Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Unread 08-28-2012, 03:32 AM   #76
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

I must give my vote on a mid-transformation wig. I've never seen anyone do that and it would look hella cool!! Then you must do this pose! xD
Heck, I've thought about doing it myself too whenever I've built up my wig styling/making skills. :'D

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Luxray (gijinka) - Pokémon

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Oulun animeseminaari (8-9 August 2014)
FRI Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SAT ???

Last edited by Blood_Sword : 08-28-2012 at 03:37 AM.
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #77
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Haha, that would be pretty awesome! I love that picture. My only worry is that it will look really weird to run around with the half-and-half wig the rest of the time (I can't wear contacts, so the transformation element wouldn't be immediately obvious). But I might have to do it for a photoshoot! ^_^

www.AndSewingIsHalfTheBattle.com
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it." — Maimonides
AVAAntares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #78
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

I love that picture too!
Ah.. point. But it would be very cool for a photoshoot nonetheless.

I haven't tried wearing contacts either.. mostly because I'm afraid I won't be able to care for them properly and also because I have a kind of bad memory from my childhood regarding eyedrops... hrrr. *shivers* But I don't really mind touching my eyes, so someday I must give it a go because there's a lot of red-eyed characters I want to cosplay.. including rasetsu. xD

*~In progress~*

SAT ???
Unread 08-31-2012, 08:01 PM   #79
MissLunatic
Someone

@Blood_Sword:
That's a really interesting idea , although quite difficult to make I fear for the reasons you already stated. But still awesome. Never thought about this.

But I guess for money, time reasons and an certain fear of contacts I myself won't even go as far as to cosplay a normal rasetsu version. Guess I'll rather paint this goddamn pattern some time on Soujis black yukata...
MissLunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 04:52 AM   #80
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

I really want to start using contacts soon.. there's just too many especially red-eyed characters I want to cosplay and really need contacts for. XD (big part of the character)

Oh, and I guess I haven't told that I've been quietly upgrading my Hijikata cosplay? I've bought a new wig because, while there wasn't anything wrong with my old one, it just wasn't very flattering to my face and that bugged me. So I bought a new one, what's left is to put it in a ponytail.. I cut the bangs some few days ago.
I've also been meaning to change the kimono into an actual purple one and for the longest time I was searching high and low for a purple men's kimono with no luck (mind you, purple is a veeeery damn rare color to find on men's kimono items.. I know because I dress in kimono as one of my other hobbies) until I found something weird on eBay. lol And it turned out to be one of the best "risks" I've ever taken. <3

Also yesterday I got home early so I had several hours of being home alone to derp around in cosplays and try stuff on. I've been having an urge to try on what I had ready of my updated Hijikata cosplay for quite some time now so.. I did. Photos (there's a lot xD) can be found here in my cosplay blog: http://valkoinensamurai.blogspot.com...hoto-spam.html

*~In progress~*

SAT ???

Last edited by Blood_Sword : 09-20-2012 at 04:54 AM.
Unread 09-20-2012, 07:53 AM   #81
yori_haishi

I'm planning Heisuke for a con one day (not sure when) but I'm excited even though I'm still trying to figure out how to make his Japanese uniform. ^^; I'll have Chizuru in before I get around to Heisuke if I want to cosplay from Hakuouki before he's done.

Upcoming Cons this year:
AUSA

2012 cons:
Katsucon, Animazement(maybe), Otakon, AUSA
yori_haishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 12:15 AM   #82
Elf Lady
Bishies are love

Blood Sword, that's an excellent find for a purple kimono! Your Hijikata is fabulous!
Yaoi Con 2012:Hakuouki - Saito Hajime (Western and traditional version)
Rurouni Kenshin - Oro?
Elf Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #83
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

Oops, sorry for the ultra late reply but thanks Elf Lady!

A few weeks ago I found a not-far-from-perfect yukata kimono at eBay that I could use for Okita, who is one of my dream cosplays, and seeing how it was pretty cheap and ideal length and all for me I just had to get it no matter what! I did win it and it arrived a few days ago and ahkjfsagkj;dsh I'm just so happy about it. <3 I'm slowly collecting what I need for Okita and planning how to make it as awesome as possible, my number one favorite character.. ever ~

I won't cosplay Okita until a few years into the future though but I have planned to cosplay rasetsu!Hijikata (season 1 version) this autumn and I also plan to make a shinsengumi flag this summer to carry around at cons!

I love Hakuōki way too much.. ehehe.. I can't even imagine stopping to cosplay from it. xD

*~In progress~*

SAT ???
Unread 08-16-2013, 12:50 PM   #84
MinaUchiha2
Cosplay not in a can

*Revives thread* Soooo I actually finally started Kosuzu, much later than planed and after I actually picked to not do her. I've been working on her for probably close to a month now and gotten just about all the sewing done! Dyed 2 layers of fabric, painted almost every single piece of fabric(yellow layer doesn't need it so). Obi's got it's weird pattern, kimono is drowning in cute flowers!
Kinda a WIP set:
http://missmina2s-cosplays.tumblr.co...on-kosuzu-from

And the last set of pictures taken of it:
http://missmina2s-cosplays.tumblr.co...etty-much-done

2014 Cosplays for Ichibancon/Triadanimecon/Nashicon/Animazement:
Eternal Sailor Moon & Fruits Usagi, Sailor Moon.
Upgraded Magical Girl Mami, Madoka Magica.
School & SAO Asuna, Sword Art Online.
Code Black in Ashford C.C., Code Geass.
Mimori & Takamina, AKB0048.
Ballgown!TARDIS, Doctor Who.
And lots of Lolita.
MinaUchiha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 02:15 PM   #85
GreenRiderNikki
daydreaming

My friend made me aware of the us game release back in July. I played through it rather quickly lol. Anyway I'm planning to make Heisuke's western attire for Sakura-con next year with a friend as western attire Okita. It's going to be a mix of bought stuff and made stuff. I've bought the gloves and already own a white dress shirt. The vest I've made and I'm currently in the process of making the robe that ties around his waist. I've been trying to decide on if I should buy some pants or make some pants. I suppose if I still have some free time I'll make them but if I run out of time I'll buy them.
GreenRiderNikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 10:56 PM   #86
Noize
One Sky, One Destiny

Gosh I need to get back to my Okita cosplay. Sad thing is, I made one of the most beautiful brown gloves from his second season cosplay, but are now either missing or lost somewhere ever since I moved... Time to make new ones...
Yusei Fudo [Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds]

Dream Cosplays
Chrome Dokuro [Katekyo Hitman REBORN!]
Armin Arlet or Levi [Shingeki no Kyojin]
Rin [Togainu no Chi]
Lucina [Fire Emblem Awakening]
Aqua [Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep]

Noize is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #87
MissLunatic
Someone

@Noize:
Somehow I stumbled over two of your posts ^^. Seems as if someone is eagerly going back to cosplay after a break?
Hope you find your missing glove or at least that making new ones doesn't bother you too much. I understand the trouble you are in very well. (Since I'm a scatterbrain in general.)

Besides have to rework my Okita cosplay too very soon xD. Although it's first season.
We are going to have a shooting at the end of this month and I finally want to paint the missing white pattern onto it after 2 years ^^''.

Upcoming:
Hotohori (Fushigi Yuugi)
Young Griff (A Song of Ice and Fire - A Dance with Dragons)
Superbi Squalo (KH Reborn!)
Arianne Martell (A Song of Ice and Fire)
Shoryu (Log Horizon)
Sharrkan (Magi - The Labyrinth of Magic)
Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2)
Rokudo Mukuro (7 Gods of Luck) (KH Reborn!)

Upgrading:
Kagari Shusei (Psycho-Pass)
Okita Souji (Hakuouki)
Unread 09-23-2013, 09:21 PM   #88
Noize
One Sky, One Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLunatic View Post
@Noize:
Somehow I stumbled over two of your posts ^^. Seems as if someone is eagerly going back to cosplay after a break?
Hope you find your missing glove or at least that making new ones doesn't bother you too much. I understand the trouble you are in very well. (Since I'm a scatterbrain in general.)

Besides have to rework my Okita cosplay too very soon xD. Although it's first season.
We are going to have a shooting at the end of this month and I finally want to paint the missing white pattern onto it after 2 years ^^''.
Sadly, I believe I will have to make new pair of gloves...
I taking a break from working on my Okita costume since I have two costume I need to complete before spring for an anime convention, but my Okita costume is like 90% done now that I lost the gloves... I am planning on cosplaying as him if I attend a convention during the winter time. I am actually thinking about remaking my costume as well since the one I made, I wasn't thinking correctly and didn't use lining, but regular fabric...

My costume... : http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3350632/

Another funny thing is that I have a "Cosplay Box" where I keep all my small items for my costume and I was sure that I left my gloves in there. They must have grew legs and ran away...

Dream Cosplays
Rin [Togainu no Chi]

Unread 10-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #89
MissLunatic
Someone

@Noiz:
What's lining? Sorry for the question, but I'm not a native speaker and therefore don't know all the correct terms.

Well, but 90% sounds nice, even if you postpone it a little again.^^ I often have to wait to start cause other things are scheduled earlier. Had to postpone painting the pattern again as well -.-. But for next spring I'll finish it was well. The shooting was so much fun that our group decided to have another one, when the temperatures outside will be a little more convenient again. Besides I don't think your cosplay neccessarily needs to be remade o.O. On the clothes hook it looks fine to me and the fabric I used for my 'eastern' version was even not of that quality... But I don't want to remake it cause of the patterns -.-. Much too much work.

Upcoming:
Hotohori (Fushigi Yuugi)
Young Griff (A Song of Ice and Fire - A Dance with Dragons)
Superbi Squalo (KH Reborn!)
Arianne Martell (A Song of Ice and Fire)
Shoryu (Log Horizon)
Sharrkan (Magi - The Labyrinth of Magic)
Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2)
Rokudo Mukuro (7 Gods of Luck) (KH Reborn!)

Upgrading:
Kagari Shusei (Psycho-Pass)
Okita Souji (Hakuouki)
Unread 10-08-2013, 08:21 AM   #90
Noize
One Sky, One Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLunatic View Post
@Noiz:
What's lining? Sorry for the question, but I'm not a native speaker and therefore don't know all the correct terms.

Well, but 90% sounds nice, even if you postpone it a little again.^^ I often have to wait to start cause other things are scheduled earlier. Had to postpone painting the pattern again as well -.-. But for next spring I'll finish it was well. The shooting was so much fun that our group decided to have another one, when the temperatures outside will be a little more convenient again. Besides I don't think your cosplay neccessarily needs to be remade o.O. On the clothes hook it looks fine to me and the fabric I used for my 'eastern' version was even not of that quality... But I don't want to remake it cause of the patterns -.-. Much too much work.
How should I explain. Uh lining is fabric that is used to help the fabric last longer. It's also really pretty at the final results if your costume.
If I can find some old brown fabric, I'd like to get this costume done by winter. Dunno why but I think winter photoshoots for Hakuouki is really pretty. Surprisingly, my first gloves were made from a old tank top I had.
Don't worry! You'll get it done!

Dream Cosplays
Rin [Togainu no Chi]