Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #1
HelloKittyQueen
Strange and Adorable :3

Light Pink Face/Body Paint

Hello! For an upcoming cosplay I'm going to have to paint myself a light and subtle pink. Like this:

What products should I use/how should I apply it? I've never had to change my skin color before so advice would be greatly appreciated. Also, I've always wondered if it actually gets on and stains your cosplay? Like when people cosplay as Scanty and Kneesocks, does it dry or does it get all over your costume?
Balalaika from Black Lagoon ----> In progress
HelloKittyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #2
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Mehron Paradise AQ in Light Pink might work. It's water based so you'll need a sea sponge/open cell sponge to apply it. Set with translucent powder; add setting spray if you need it to last even longer.
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 11:12 PM   #3
Sweet Loretta

Yes Paradise has a light pink and a dark pink which would work. No need to set Paradise face paint with a powder but Mehron's Sweat Barrier spray will make the makeup more durable. This makeup works really well with Mehron's green sponge.

Wolfe FX also make a nice light pink that is nice. You can use the sweat barrier but Kryolan's areosal fixing spray works better with Wolfe. this makeup works well with the mor eopen cell sponge linke the Wolfe sponge. A sea sponge is too open.

Face and Body Artist
www.sweet-loretta.com

Face and Body Art Makeup & Supplies
The Painted Navel : Extreme Makeup FX
www.extrememakeupfx.com
Mort's Morgue & FX Emporium
http://mortsmorgue.com
Sweet Loretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2012, 08:49 AM   #4
WumpaFruit

Although other's are suggesting Mehron's I, personaly, have had poor results with that as far as it being blotchy, not applying well, ect.
What I use is Krylon aqua colors (on my face)
Then over that I use a ben nye final seal spray and a translucent setting powder.
For my arms, lower neck I use PROSAID.
Mix it with acrylic paint (of the color you need) then you apply it. Set it with spray and powder.
I LOVE it because after dry it WON'T wear onto your costume at all
Unfortunately it's also costly. I think my 8oz container was around 30 dollars?
I think it's certainly worth it though if you're doing a few costumes where you need to paint up as it preserves your costume (and the costumes of the people around you) haha.
And questions just PM me on here, on my deviantart, or even tumblr! (below) ;u;
WumpaFruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #5
Sweet Loretta

Kryolan is wonderful makeup. As face and body paints goes it just is not as durable and many. As for PAX it is really not for everyone and not a good starting place.

You not Mehron are we talking Mehron FX makeup creams or Mehron's Paradise product line?
Here we are suggesting Paradise. Which has been used in many of the top winning body paints at the World Body Painting Festival. Blotchyness is means it was not applied properly. All makeup has a learning curve. And practice with both a sponge and brush application is recommended for any player.

Both Mehron's Paradise and Kryloan are glycerin based makeups, Wolfe is paraffin and Ben Nye is talc. Hence application and durability will vary.

Face and Body Artist
www.sweet-loretta.com

Face and Body Art Makeup & Supplies
The Painted Navel : Extreme Makeup FX
www.extrememakeupfx.com
Mort's Morgue & FX Emporium
http://mortsmorgue.com
Sweet Loretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #6
HelloKittyQueen

Alrightie. Money is not an issue because I can easily save up, but I am looking for the best technique to apply my makeup. I'll be going to several conventions and photoshoots, so the paint that can last the longest is the best. What is the best way to apply face paint/body paint?
Unread 12-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #7
HelloKittyQueen

I will also have to paint a small darker pink heart on my cheek, wondering how i would do that as well
Unread 12-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #8
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Please check out the Homestuck related makeup threads for application info. For the dark pink, you could use lipstick.
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2012, 11:09 PM   #9
itsuxmasa

I've cosplayed as a character with light pink skin, and I was never satisfied with body paint's light pink, because it was either way to bright, bold, or I had to put many many layers on to hide my skin thus leading to a way too bright color. I prefer to apply ben nye white makeup to cover my skin and then get a bright pink drug store blush and apply as much of that as I need over my skin. It doesn't come on as brightly as other body paints and that's what I like; however, the negative side to doing this, is that you have to perfectly blend the blush in so that it doesn't wear off as easily so sealing it is very important. Also I don't recommend to do this if you need to paint yourself on places other than your face, because it will be harder to blend the blush.
itsuxmasa is offline   Reply With Quote