Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.
Unread 07-20-2011, 07:31 PM   #16
Kama

@ Puttay - StrawberrySiren is right in that I kind of instantly assumed you were a spambot. Since pretty much you join on the day you post something negative and, in my opinion, really, really hard to believe. I'm sorry you seemed to take it so negatively and will try to be more careful in my phrasing of the term "bullshit" since, well, I'm not sure what else to say it sounds like. Similarly, "Get out" wasn't "LEAVE THE SITE 4EVAR OMG" it was "give us the details or be quiet".

So let me rephrase. What you are saying sounds like it isn't true. Perhaps you are mistaken about "old contacts" because considering my lenses don't expire for close to ten years, I find it an amazingly hard to believe lapse that a site that specializes in lenses would keep stock that is that outdated. Like I said, you're welcome to your opinion, but I would also like to know details of the order (like when you ordered) and what miracle test there is to find out contacts are too old to be worn safely.

I've never ordered from that site. I probably never will. But there are enough newbies to contacts around here that alarmist behavior without actual facts hits one of my buttons to make me think you are a spambot or here to just badmouth a site. It has certainly happened before.
Kama is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-20-2011, 08:28 PM   #17
Marika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttay View Post
I bought [...] *snip*
No offense, but what I've come to learn from all reviews is that you take the most glowing and the most condemning and throw them out... then look at the rest. Sadly, were I to do that, your review would never be looked at. At all.

I own two pairs of lenses from The Dolly Eye and have had no negative side effects aside from the occasional irritation due to the fact that they're larger than my normal lenses... which irritate my eyes far more often and are made by CIBAVision, and sold to me by my optometrist. SO! Until a Korean lens does worse to my eye than what an American circus did, I'll still be looking there for lenses I can't get elsewhere.

Last edited by Marika : 07-20-2011 at 08:31 PM.
Marika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2011, 08:06 PM   #18
Crystalike
:3

I just recently bought 2 pairs from The Dolly Eye and I had no problem with them. They weren't old or whatever, and Marika is totally right in saying to throw out the most condemning review. Some people do have vendettas, and the number of negative reviews may seem a bit alarming, but I wouldn't judge on reviews alone, personal experience is also important.
Crystalike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 01:18 AM   #19
hapafairy

Sorry if I'm digging up an old thread.

I made my first purchase over a year ago and have bought five pairs from them to date. The first pair I threw out after six months because my prescription changed. I only wear these contacts in cosplay (5 - 7 times per year) and for no more than 12 hours at a time. Though I have been wearing prescription contacts since 2003, they do have some getting use to so I recommend wearing them for a few hours beforehand. Since I properly take care of them and never sleep with them in, I have had no problems or complications with them.

Personally, I have had no problems with the company itself. I always receive my order within a few weeks and nothing has ever been damaged. Though the packaging is questionable, it is how the company gets the contacts through customs quickly.

Bottom Line: I recommend thedollyeye.com for cosplay contacts.
hapafairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 11:07 PM   #20
Haruki0014

Sorry to bring back this dead thread... -_-;

Hey, I'm looking into getting lenses from TheDollyEye for Otakon (I'm a marylander) and I was just wondering if anyone's recently bought them and they're still good. dont be mad that I'm resurrecting this thread.
BTW I'm cosplaying as Death The Kid
Haruki0014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 11:39 PM   #21
confusedxphreak
RAWR

^I bought contacts from them recently (~2 months ago) and I just wore the contacts this weekend. I had no problems with them, so I would say they're still good.

Upcoming Cons:
confusedxphreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #22
maskedrose

Just found this thread! I wear glasses but my rx is mild so I wouldn't ask for a prescription (not that I even know mine anyway). I have never worn contacts. I just want plain red ones for Sailor Pluto and Enma Ai.

Advice? Is it a hassle to get them the traditional way in the US or should I buy from this site?

And.. I assume I should practice putting them in? Not sure why, but the idea of contacts freaks me out.. sticking something in my eye..

Thanks!!!
maskedrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012, 10:12 PM   #23
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedrose View Post
Just found this thread! I wear glasses but my rx is mild so I wouldn't ask for a prescription (not that I even know mine anyway). I have never worn contacts. I just want plain red ones for Sailor Pluto and Enma Ai.

Advice? Is it a hassle to get them the traditional way in the US or should I buy from this site?

And.. I assume I should practice putting them in? Not sure why, but the idea of contacts freaks me out.. sticking something in my eye..

Thanks!!!
Go to an eye doctor and get a contact lens exam. They will determine if you can wear contacts and give you a pair to practice with.

Thank you for completely removing my signature without emailing me that it was too long.
ThakYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 09:26 AM   #24
vervv
Vervv

I agree with ThakYuki. Seeing an Opthamologist is a must before you try on any contacts. They will teach you the proper ways to put in and care for your contacts to prevent any issues concerning your eyes' health.
vervv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #25
chibireese

Thanks for reviving this thread

I appreciate that this thread was revived. Some threads get so old (even in a year a company can go up or down in quality) So I was happy to see that this company is still good. I can't see squat without my contacts/glasses and it's hard to find companies that can provide fun colored contacts with Rx. Unfortunately a lot of the "colored contacts" available in the US are pretty tame visually.
chibireese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 06:26 PM   #26
ojosnegros

Exclamation Non prescription contacts

This thread is very interesting. I have used contact lenses for several years myself first with prescription which runs you around $ 60.00, but I have 20/20 vision, but unfortunately lot's of places require one. Searching online I came across several places that sell non prescription lenses some which have been taken off by the FTC, not because the sellers are bad or because the lenses are bad, just GOV issues. Contact lenses are not meant to be worn by everyone, but if you follow the lens care instruction , all should be fine. I have never purchased from (the dollyeye com), but I have purchased several times from a Company called (Dollyeyez.com) or http://www.offeritem.com/stores/dollyeyez-5226?bm=1356 their lenses are fresh and prices are great. Just because you have one bad experience with a don't condemn a company on one bad experience, if they appreciate the customer they will help you solve your issue.
Thank you
ojosnegros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #27
sakurishness
Haruhiism

I mean there isn't really a way to prove they are not safe...OR SAFE. Unless you're the manufacturer and you know exactly what's in the ingredients. They may be fine when you first wear them but can slowly deteriorate overtime - how is the common person to know? Generally we think that if we wear them and don't get blind/infections...should be good enough? The way I see it is if you are really worried, assume that the lenses are only half-good in their material and would only last half as long. So just get them replaced reguarly and you should be fine even if they aren't made from the best materials. I wouldn't recommend them if you've never used CLs before. You NEED to know proper hygiene..and bad fittin cuts off oxygen from your eyes overtime.

But if you aren't wearing for long periods of time (ie. costuming), not wear them for YEARS (they're so cheap damnit, replace them!), already a contact lens wearer...I say it should be okay!

SORRY for reviving an old thread! It's just that I'm in this field and i was researching certain colors from dollyeye and came across this. I just want my fellow cosplayers to stay safe!..no matter with dollyeye contacts or any type of contacts.