GENERAL COSPLAY RULES
1. You do not need to have any knowledge of chess in order to play. Your movements will be directed by one of two chess masters.
2. You have to apply to take part in chess. This event is not first come, first serve. The Cosplay Chess Director will make the final decision on who will take part in the actual event.
3. The Cosplay Chess Director will pick your final position on the chess board and what team you are on. This will not be revealed until the practice section.
4. Costumes and selected based on the following criteria: Craftsmanship, easy recognition and most importantly a high quality description of your characterís various actions.
5. This is a theatrical event; priority will be given to cosplayers who stay in character the entire time.
6. Entries can be from any source (for example manga, video games, pop culture, etc).
7. The same costume may be worn for Cosplay Chess and the Masquerade.
8. Costumes do not have to be made by the applicant.
9. You many apply more than once if you have multiple costumes that you wish to apply with.
10. You may apply as a group or individually.
11. Anyone participating that is under 18 must have a waiver signed by their parents or guardian.
12. You are allowed to have an assist character to aid your attack or death scenes. Be sure to include pictures of your assists in your application
13. You must have the ability to freely move on your own without assistance in your costume.
14. All costumes must follow the con rules, general policy and weapon policy and be appropriate.
15. All applications must be fully filled out. Any missing information will result in a dismissal of your application.
16. A photograph of your costume must be submitted with your application. You WILL NOT
be considered if you do not have this photograph attached.
17. All attacks, deaths and taunts must be approved by the Cosplay Chess Director.
18. Participants in the event are to avoid any physical contact that might hurt or damage a cospalyer in any way. If you are a problem you will be removed from the event immediately.
19. Participants MUST
attend the MANDATORY
Cosplay Chess practice session. This will take place on the day before the match. If you do not show up, you will not be in chess match. Important details that all participants will need to know will be covered during this time and this will give you an opportunity to practice your attack and deaths.
20. Participants MUST
arrive to the match an hour early for check in and set up. If you are not there your spot WILL be given to an alternate.
21. IMPORANT NOTE:
When applying, please be sure that you will be able to be to go to the meeting and show up to the match an hour before it starts.
22. If you happen to be unavailable after applying, it is your responsibility to write an email to the Cosplay Chess Director to notify him/her. An unjustified absence at the game will result in your exclusion in subsequent Cosplay Chess events.
23. Selected participants will be emailed the first week of April. You will have to send back a confirmation email sercuring your spot in the match before April 4th
. Failure to send this confirmation email will result in your spot being given to another applicant.
24. There will be no at convention sign up this year. If you want to be in Cosplay Chess you have to apply before March 25th 2013
Masculine Vs Feminine
Do not be fooled as this is not your typical match of women pitted against men. This year we want the most feminine characters to go against the most masculine characters of the nerd universe! Characters like Nuriko from Fushigi Yuugi, Sailor Neptune from Sailor Moon, and Ranka from Ouran High School Host Club are perfect examples of characters that qualify to battle for the Feminine side.
Where characters like Armstrong from Full Metal Alchemist, Sailor Uranus from Sailor Moon, and Guts from Berserk are excellent examples of those that would battle for the Masculine side.
Pick your side wisely and donít count anyone out. Who will come out victorious in a battle where the toughest and manliest of characters are pitted against those that seem pretty and dainty yet can still pack a punch. You wonít want to miss it so be sure to come and witness Cosplay Chess 2013!
HOW TO REGISTER
Please send all of the following information in one e-mail to: email@example.com
Email Title should be in the following format:
Character Name, Real Name, Source
Daphne Blake, Danielle Bishop, Scooby Doo
1. Your real name:
2. Phone number:
3. Your characterís name:
4. Originating series:
5. Example of three in character attacks
A minimum of three complete sentences for each attack)
6. Death scene: (A minimum of three complete sentences)
7. Sample taunt:
8. Attached image of you in your costume: