Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Photography > Locations

Unread 11-27-2012, 08:23 PM   #1
Quinzy

Photoshoot in Cathedral? Possible?

I want to do a Crona and Maka photoshoot in a cathedral where they first met, but I don't know how willing a cathedral would be to lend out it's space for something like that. Would anyone here know or have a guess of how it would go if I went to one to ask?
Quinzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-29-2012, 08:12 AM   #2
Cyanna
Yarrrrn Pirate

I would tread carefully...it is a place of worship and prayer after all.

I don't think it's any problem to take pictures outside. But going inside...the noise alone may be a problem. You'd be using the space for something very different from its intended purpose and people can get really upset when a significant part of their lives is treated in an inappropriate way.

I would definitely ask first and not while you are in costume. The worst they could do is say no. I would not get your hopes up for taking pictures inside. Some cathedrals don't allow picture taking at all except for major things like weddings.

Last edited by Cyanna : 11-29-2012 at 08:15 AM.
Cyanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 06:05 PM   #3
Access

It's private property so you must ask, and likely it's a longshot. That said there are typically two routes to this type of thing, the front door or the side door. Either find who is supposed to be in charge and ask them for formal permission, or find someone who simply has access and get them to help you.

As unlikely as it is, knowing or having a prominent member ask for you can help. Other typical issues include liability and insurance, whether they see you and what you are doing as being respectful of the setting and so on. Monetary donations can sometimes be helpful but can also have the opposite effect if they are taken the wrong way. If you are a known photographer, offering your services for free for other purposes may also help if you follow through.
Access is offline   Reply With Quote