Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-14-2012, 09:26 PM   #106
chibi_flora

xblackravenx: Another Hakuryuu! His outfit is Orient-inspired, so if you look a kimono tutorials, you'll find that you can simplify the patterns into basic rectangle shapes. His hat is like a rounded trapezoidal box thing; I just played around with craft foam until it looked right.

Unread 11-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #107
xblackravenx

I was thinking craft foam for the hat, I've never used it but everyone raves about how good it is.
I have a pattern for a Bleach shinigami top that could work with some modding, but I have no idea what the undertop should look like, I suppose it's just the sleeves that show anyway. I wish they had some character designs out for Magi
xblackravenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #108
chibi_flora

The thing is, craft foam is a relatively inexpensive material, so it's easy to test things out with it and not have to worry too messing it up. I think there are some anime designs for Magi floating around somewhere.
Unread 11-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #109
CherriPetalz
waht is this

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Ohhhhh. Well for the wig, I think you should get a base and then use wefts and wire or something to get the loopy shapes. As for the pin, are you planning on having it detachable from the holder? If not then I think you can just glue the holder and the pin down to keep it in place if you make it out of light enough materials.
Someone also recommended that to me and it seems like a great idea! DO you know if here are any tutorials on wiring? I'm not the greatest with wigs and I really don't want to mess this up...
CherriPetalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 04:27 PM   #110
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherriPetalz View Post
Someone also recommended that to me and it seems like a great idea! DO you know if here are any tutorials on wiring? I'm not the greatest with wigs and I really don't want to mess this up...
Here's one. Just look for ahoge/hair antennae tutorials as that's kind of what you are going for. Only instead of having it hang out, you would curl it back in to make her hair loops.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #111
CherriPetalz
waht is this

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Here's one. Just look for ahoge/hair antennae tutorials as that's kind of what you are going for. Only instead of having it hang out, you would curl it back in to make her hair loops.
Ahh! Thank you very much!
CherriPetalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 03:46 AM   #112
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Yo, I'm going to be cosplaying Sinbad, probably during the summer. Probably his outfit with all the Metal Vassels and jewelry.

Should be fun... I have to raid a costume jewelry store though because I'm not sure how to make some of it. Also...I'm not entirely sure what is going on with the white sash thing? O.o Well it'll be an interesting build.

Events: Kawaii Kon 15
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2012, 08:37 PM   #113
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Got a pic up of all I have so far for Morgiana. ^_^ Really excited to wear it for a con already or a photoshoot, haha.

Quote:

Unread 12-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #114
cactusmomma
Let's play!

Hey folks, just wanted to drop this by here.. if you're on deviantart, we've started up a new cosplay group so you can showcase your work and nerd out with others about the series: magicosplay.deviantart.com Join us~
The thing about glitter is, if you get on you, be prepared to have it on you forever..cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies..like 'Damn, here comes the sun. flare up!' -Dimitri Martin
cactusmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #115
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusmomma View Post
Hey folks, just wanted to drop this by here.. if you're on deviantart, we've started up a new cosplay group so you can showcase your work and nerd out with others about the series: magicosplay.deviantart.com Join us~
Joined. ^_^

The comissioner is done with Mor's bracelets for me and they look amazing. I can't wait to get them in person and have a photoshoot. ^_^

Quote:

Unread 12-07-2012, 06:19 AM   #116
chibialexchan

Does anyone know a good place to get aladdin's wig?
chibialexchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 09:35 PM   #117
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibialexchan View Post
If your willing to buy from China then Lucaille has.

Link: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...d=12896605865&

Edit: Lucaille is one of the best wig sellers from Taobao actually and they ship internationally without going thru a shipping services. So its a pretty good price as well, I've bought several of their wigs without any sort of problems.

Events: Kawaii Kon 15

Last edited by Ineedaname9 : 12-08-2012 at 04:38 AM.
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 01:53 AM   #118
Falclon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibialexchan View Post
Honestly you should just get any short blue wig, add some long wefts and braid them. If you buy from a US seller it will probably be better quality than the taobao wig too.

Also, right now I really want to cosplay Ren Hakuei. Not so much her normal outfit though. It's too bad Paimon doesn't have a top because the rest of her outfit would make a cool cosplay.
Unread 12-08-2012, 02:35 AM   #119
ycysusan2001

I plan to cosplay Pisti for the future convention. Does anyone have pictures of her costume? TT I only can find her color page one...
Unread 12-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #120
Falclon

I'm not sure what you mean by color page one, but just by googling "Pisti Magi" it came up with lots of pictures of her and cosplays of her.