Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > BlazBlue

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-27-2011, 01:14 AM   #1
Cosplay-Gamer
Pandora Hearts FanGirl

Post Blazblue Rachel Alucard - skirt

Hey everyone, i kinda need help with make a skirt .///. i never made a proper skirt before and i want my Rachel cosplay to come out awesome owo now i know some people put like hoops in thier skirts but i don't want to do that o.o; i think it makes it look cheap in my mind, and i want to be able if i want when i sit down like on a flat surface that i could straighten out my skirt so makes a nice circle like this but again my lack knowlage of skirts and the amount of fabric i will have to use kinda scares me ;w; can any help me? maybe point me to a Tutorial or something ;-;

Rachel~

i just need to know how to make the base of the skirt >.>; the other details i can do myself

PS. i think should be under the Video Games section i've never been on the forums before and it confuses me @_@;
Cosplay-Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-27-2011, 12:41 PM   #2
Zarai13

I think you can achieve this look using a circle skirt. I found a couple of tutorials online that might help you out:

Basic Circle skirt:
http://whatthecraft.com/circle-skirt...-and-improved/

This one shows you how to do a double circle skirt:
http://whatthecraft.com/circle-skirt...kirt-and-more/
Zarai13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2011, 04:31 AM   #3
MarineSnow

I cosplayed and made Rachel's costume last year and the way I made my skirt was make a base hoop skirt, then make the white underskirt ruffle and black overskirt seperately and NOT attached to each other. The skirt still lays out into a perfect circle.

Since you don't want to put hoop in your skirt, I can't figure out another way you can make it poofy, but I will suggest maybe trying my method as the white ruffle and black over skirt hides the hoop skirt and yet it still lays out perfectly circular

You can view my gallery for reference ~ http://www.cosplay.com/costume/321683/

London Flim and Comic Con 2011
Rachel Alucard from BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

AyaCon 2011
Riccotta Elmar from Dog Days
Nanoha Takamachi from Magical Record Lyrical Nanoha Force
Madoka Kaname from Puella Magi Madoka Magica
MarineSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2011, 12:29 AM   #4
Cosplay-Gamer
Pandora Hearts FanGirl

@Zarai13 oh thank you

@MarineSnow O: wow you made the hoop skit look good 8D the ones i've seen look bad like it's just a small hoop at the bottom on the skirt =/ can you tell me how you made your hoop skirt? maybe just some tips? owo;
Unread 06-18-2011, 04:20 PM   #5
MarineSnow

If you follow the tutorial links which Zarai13 gave you to make the base hoop skirt and then attach hoops to the skirt. I started with 3 hoops attached to the skirt with one large hoop on the bottom, one meduim hoop in the middle and a small hoop near the top of the skirt. You can pretty much see where I placed the small and medium hoop in this progress shoot on the left ~ http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2706201/
One thing I warn you is that as your Rachel skirt progresses and more layers have been added, then you may need to adjust the hoops as you go along as they may not work with the weight of the skirt. I eventually had to put 6 hoops in total for more support and it worked well with the skirt and lasted for the enitre day at several events.

Something I will recommend is to make the hoop skirt and white underskirt ruffle with thin and light fabric (but not too thin to aviod the skirt being ripped when applying the hoops) The reason is because Rachel's skirt consists of many layers of fabric and the skirt WILL feel very heavy around your waist. I will also suggest making the black over skirt out of a thicker fabric which makes the hoop skirt unvisable.

Hope it helps and good luck with your cosplay.

London Flim and Comic Con 2011
Rachel Alucard from BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

AyaCon 2011
Riccotta Elmar from Dog Days
Nanoha Takamachi from Magical Record Lyrical Nanoha Force
Madoka Kaname from Puella Magi Madoka Magica
MarineSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2012, 01:11 AM   #6
C-Rex

I'm actually going to use a hope skirt but I don't want it to be too heavy using a thicker fabric like Marine snow said but instead I'm going to do the hoopskirt and make a big petticoat with tool to give it a more natural fluffy look then with the layers of her skirt fabric on top.

Clear -DRAMAtical Murder
Christmas town Sora- Kingdom Hearts
Nagisa Sailor outfit -Free! iwatobi swim club
Valerie- Pokemon X and Y
C-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote