendly? Dare I ask how that's an issue. Oh wait size. I imagine size is a factor.
Mostly size, but also there's a pretty big damage risk. At least for a paranoid FlutterMai like me.

Looking forward to the social stuff at PAX a lot. My travel-buddy who was there a couple of years ago has done a really good job of selling me on the con ^_^ I think we're going to book our flights tonight or tomorrow; just have to decide how much time to allow for being Boston tourists since I failed at that last time I was there

Unread 11-27-2012, 08:28 PM   #17
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiSheri View Post
Mostly size, but also there's a pretty big damage risk. At least for a paranoid FlutterMai like me.

Looking forward to the social stuff at PAX a lot. My travel-buddy who was there a couple of years ago has done a really good job of selling me on the con ^_^ I think we're going to book our flights tonight or tomorrow; just have to decide how much time to allow for being Boston tourists since I failed at that last time I was there
I would say get into BAWWSTOONN early Thursday and leaving everything but the evening free. Once Team ANARCHRIS REIGNS gets our collective shit together, FUN DRANKING TIME IN ENSURED!

Also HOLY SHIT, expect this crowd to ruin other cons for you. PAX PEOPLES ARE BEST PEOPLES, THEY ARE OLDER, NICE AND CHILLAX, YOU WILL LOVE THEM!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 11:41 PM   #18
cyanidesun797

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
I would say get into BAWWSTOONN early Thursday and leaving everything but the evening free. Once Team ANARCHRIS REIGNS gets our collective shit together, FUN DRANKING TIME IN ENSURED!

Also HOLY SHIT, expect this crowd to ruin other cons for you. PAX PEOPLES ARE BEST PEOPLES, THEY ARE OLDER, NICE AND CHILLAX, YOU WILL LOVE THEM!
Are the crowds really that different from other cons? I mentioned this before - I've never been so I don't really know.
Unread 11-27-2012, 11:58 PM   #19
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanidesun797 View Post
Are the crowds really that different from other cons? I mentioned this before - I've never been so I don't really know.
Despite it's size, PAX East is way more relax as a con. The crowd is older, so you don't get a lot meme screaming children, and the cosplay scene is at maybe a 1/4th of the attendees. It's very much more about the programming and games than it is standing around posing for photos.

That being said, you also need to stay on top of shit. I waited in line for about 2 hours for both the Mass Effect and the Gearbox panels. Was it worth it? YUP. Do you need to do it for any of the big games/panel. YUP.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 11-28-2012, 01:08 AM   #20
Yavarice
Skymoose

Not to mention the halls are lined with SUMOs so you can just flop down wherever you like. XD

I'm looking forward to seeing the evolved PAXeast - the first year was awesome despite all the first-time hiccups!
Yavarice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 01:59 AM   #21
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yavarice View Post
Not to mention the halls are lined with SUMOs so you can just flop down wherever you like. XD

I'm looking forward to seeing the evolved PAXeast - the first year was awesome despite all the first-time hiccups!
HI YAVARICE :P

Achievement unlocked: flights booked. PAX will be awesome.
Unread 11-28-2012, 09:26 AM   #22
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:

You haven't been since they moved locals? Your mind, she shall be blown, as the newer local is MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH bigger and better.

Quote:
HI YAVARICE :P

Achievement unlocked: flights booked. PAX will be awesome.
...yay.

And YES, YES IT WILL BE!

Unread 11-29-2012, 07:55 PM   #23
Yavarice
Skymoose

I will hold it to you that awesomeness will be guaranteed LOL

Now to figure out a costume plan and execute it XD
Unread 11-29-2012, 08:20 PM   #24
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
I will hold it to you that awesomeness will be guaranteed LOL

Now to figure out a costume plan and execute it XD
GUARANTEED AWESOMENESS OF I'LL GIVE YOU THE MONEY YOU GAVE ME BACK.

ALSO GIVE ME MONEY!

Unread 12-01-2012, 09:35 AM   #25
Yavarice
Skymoose

I'll smuggle in some Kinder Eggs - that work? =P
Unread 12-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #26
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:

YES. GOOD.

Unread 12-02-2012, 10:46 PM   #27
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Quote:
You'd better not be planning to put that contraband chocolate in my suitcase >_>
I'm a terrible liar. They'd never believe I didn't know.
Unread 12-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #28
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
You'd better not be planning to put that contraband chocolate in my suitcase >_>
I'm a terrible liar. They'd never believe I didn't know.
Friendship is magic FlutterMai. And that magic often requires friends to smuggle candy for other friends.

Unread 12-07-2012, 02:40 PM   #29
riathewolf

Getting seriously excited for this con! Talia is pretty much done. Just have to finish my Terra costume now!
riathewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #30
cyanidesun797

Does anyone have any advice I should know as a first time attendee? Besides getting in lines waaaaay ahead of time. That goes without saying.