Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 12-01-2012, 12:12 AM   #31
222Coin222

So far I have a Titans group going and thus far we have Nightwing (me), Starfire, Speedy Wonder Girl, Raven, and various other Titans characters. I think we may have a Deathstroke/Slade as well but we'll see. We're all set for Friday so if you're planning on having yours on Friday, you just might see 'The Titans' there as well.
222Coin222 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-01-2012, 12:40 AM   #32
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Was there any set ideas on when to do a photoshoot? I was originally going to wear Quorra Friday evening and for Saturday evening/the masquerade. I suppose I could bring it out for the daytime too for a shoot. It's just going to be blistery hot and doesn't glow much in the sun.:P
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 08:40 AM   #33
Nightwitch-Kat
Busty Princessa

Weeell so far everybody seems to like Friday as a date so we could go with a sometime after 6 type of time frame though I'll seewhat everybody else thinks.

Oh and 222Coin222 - TITANS GO!

~ Up coming Cosplays ~
  • Princess Peach - Super Smash Bros
Nightwitch-Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #34
222Coin222

Starfire and I will be in the dealer's room by 6 (or when they APPARENTLY open early at 5) So we'll be quite early as it is, the rest of 'The Titans' should be there around that time as well. Emphasis on 'SHOULD' but if at the very least Dick and Kori will be there quite early. Oh also (me being a nerd) in the comics Nightwing says, "Titans Together!" In volume 2 of 'The New Teen Titans' by Marv Wolfman and George Perez. I have quite a few of the issues. xD However I'm NOT being 'Year One' Nightwing where he wore the disco suit (not yet at least=P).
222Coin222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #35
Nightwitch-Kat
Busty Princessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Coin222 View Post
Starfire and I will be in the dealer's room by 6 (or when they APPARENTLY open early at 5) So we'll be quite early as it is, the rest of 'The Titans' should be there around that time as well. Emphasis on 'SHOULD' but if at the very least Dick and Kori will be there quite early. Oh also (me being a nerd) in the comics Nightwing says, "Titans Together!" In volume 2 of 'The New Teen Titans' by Marv Wolfman and George Perez. I have quite a few of the issues. xD However I'm NOT being 'Year One' Nightwing where he wore the disco suit (not yet at least=P).
Cool beans and lol, how you can tell I have been reading more Marvel than DC

~ Up coming Cosplays ~
Unread 12-12-2012, 12:56 AM   #36
DreamKitty
Living the Dream.

So umm...I've recently become obsessed with the CG Barbie movies. Do they count for this? I'm really REALLY tempted to make a Keira cosplay from Barbie: Princess and the Popstar but I don't want to wear it and be shoo'd away. D:

Come visit my cosplay page~ DreamKitty Cosplay
DreamKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #37
Nightwitch-Kat
Busty Princessa

Of course it counts! That is most definitely a 'western' cosplay!

~ Up coming Cosplays ~
Unread 12-13-2012, 12:10 AM   #38
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Woohoo, my Quorra boots are finally breaking in somewhat. They are SO effing tight/restrictive. Like, can't move my ankles at ALL, can't go down steps with them zipped up fully because they're so tight on the leg tight. And the heels are three and a half inches tall, to boot. (Thanks to me dancing ballet, balancing in them ISN'T the problem...)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
Unread 12-13-2012, 01:14 PM   #39
Nightwitch-Kat
Busty Princessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Woohoo, my Quorra boots are finally breaking in somewhat. They are SO effing tight/restrictive. Like, can't move my ankles at ALL, can't go down steps with them zipped up fully because they're so tight on the leg tight. And the heels are three and a half inches tall, to boot. (Thanks to me dancing ballet, balancing in them ISN'T the problem...)
Woohoo indeed! I am highly jealous of your heel walking abilities

~ Up coming Cosplays ~
Unread 12-13-2012, 02:36 PM   #40
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Yeah, spend enough time balancing on the tip of one foot and high heeled shoes are no problem. XD Ooooh, I gotta figure out my masquerade entry, too. It'd be awesome to break into some cool dance routine, but certainly not in those boots (Grrr. My boyfriend wouldn't work on Rinzler enough to finish it on time, so I have to go it alone now).
Unread 12-13-2012, 05:59 PM   #41
Nightwitch-Kat
Busty Princessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Yeah, spend enough time balancing on the tip of one foot and high heeled shoes are no problem. XD Ooooh, I gotta figure out my masquerade entry, too. It'd be awesome to break into some cool dance routine, but certainly not in those boots (Grrr. My boyfriend wouldn't work on Rinzler enough to finish it on time, so I have to go it alone now).
Good point, all of my dance training was in belly dance so I can balance something on my head but I walk like a drunk with a broken ankle in heels.

~ Up coming Cosplays ~
Unread 12-20-2012, 11:27 AM   #42
Nightwitch-Kat
Busty Princessa

Well apparently my costume has shipped out but I'm still dealing with the brat of a wig! How are the rest of you doing?

~ Up coming Cosplays ~
Unread 12-20-2012, 05:23 PM   #43
danoof14th
Glomptastic!!!

My friends and I are doing a huge Avengers group but they're all being female versions of their characters while I'm being Loki. Our story is that I used magic to change them all into girls XD Really excited to see all of your cosplays (Especially the Teen Titans group! )

Cain - Trinity Blood
Lightning - Final Fantasy: Lightning Returns
Sasuke - Naruto Shippuden
Loki - The Avengers
danoof14th is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2012, 09:04 PM   #44
Nightwitch-Kat
Busty Princessa

Whoot more people!

~ Up coming Cosplays ~
Unread 12-20-2012, 09:25 PM   #45
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Slowly but somewhat-progress on Quorra today. I SHOULD have her torso armour, sans lighting, sewn up by the end of the week. I hope I can press out the side stretch pleather a bit. I sewed seams into the two layers of it and flipped it inside out (I both didn't want to show topstitching and don't have a foot for topstitching pleather on my machine), and now it looks poofy/not flat. My biggest worry is the lighting. My boyfriend's obviously helping me with the LED strips, snap connectors, etc., but I'm not going to know how I can attach the LED strips to the armour until I see them myself, I'm going to have to put a diffusing material overtop, annnnd I need to figure out how I'm supposed to get into the torso portion of the suit when I have lights around my hips, front and back and pulling it over my head is damn hard. I think I'm going to have to make two halves of one hip's circuit and with an inch or two where i can put my fasteners in place. Or velcro on a piece I can put on after getting the main one on. ARGH.