Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 169 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 11-29-2012, 11:12 PM   #12181
kiggi

we could i still have to think about what im giving the pcg girls!
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-30-2012, 09:47 AM   #12182
Aeviking
Fantasy worlds explorer

I've been so busy with some university projects, so I wasn't able to work on my Rapunzel's wig until yesterday. I sewed the home-made extensions and did the braid. The photo is on my gallery.
FuriePhoenix: I love your Ariel wedding dress, it looks beautiful!
Unread 12-01-2012, 02:49 PM   #12183
LKD
Is a princess!!

Not much progress here..just finished patterning everything xP and I guess fabric shopped for everything. Everything being a Tink commission and my pink Ariel gown~ excited oh and my Ariel tail.

Speaking if Ariel's,
furie did you know your on this site? XD
http://officialcosplay.com/2012/04/2...ittle-mermaid/
Unread 12-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #12184
WarriorPrincess
With her nose in a book

Well, I got all the fabric I need to make the next skirt for my Belle ball gown, the "walking" skirt. Basically, an A-line skirt created with gathers. It won't give the bell-shape that a hoop-skirt would, but it also won't be as difficult to walk through the crowds of Dragon*Con.

Speaking of Dragon*Con, I received my registration card last week!

Upcoming Appearances
Denver Comic Con 2014
Colorado Renaissance Festival
DragonCon 2014
WarriorPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #12185
Aeviking
Fantasy worlds explorer

I want to do the other Rapunzel hairstyles (loose hair and Disneyland braid), so I'm going to buy an Arda wigs' Delilah and combine it to a Le Tigre Long. My first idea was only buy a Delilah and wefts, but I think I could do her fringe loop better with the Le Tigre as base. The only problem is the color: platinum or light blond. The platinum looks like white on the outside, and the light blond looks really yellow with some kind of lights. Luckily, I have a lot of time to decide it.
Unread 12-02-2012, 01:25 PM   #12186
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

LKD- Yes I did! The article writer asked my permission to use the photos and stuff, but ended up disappointed in the article as it didn't read professional in any way haha!

Talking of Ariel: I'm gonna be making her green velvet cape she wears with her mermaid tail as I'm being roped into being Ariel on Christmas Eve and because I'm kinda stubborn and in desperate need of photos of my new mermaid tail, I'm doing mermaid Ariel lol! Am I right in thinking the fornt looks like it has an invisible zip fastening at the front? Also, anyone know how the sleeves are attached?
Unread 12-02-2012, 02:45 PM   #12187
LKD
Is a princess!!

Aeviking- In my experience, Ardas wigs are one of the most frustrating when its long and straight. It's hard to untangle and when you do its still not the same. Ive had nightmares because of their long claw clips @-@ you really need to spray it.with the motions oil or itll be beyond saving.

Color wise, the light blonde are the blonde ones in these posts, http://elkaydee.tumblr.com/tagged/arda_wigs the platnium is the color of my alois wig that you can find here or on my fb page..I'd link you but there's no signal here and it took me forever jusy for the first link XD

Furie- Lol that's a tad disappointing!
Those sleeves are probably attached to the bodysiuit she's wearing
Unread 12-02-2012, 03:19 PM   #12188
Suzie Blue
Stuck in the 90s

Furie- To me, it looks like she probably has a short little crop top under the cape to which the sleeves are attached.

Aeviking- Definitely go with the Platinum Blonde! I got a Light Blonde Claudia for my Briar Rose cosplay and, while beautiful, it is far too yellow for a Disney Princess! Platinum Blonde is much more natural-looking, but still has that magical golden glow you want for Rapunzel.
Unread 12-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #12189
WarriorPrincess
With her nose in a book

Outside the Theater!

Hey everyone, just wanted to upload this link (I'm lazy and don't like fighting with the sizing, so links are easier) of me and my dress at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta. This was taken after the show was over, and the rough stone of the exit has done a little damage to the skirt. I'm debating on pulling it apart to replace the damaged panels. But overall I am very happy with the dress. The corset was comfortable all day, and the show was exceptional.

By far the best part was when I went to the Ladies' Lounge and ended up with a line of little girls waiting to take pictures with me! I felt so famous!

Upcoming Appearances
Denver Comic Con 2014
Colorado Renaissance Festival
DragonCon 2014
WarriorPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 10:18 AM   #12190
Aeviking
Fantasy worlds explorer

Thanks for your comments! I already have a long straight wig, so I know how much it can tangle (haven't you heard about a post named "The curse of the long wig"? It had a happy ending.). Well, platinum blonde is the winner.
Unread 12-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #12191
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Thanks for the opinions girls! My mate drew me up her idea, and went with the little under cropped top idea for the sleeves, so I'll go with that way ^_^! Decided to save on money too, I'll do the sleeves with the lycra material I have, then I still only need to buy 1metre of the velvet to make the capelet!
Unread 12-03-2012, 11:22 PM   #12192
Aurora's Heart

Seifer-Thanks. If I can get my house orginized soon and be able to get more done on my other costume, I may just go for it.

I'd be up for a secret santa again this year. My only draw back is I never got my secret santa gift from last year.

On the costuming front I found the perfect boots for my Costume Con costume. Now I just need to wait till I get my next paycheck.
Unread 12-04-2012, 11:10 AM   #12193
Seifer-sama

@ FuriePhoenix: That is a super cute Ariel cosplay! I can't wait to see that one.

@ Aeviking: I have three really long blonde wigs I bought from Epic Cosplay forever ago. If you need wigs for Rapunzel, I would be super happy to sell them to you! Just let me know.

@ Aurora's Heart: Ha ha, that sounds like me. I am always so crazy during this time of you. As for the Secret Santa, I never did get my gift either... I sent mine out and asked if the person got it, but never heard back on that either.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2012, 01:09 PM   #12194
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Seifer- I finished the tail back in September lol I'm just making the capelet for christmas eve. ^_^! I wanna change the fluke of my tail though as I have better fabric... may have to do that before Christmas Eve too XP!
Unread 12-05-2012, 12:33 AM   #12195
LKD
Is a princess!!

I'm soo slacking in my sewing :/ I've been working on cutting the linings for I dunno days now xD I need to get my booty going. I need to finish some christmas presents AND this Tink commission by this week ><

I did finish my Rosetta wig commission today though

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3324558/

It made me want to make one for myself in full length and make the costume Q^Q I've ALWAYS wanted to make that outfit