Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Props/Accessories/Armor

Unread 12-01-2012, 11:31 PM   #1
nerdybird21
Maverick Hunter

Lightbulb Help - Black Armor Zero

Okay so for Otakon 2013 (the big 20th anniversary) I want to do Black Armor Zero from Mega Man X4/X5. I have pictures and my gf is a costume designer so we have a lot of great ideas, but I would love some feedback on how to make this work/where to get certain things that wouldn't necessarily be in the "where to find" guide. So I'll break this into sections:

ARMOR (Chest, legs, boots, and upper arms):

Going to be made out of wonderflex cause I want the rigid structure for the armor. Still working on how to secure it to my body but that should the easy part.

HELMET:

Also wonderflex, but with some cloth padding on the inside for comfort.

Z BUSTER:

Resin gem for the end, wonderflex for the outside, but here's the hard part; I want to put a small sound board and two speakers inside (little dome ones) to make the buster charge sound at the push of a button.

My question for this is does anyone know where I could get such a sound board? Or where I can order custom sound boards from?

Z SABER:

resin gem in hilt, but what I really want to do with this is tough and not sure how exactly to pull it off. I want to make the blade and hilt separate parts (that attach) so I can video edit it to make it look like I activate it like a lightsaber. Me and gf originally though resin with a EL wire or fiberoptics inserted into the resin before drying and then it would be powered by the hilt upon connection. Problem We'd run into is that I would have to make a custom mold (which I'm probably going to do regardless) and it would take a ridiculous amount of resin to accomplish this plus it would be incredibly fragile as I'm looking at a 2-2.5' blade (give or take). Definitely require assistance on how to accomplish this part of the task.

MISC:

Gems would be made out of resin and dyed the appropriate color. Wig would be secured to my head so I could take off the helmet at will.

So sorry to be long winded, but we want to start on this over winter break so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Zero11.jpg (31.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Zero13.jpg (12.0 KB, 0 views)
nerdybird21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-02-2012, 12:44 AM   #2
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

idea for the lightsaber would be el wire in clear aquarium tubing
Fem!Austrian War Succesion France (Hetalia/Nyotalia)- 10% done
Fem!Izaya (Drrr!)- 90% done
Magent!Teto (Vocaloid)- 95% done
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote