Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #5266
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Let's see
Resident Evil: Revelations-This game is insane and easily the best RE title to come out since RE4.
Kid Icarus and the terrible control scheme
Skyrim
Shadows of the Damned (dick-jokes. Dick jokes everywhere!).

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-05-2012, 05:31 PM   #5267
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

XCOM: ENEMY UNKNOWN ALL DAY EVERY DAY

Well. All evening, at least. I just want to play it forever but I have to work and have a life and stuff.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: TBD
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 10:44 PM   #5268
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Kid Icarus and the terrible control scheme
More like the 3DS is set up for terrible control schemes. Kid Icarus did the best it could with the way the 3DS is laid out, or so I thought. My biggest problems were actually using abilities in battle (you had to scroll through them on the bottom screen and then tap the one you wanted, and you can only see maybe three at a time? Uh, no. I'm not going to deal with that while fighting dudes) and I also have a hard time making subtle movements with the 3DS circle pad. There were a few times Pit leapt to his death trying to move around an object near a pitfall. Silly Pit!

Anyway, I'm playing Paper Mario: Sticker Star. It doesn't seem to have the same charm as other Paper Mario games to me, but maybe I need to get further into the game.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 07:27 PM   #5269
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Finally popped in Forza Horizon. Not sure how I feel about it yet. It just makes me miss Burnout Paradise.

Unread 12-10-2012, 12:03 AM   #5270
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

I'm playing Kirby's Epic Yarn right now.

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #5271
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
More like the 3DS is set up for terrible control schemes. Kid Icarus did the best it could with the way the 3DS is laid out, or so I thought. My biggest problems were actually using abilities in battle (you had to scroll through them on the bottom screen and then tap the one you wanted, and you can only see maybe three at a time? Uh, no. I'm not going to deal with that while fighting dudes) and I also have a hard time making subtle movements with the 3DS circle pad. There were a few times Pit leapt to his death trying to move around an object near a pitfall. Silly Pit!
Honestly, it would have been better if it was 100% on rails and the analog was used for aiming, the L trigger for shooting, and the touch screen for abilities. Or at least make it mandatory/bundled with the 2nd analog.

It's a shame, because other than the whack ass control layout, the game is great. I love the visuals, and the plot is actually really solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
Finally popped in Forza Horizon. Not sure how I feel about it yet. It just makes me miss Burnout Paradise.
Get the new Need for Speed then. It's made by the Burnout peeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-and-Chips-Yum View Post
I'm playing Kirby's Epic Yarn right now.
That game was SUPER cute, but easy as hell.

I've been attempting to beat Borderlands 2, but I'm going to need to grind or get some friends to do that. I got my ass murdered A LOT last night.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 12-10-2012, 12:26 PM   #5272
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

AC3:Liberation. My opinion so far is that it's not the greatest game EVAH but it's enjoyable and fun. I've never played any of the AC games, so the mechanic seems fresh and different for me. I'm liking the Vita even though it feels huge and heavy in my tiny girly hands.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #5273
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Get the new Need for Speed then. It's made by the Burnout peeps.
Well, I got Forza Horizon for free. I'm not complaining that much. Now that I've spent a few more hours with it, I'm digging it. I went back to XCOM though!

Unread 12-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #5274
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

I miss Burnout 3.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2012, 11:16 PM   #5275
Drysi
Illiterate and Illusory

Finally decided to give Alice: Madness Returns a try.
I never got around to playing the original, which is... Bad form, yeah. I'd always been intrigued by the franchise but for some reason or another never got around to actually picking it up.
About half way through, and so far I'm really enjoying it. I'm not sure if the storytelling is just confused (given the premise I guess that's really appropriate buuut.. The introduction of plot elements and occasional dips from reality back to Wonderland are jarring and difficult to understand in terms of why and how, though maybe I'm not reading into it deep enough) or it's the fact that I don't have previous game experience to lay a foundation for what's unfolding, but the gameplay and maps make up for it. Speaking of which, the maps are gorgeousdeargodsopretty.
It's not earth-shaking as an overall package, but it's a ton of fun and I like it a lot.

Last edited by Drysi : 12-15-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Drysi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 03:36 PM   #5276
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

I started Rochard last night...I think it's the only country song that I actually like.

Of course it's about space truckers....so yeah. Also Jon St.Jon's in that game. He's a good voice actor outside of Duke, he should do more stuff.

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 09:13 AM   #5277
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

- Been playing Assassin's Creed III multiplayer for the last month and finally reached lvl 50. Yesterday, I happily taught a newbie how to play the Wolfpack mode properly with stealth and patience, instead of running and gunning like most noobs. Hoping the lessons stick.

- Planning to restart Persona 4 Golden after following an incomplete and error filled Max Social Link Guide for the first couple of months of the game and completely not liking the results.

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before

Last edited by seiryuux : 12-17-2012 at 09:44 AM.
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 09:40 AM   #5278
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

-Beat Borderlands 2. Fun enough game, but the ending was a bit...lacking.
-Swapped out my 80 gig HDD for a 280 gig on my PS Triple. Immediately logged into my friend's PS plus account and swagger-jacked Infamous 2, KoF 13, LBP 2 and SSFIV Arcade edition.
-Went back to playing Shadows of Damned, zero regrets. This game is RE6 done right in terms of controls.

Unread 12-17-2012, 06:37 PM   #5279
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Quote:
-Went back to playing Shadows of Damned, zero regrets. This game is RE6 done right in terms of controls.
The only things wrong with that game are the stuff directly influenced by SUDA51, which makes a lot of sense.

Finished Bioshock 2. That game has a lot of problems, and I mean a LOT of problems, but there's some really interesting thematic stuff here and there. Gonna load up Minerva's Den before bowling tonight.

I beat Quantum Conundrum last night as well, really makes me wonder how different Portal would have been had Jane Swift gotten her way. Similar puzzles, similar mechanics, but the majority of the game is solely based on first person platforming that a lot of people can find disorienting.

And I won a code for Wings of Icarus online from the HAWP guys. It's fun, very fun in fact, but it feels tough to do well in a game full of randoms. It's like you have to have a dedicated team to get the most out of it, which will clip it at the knees.

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #5280
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Still going back and forth with Forza Horizon and XCOM: Enemy Unknown (Forza is a good stress reliever after a frustrating XCOM mission). But I got a couple of games for my birthday, like The Walking Dead, that I think I have to try soon.