Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #1981
MDA
Destiny Productions

@Seifer : Thanks ^^ I'll be making sure to take lots of progress shots of them!

Also, progress shot of Cloud of Darkness' top!! SHE IS BEING FINISHED TOMORROW!!!!!
Bout time...
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3322257/
Madness of Duke Venomania Kaito Shion (Vocaloid) [70%] | Blake Belladonna (RWBY) [100%] | God Tier Jake English (Homestuck) [100%] | Nightie Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshihtsuji) [100%] | Condesce (Homestuck) [100%]

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-29-2012, 11:35 AM   #1982
Seifer-sama

@ MDA: I am so excited!!! And that's great about COD. I am sure you are so ready to be finished with her!

Cosplay Update: I need to remake my earrings again. I think I did something wrong with the fimo clay because it's still rubbery and won't sand. >: ( And I finally decided to put the flowers on the back of my cape. I was too afraid to paint it and ruin it before, but I think instead of paint I will see if I can make them out of organza. If it works, I will have pictures!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #1983
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer -

Workout: That's a good idea doing that at work. On the weekends, I'm usually too busy for anything (customers are staring at me or asking why we are not working faster when we work as fast as we can). On the weekdays, that may work though when we aren't quite as busy. As for the holidays, I didn't gain as much as I was worried about. I did keep fairly healthy and not indulge too much of the dessert.

Fiberglass: Well, still waiting on watching that movie. Hopefully, I will get to see it before it's no longer in theaters. I just have such busy and conflicting work schedules with most of my friends right now. I may end up having to see it on BD / DVD when it comes out. As for Fiberglass, I'd love to show you how it works. TBH, I'm thinking I may ask a few things on wig styling and applique when you come if that's cool.

Mornings: I have been doing a little better these days, but not as well as I would like for getting up.

Props: That is very true about props. With Duke, I was pretty much stuck carrying that thing around all day. I may do that one in foam and fiberglass if I do it again. We'll see, though. As for making paperclay, here is the process - http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Paper-Clay

Upcoming projects: That sounds like a good plan for the 12k sword sheath. I'll probably do the same with Cecil's sheathes. As for the garden, that's really expensive! I'm hoping we could convince them no profit is to be made and we are doing free advertising for them. It is such a beautiful place. Maybe they will give us an exception.

Terra shoot and dress: That's true with cloudy shoots as well. I always squint in the sunlight and doesn't look good in pictures. The best is either going in the early morning or late evening or having a cloudy day for shooting. Oh yeah, I may experiment with hair lighting on this next shoot by placing another light from behind. I want to see how it works out. As for the snow shoot, I'm kind of excited to see what other people's reactions are going to be. As for Puppet Zelda, that is cool that kids liked it. So you decided to go with the Organza idea, then? Sorry to hear the earrings are giving you a bit of trouble.

I hope you were able to get some stuff done. You probably got more than me since I had to work so much during the holidays.

@MDA - Welcome back and I'm excited about your new Kuja project. BTW, did you say you were going to do Trance Kuja at some time? I'm actually planning on doing Trance Zidane myself - hopefully by the time I go to AN 2014. Great progress on CoD, BTW.

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 12:44 PM   #1984
Seifer-sama

@ FinalEva-

Workout: I can understand being too busy more of the time, but maybe when things slow down you can try that. As for customers, it seems like a lot of people like to complain even when they don't really have a reason or the right to. There's not much you can do about it but smile and ignore them I guess. That's great that you didn't gain as much weight as you thought!! Keep up the good work.

Fiberglass: As for Wreck it Ralph, maybe we could go when we come visit? I wouldn't mind seeing it again. I am sure we can find a theater that has late showings. As for asking questions about wigs and applique, that's totally okay with me! Do you need me to bring anything?

Mornings: Same here. ^^;

Props: Wow, making paperclay looks like a crazy process!! Thanks for the link though. As for your Duke sword, can you make a frog for it so you don't have to carry it?

Upcoming projects: Honestly for the sheaths, so long as the sword fits and it looks good, I don't think it's a process that needs over complicating. I think wonderflex is sturdy enough to hold a sword too, so it should work very well for Cecil. As for the garden, I sure hope so too!! It is lovely.

Terra shoot and dress: Ha ha yeah squinting looks a bit silly in photos and I have a tough time doing the "1,2,3, open your eyes!" thing... I am just blinded by white light. Personally I like the way photos come out on a cloudy day. As for experimenting with lighting, that sounds great!! As for the snow shoot, I think people will think we are nuts!! But I don't care. Speaking of the organza flowers and cape, I am not sure I will be able to have that part of the costume finished by the time we do the snow shoot. Maybe we can fins clever ways to hide that they aren't there. Or if it doesn't matter, maybe we can just do another shoot if we desperately need to. Your call. I will do my best to have everything done though. As for the earring, I will try again this weekend.

I actually didn't do too bad this holiday break. I didn't get as much done as I wanted, but that's okay too. My SS harp is almost finished, I made the bracelets and I am almost finished with a TP Zelda armor commission, so yeah not bad. I plan on working on Skullomania this weekend too. I hope you will get the chance to work on your stuff soon too.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 11-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #1985
MDA
Destiny Productions

@Seifer: I look forward to seeing what you do for the flowers for your cape

@Final: Yeah, Trance is in there somewhere. Garnet I have for 2014 already, plus many other... large costumes >> I'm going to die in 2014... Oz, Garnet, Kaito, Deamond, Ameran.... I'll be making it out to the USA in 2014 for a convention - MetroCon down in Tampa! Already saving up!

CoD is done! Just... too dark to go out and take photos.... T_T but I'll take some tomorrow. with my wig I use for Sephiroth. going to reposition the hair a bit for her... original idea for CoD's hair I ended up not liking.
Madness of Duke Venomania Kaito Shion (Vocaloid) [70%] | Blake Belladonna (RWBY) [100%] | God Tier Jake English (Homestuck) [100%] | Nightie Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshihtsuji) [100%] | Condesce (Homestuck) [100%]

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
Unread 11-30-2012, 11:58 AM   #1986
Seifer-sama

@ MDA: Thanks!! I just hope my idea works. :P It sounds like you are busy in 2014. That is when we USA peoples are meeting up with your Canadian peoples at one of your cons right? I have actually already started shopping around for Minwu stuffs. I am so excited!! Congrats on finishing CoD!! That's awesome!! As for the wig, her's looked like a monster to work with, so I hope you are able to get it to a point where you are happy with it.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 11-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #1987
MDA
Destiny Productions

@Seifer: I believe 2014 is the year. I won't be part of the FFII group though... no time for me to make an FFII costume in that year. As far as I'm concerned, 2014 is full for costumes.

And I officially have Cloud of Darkness photos! But in the spring/summer I'll have better photos!!!
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/443886/

2014 Cons/Events:

Facebook | deviantART
Unread 12-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #1988
Seifer-sama

@ MDA: Aww that's too bad you can't join us, but I totally understand! It will still be cool to meet you in person. And I know I already said so, but great job on CoD. I am so happy that you were able to finish her. How many do you have left to make now?? :P

Cosplay Update: Fabric for my flowers on my Terra cape shipped! Hooray!! I can't wait to get started. I also have an idea on how to make a new fire spell prop. We will see how it goes though!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 12-07-2012, 12:36 AM   #1989
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

Workout: During the weekday, there is definitely more time. I usually walk a couple blocks around the very large Sears store on my break as well. I think the main problem is that customers also complain to the wrong person. Like the cameras not being fixed in time - as associates we are doing the best. I usually just give them the complaint number.

Fiberlgass: If you did want to see Wreck it Ralph then, that would be cool. Do you know if it will still be plaing by then. As for the wigs and applique, I think just the Terra wig and the the applique on the tights may be good enough for me to see. I wouldn't mind getting a bit closer look at that.

Props: That could be an idea. But I think I may want to make the next one a bit better in the details as well. We'll see if I am going to wear that costume more. If I could have something lighter that is easier for me to do more poses in, that would be good. It sounds like you have a spell prop in the making now?

Upcoming projects: Well, that is probably what I will do for some sheathes coming up. I don't know how much I'll get done with the weapons for Cecil before Fanime, but I'll try. I would like to find some locations like the garden if that will be too expensive.

Terra shoot and dress: I've had my fair share of squinting pictures. I really can't do the "open your eyes thing either." Clouds act like a natural diffuser for the sunlight, so that's why it usually looks pleasing. You don't have all the harsh shadows like in the middle of a sunny day. I'm really excited about the snow shoot. I think I have figured out like in the photo I showed you. I may just want to experiment with you wearing the wig in the parking lot of my apartment the night before so we aren't doing too much fiddling around in the snow. As for the flowers, that's awesome you got the fabric. I hope it works out well for you. If you don't have it finished - no worries. Cosplays are always works in progress anyways. We probably will have to do a snow shoot once the magitek seat is done. It sounds like you were able to make the new earrings as well.

That's good you got at least a little done during the break. Good to hear about the SS harp. Can't wait to see pictures there. Is it her shoulder armor you are working on now for a commission? Thanks for working so hard on Skullo. I'm sure Spencer will be excited. Making a little progress here on Cecil. Hoping to make more Friday, the 7th.

Planned:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Unread 12-07-2012, 02:33 PM   #1990
Seifer-sama

@ FinalEVA:

Workout: I am glad you are just finding time to stick to your routine. In a big store at leas you walk a lot, like you said. As for customers, they usual's don't care who they complain to (right or wrong person) they just want to complain. It's not exactly the best way to have the problem solved, but I don't think people really think that deeply about their actions, especially when it's against others. I think if they did, there would be less rude people in the world.

Fiberlgass: We will have to see about WiR, I am not sure if it's still around. Do you have any theaters near you? As for Terra, if those are good enough examples for you then that works for me!

Props: Swords are tough for sure, so I can understand you wanting a lighter one. What materials do you think would work better for it? As for the spell prop, yes I do, but I need to experiment first. :P

Upcoming projects: Well just get as much as you can done on the props and if you are able to pull some together, great. But if not, it's okay too. You can always have it next time. As for photos, I know Fanime tore down the cool area to the side of the con, but maybe there are some other locations nearby that may work.

Terra shoot and dress: That's not a problem to do tests in the parking lot. I think I will be much happier testing there than when I am standing in the snow. :P As for the flowers, I will try, but honestly I don't expect to have them done in time, which is fine. Like you said, we may have to come back and do a few more shoots once the armor is complete.

I am so excited about the harp, it looks really cool. Although I had to take a break form wonderflexing, my fingers felt burned for a few days. As for the commission, it's actually all the armor, I was just working on the shoulder pieces. And you are welcome about Skullomania, I am excited to see this one finished honestly!! I am sure Spencer will have a blast.

As for Cecil, I hope you get lots of work done today!!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 12-08-2012, 11:26 PM   #1991
MDA
Destiny Productions

Wow..... guess I'm super motivated for Ultimecia: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3325671/

2014 Cons/Events:

Facebook | deviantART
Unread 12-10-2012, 02:28 PM   #1992
Seifer-sama

@ MDA: I saw that on FB! Wow that looks great so far!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 12-17-2012, 12:38 PM   #1993
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer -

Workout: I'm definitely trying. Well, I just lost about a lb. last week - so I guess something is working right now. You are right about the customers. I think most of them just need someone to vent their frustration too. For instance when the customers vent the fact that their pictures aren't showing up on time (has everything to do with corporate and shipping), I just have to remind them that I get equally as frustrated. Sometimes they rethink who the are yelling to.

Fiberglass: Alright, hoping that WiR hangs on a bit more. The closest theater it doesn't look like it's playing, but there are ones a bit further playing now (don't know about 10 days). As for Applque, I think Terra should be good enough to get an idea.

Props: As for the swords, I'm thinking of doing insulation foam and fiberglass. The insulation foam is super cheap. The fiberglass is a bit more, but not too bad. I can't wait to see the spell prop. How is that coming along, btw?

Upcoming projects: That's kind of my plan with Cecil. I'm just getting as much done as possible. I think the armor will for sure be done by then and at least the small dagger side arm. As for Fanime, it seems like they tore down alot of cool things. No more Fountains either? That was always really symbolic of the con I thought.

Terra Shoot and Dress: We could also test some stuff in Gasworks Park too if you wanted. As for the Flowers, if you do get them done that would be awesome. If you don't, there is always next time. But it sounds like you are progressing alot on that. I think the Magitek seat will look neat with the Gestahlian flag and the snow falling.

I'm sure who ever you are making the Zelda armor will be really satisfied. I've always liked the look for TP Zelda's armor. It's very Queen-like. It sounds like the harp is moving along as well, so that's cool. You are almost finished with the Dress for SS Zelda, right?

More work on Cecil today, I'm hoping.

Planned:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Unread 12-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #1994
Chaos55
I am going 2 soycon

Iam going to bring back my dissidia 012 alternate 2 Tidus (shirtless version), I have been working out for it, i'll wear it at some con in the spring or summer.
Chaos55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 12:19 PM   #1995
Seifer-sama

@ FinalEVA:

Workout: I have slowed down a bit these last couple days, but I am going to try and pick it up again today. I have actually lost a couple pounds in these last weeks, so I am pretty motivated. I hope you hang in there too! Any progress is good progress. As for the frustrating customers, you are almost done there at least!!

Fiberglass: I hope WiR hangs in there too! I honestly wouldn't mind going to see it again. I think by next week you should be able to check and see who still has it. I think most theaters change on Thursdays.

Props: That sounds like a great idea for the swords! I can't wait to see them. As for the fire spell, I haven't started just yet, but I will very soon. I still need to go shopping for the LED, but that's not a big deal. I have also been brainstorming some other spell ideas, so we will see. I have to test and see if this one works first before I start on others.

Upcoming projects: I am so glad you are making some Cecil progress. I hope you got a lot done yesterday too. As for Fanime, they tore that convention apart sadly. I am not sure how it's supposed to look next year, but I keep hearing that there will still be construction. And I agree, I liked the fountain too.

Terra Shoot and Dress: I am all for testing. As for the flowers, I am pretty confident I can finish that in time. I may not have all the beads done, but that's just addition details. I actually need to work on the dress as soon as I get the flowers attached. I bought all I needed to fix that up yesterday, so I need to hurry up and do that before it gets to be crunch time. And I agree, the Magitek armor would look awesome in the snow! Are we going to get a headlight and put it in it? :P

And thank you for the compliments on the armor. I am hoping she likes it as well. As far as Zelda designs, I love TP's, she does look like a Queen. As for SS, the dress is almost done, I just have to attach the zipper. As far as the rest goes, I need to make the belt and the sailcloth. I think the rest is the easy part, which is exciting. I think the next project will then have to be Mr. Groose.

@ Chaos55: Awesome!! Please post pictures when you do get the chance to wear your Tidus!

EDIT:

Cosplay Update: I cannot believe I finished it so quickly, but I took my Terra dress apart the day before yesterday to put new boning in it and I managed to completely finish it yesterday and get it back together! Nothing else has changed on it, but I really think the new boning will help the dress sit better then ever. I also have all my flowers finished for my cape, so hopefully this evening I will be able to get some attached so I can take pictures for you guys! I hope everyone else is making great progress.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV

Last edited by Seifer-sama : 12-20-2012 at 10:48 AM.