Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Hetalia: Axis Powers

Unread 12-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #1
Pichuscrat
Certified Nation

Germany Question

Going to a con for the first time ever in... May I believe, but this isn't the first time cosplaying. Anyway, I think I might want to do Germany, but I need some feedback and some suggestions. First of all, which outfit should I wear? His Green outfit, his blue one, or his modern brown one? Secondly, about the hair... I basically already have Germany's hair, minus the fact that my hair is dirty blonde, sometimes outright brown (slicked back yet poofy, short), so should I try to dye it Germany's colour and go natural or is it always better to do a wig?

The eyes are no problem, I have blue eyes. Meh, it also sucks because I'm going with a group of friends, but I don't think they do/want to cosplay, let alone cosplay the Hetalia series, so I don't know whether to even follow through with this. Also, I'm a guy, so... Germany is even more realistic for me to do XD

Last but not least, hello to Cosplay.com in general (first post)!
Pichuscrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #2
Kibalover100
Super Kiba!

I would suggest going as any outfit you want to go in. Which ever you think he would look better in. I personally like the blue or green one, but that's just me.

About the hair, dye it and go natural if you want. I personally haven't seen very many good Germany wigs unless they were commissioned. I know many guys wouldn't dye their hair, but once again, with whatever you feel comfortable with.

About the friends, if you want to cosplay than cosplay. They don't have to if they don't want to. It's 100% your choice.
Kibalover100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 09:22 PM   #3
Pichuscrat
Certified Nation

I might decide the green outfit then, I think he looks more profound and better in that than most of the scenes I've seen him with the blue.

I've dyed my hair before, its interesting, but you've got to know what your hair colour exactly is, or growing the dye out, if you choose to get rid of it that way, is... well thats happened before. That's also why I asked: German wigs are sketchy looking.

I guess, I will probably be feeling really odd at the hotel the only one in a costume and everyone else casual. Thanks for the input though!

Another thing; props for Germany? Is there any important ones? And should I get the Iron Cross (pretty German, although he hardly ever wears it at all in canon)?
Unread 12-04-2012, 05:10 PM   #4
Kibalover100
Super Kiba!

Props aren't really important. Hetalia characters are pretty easily picked out. Although, if you want one there is a list of props for the Hetalia characters located here: Here
Unread 12-04-2012, 08:09 PM   #5
Pichuscrat
Certified Nation

Okay then. I guess I'll just get a German flag then, nothing too fancy. Thanks again. Maybe if I get everything I'll upload a pic for further comments and concerns (or is there a critiquing thread I post a picture in?).
Unread 12-05-2012, 05:27 AM   #6
Kibalover100
Super Kiba!

I guess you can post it here, but the critique area is right here: Click