Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Sewing/Fabric Craft

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-30-2012, 02:13 PM   #1
squeakum

Snow White Help!!!!!

I am wanting to do a snow white cosplay and I already have a pattern that would be pretty good for it but i do like the way it look with the bodice and the skirt attached thats easily fixed my problem is that I what the bodice to act as a corset with boning and stuff. I am decent at sew and i would have my mothers help. So my question is how would you all suggest going about altering this pattern (http://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m595...hp?page_id=915) also i need the bottom of the bodice to go to a point like snow's. I had two thoughts 1: Make the bodice separate and turn it into a corset (not sure how id go about that....) or 2: make it as is and just make a separate corset to wear over top....Any suggestions or help you could offer? Sorry this is so long and if i might have confused you. Please help. I think the rest is good, OH!!! what fabric would you suggest to use? and I was want it to be like the original but different at the same time (if that makes sense) any suggestions?
squeakum is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #2
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Simplicity actually makes a Snow White pattern. I have it because we are using it as a basis for my future sister-in-law's Twisted Snow White and later a regular version. It has the same issue as the pattern you linked, in that the bodice and skirt are connected. But we decided to just make the skirt a simpler A-line one since we didn't like all the gathers in the pattern and will use the bodice from the pattern. We are going to just line and hem the top and use boning in it to give it a good shape so that it stays close to her body. We haven't decided yet if we are going to use a zipper or lace up the back, but you could easily modify it to lace like a corset if you wanted to.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 11:01 AM   #3
Penlowe

I agree to using a pattern that already has the pointed waistline that you desire. Amending the top to a point is easy, it's calculating the change to the skirt panels that is a P.I.T.A.