Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-04-2012, 07:53 PM   #1936
Celine
Remember me?

Liliana: Wow, that looks nuts. You are crazy in a good way, and it looks great so far. Can't wait to see that finished and whatever other secret stuff you've been stashing away.

H: Listen to Liliana and do FF5. It's got an almost unlimited amount of costume options. I really want to do another since freelancer/mime is kinda standard. I will probably do dancer one of these days, and maybe blue mage. I hate blue mage as a class but the outfit looks pretty pimp.

kaligoddess: I always thought Rosa was wearing a white bathing suit, or maybe a pink bathing suit. For some reason her sprite always looked like a bathing suit to me. Totally open to creative liberties on the older FFs. :P Back when I was entertaining the idea of doing Rosa, I was going to do her with pink hair since I liked her in pink. Then they did FF4 After Party and turned Porom into a pink haired Rosa and stole my idea.

I want to go to Fanime but last I checked there were like no hotels to be found. Or are they not on sale yet?

Anyway I put my whole costume on so I could figure out where all the belt jewelry needs to go (must affix it now, sadly I covered like 90% of it with the braid in this photo) and just to test how it is fitting. Obviously, still sans shoulder armor but here is mostly finished Palom.
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #1937
~H~
Original H

@Celine: That looks awesome *_*. I'm especially impressed with those pants. It's not easy to get striped fabric to come together on seams in a pretty way. Looking forward to more pics! Thanks for the suggestion also! FF5 is indeed a treasure trove of costumes @_@.

@tifaia: Your Celes costume is looking fabulous!!!! I can't wait to see what it looks like on ^_^.

@MetalArtisan: Congrats on finishing it! Please say you'll have pics soon!

@Liliana: Your skills are amazing @_@. I can't believe that you sewed that Celes cape all by hand! You have such dedication and talent. Also, you have inspired me to make a white wizard costume. I had toyed with the idea before, but managed to convince myself that no one would get/appreciate something so "old school". Now I'm all excited about it again! Thank you! ....also, I truly appreciate your kind words in regards to my gallery, so thanks so much for that too ^_-.

In addition to the white wizard and Lenna's white mage costumes, I've also begun working on a Maenad. I don't think anyone will remember the Maenads enough to recognize what I'm going for, but I love their design with the renaissance-style dresses that have those sheer flowing sleeves *_*. It will be nice just to have the dress.
~H~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 10:48 AM   #1938
Seifer-sama

@ Liliana: Hooray! I am glad you finally posted your Celes progress and that you have your supplies so you can continue! That's exciting. I am glad to hear there is an Opera house you might be able to photograph in! I think that would be really cool if you could. I am looking forward to seeing your costume finished. I know it's going to be amazing.

@ Tifaia: Sounds like a good plan! I can't wait to see it. How are your other cosplay plans coming along? Will you be able to finish everything in time or are you feeling the pressure like me?? O_O Even though Fanime is months away, I know it will be here before we even know it. :P

@ Celine: Awesome Palom!! You look so cute!!! I also really like your staff. What is the blue ball made from? Do you think you will be able to attend Fanime this year perhaps?

@ ~H~: I think sometimes it's not about who will recognize you, but just doing characters/costumes that you like. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Slight Update: I have been doing some research for Minwu and found some really cool stuff. As usual, I plan on embellishing the crap out of that costume, but I think it will be worth it. I am a little unsure as to how to make that staff of his... but it's a ways away from when I need that costume finished, so I have time to figure it out.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 11:26 AM   #1939
MetalArtisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifer-sama View Post
@ Liliana: Hooray! I am glad you finally posted your Celes progress and that you have your supplies so you can continue! That's exciting. I am glad to hear there is an Opera house you might be able to photograph in! I think that would be really cool if you could. I am looking forward to seeing your costume finished. I know it's going to be amazing.

@ Tifaia: Sounds like a good plan! I can't wait to see it. How are your other cosplay plans coming along? Will you be able to finish everything in time or are you feeling the pressure like me?? O_O Even though Fanime is months away, I know it will be here before we even know it. :P

@ Celine: Awesome Palom!! You look so cute!!! I also really like your staff. What is the blue ball made from? Do you think you will be able to attend Fanime this year perhaps?

@ ~H~: I think sometimes it's not about who will recognize you, but just doing characters/costumes that you like. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Slight Update: I have been doing some research for Minwu and found some really cool stuff. As usual, I plan on embellishing the crap out of that costume, but I think it will be worth it. I am a little unsure as to how to make that staff of his... but it's a ways away from when I need that costume finished, so I have time to figure it out.
Oh man, you're doing Minwu? That is so awesome. The world's first and last white male white mage needs more rep.
MetalArtisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 08:58 PM   #1940
MDA
Destiny Productions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celine View Post
MDA: I LOVE your interpretation of CoD. I realize that she's sort of not wearing much of anything (and I'm such a prude) so yours is awesome. Totally captures the look without showing too much. Where are the pictures with the tentacles?
Thank you I was iffy about skin showing till I cosplayed Kuja (nightmare of a costume). I'm glad you like my interpretation. I wanted to be comfortable in it
The tentacles sadly aren't in it due to I couldn't find them when I wanted to do these photos, and I found them and need to fix them - but other projects need to be done first so they're on hold for fixing. I'll take better photos when it's warm again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifer-sama View Post
@ MDA: Great job with CoD!! You must be so happy to have her finished!! I am super excited to see your Rydia cosplay too!!! Did you just start that one?
Oh believe me I am! CoD was stalking my dreams going "finish me~"
I have most everything for Rydia. I'm going to redo the corset entirely though I don't like it anymore. All I need is the wig, some faux flowers, feathers, gems, and more beads. Other than that I have everything for her at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliana View Post
@MDA: as said before, CoD looks lovely!~ I can't wait to see the little snakey guys on.
You will see them in Spring XD Via photos of course. Lest I take her to AN for Friday night, but that is unlikely xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifaia View Post
@MDA: Sweet. No CoD is complete with tentacles. XD
Indeed. Just need to fix the damn things xD

I'll start back to work on Rydia in the new year. My parents have buried my large fabric box (which has about 40 meters of fabric in it - all different) with Christmas presents so its inaccessible to me until after New Year's as I'm off to Montreal to see my boyfriend on the 27th, and I come home January 2nd. So much work to do at the start of the year....
At least Rydia's sewing is easy.

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 11:05 AM   #1941
Seifer-sama

@ MetalArtisan: Thanks!!!! He was my absolute favorite character in FF2 and yes he does need more representation!! I keep hoping to see him in Dissidia or popping up in the other FF stuff they have now, but sadly, he's not. Anyway, I hope to do him justice! It will be a fun costume to make for sure!

@ MDA: Ha ha, sometimes my left hanging projects annoy me until I finish them too. So I can understand. I am just happy you were able to finish her! As for Rydia, that's not too bad. It sounds like you are well on your way to completing her! I look forward to it!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 12-07-2012, 12:39 AM   #1942
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

It's good to see lots of FF4 love around here. It's some motivation for my Cecil for sure.

So Seifer-sama and I are going to eventually do an FF6 project soon. We are thinking of making the cockpit of the Magitek armor in the game for some shoots. We can't make the whole armor without a Hollywood budget, but we think maybe we could make the seat, panel, and shell of that area. It will probably be a little while yet.

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 09:16 AM   #1943
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@Celine: Dah! That is so awesome. And I'm loving the pants. Well done!

@~H~: Thank you. ^^ And you're making Maenad? Now that is really cool. That's right up there with Barbaricca on the coolness scale.

@Seifer-sama: Slow and steady on the other costumes. The plan of one a month is slightly working. Life and random sickies just needs to stop interfering. XD All wigs and shoes are in. Just waiting on swatches for one more costume and I'll have everything.

And so glad you're doing Minwu. I think you'll have a blast with him. And yeah...your approach is basically what I'm doing with Leila. Embellish the crap out of it. The more stuff the better! Thanks Amano. >.>

@FinalEVA: Everyone loves 4. Not everyone admits it. But I LOVE that cockpit idea for the Magitek. That is going to be so bad ass! (My dream is to make my Eva costume, go to Japan, and take photos here when the exhibit is back up: http://en.gigazine.net/news/20100726...nd_entry_plug/ ) Keep lots of progress pics going for that.
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #1944
kaligoddess
Frost Fanatic

@Celine, Yes, I'm doing TAY Rosa. Although I think I may end up calling it The After Party now. LOL. That Palom is going to be ridiculously adorable.

And, now that I've finally gone back and beat the game, I'm definitely thinking Harley and Edward need to be done for next year. After I have the baby, since preggo Edward does not work as well as preggo Rosa.
Unread 12-10-2012, 02:27 PM   #1945
Seifer-sama

@ FinalEva: So excited!!!!

@ Tifaia: It sounds like you are moving along at a good pace at least! I think I will be in the slow and steady mood as soon as the holidays are over. Right now it seems like everything else keeps getting in the way. What swatches are you waiting for? Oh and side note, but I just ordered from Fabric.com again, it seems like they are somewhat getting back to normal.

Ha ha ha! Well even in the Amano drawing Minwu is pretty plain. I still want it to look like I belong with your guys' group though! I am actually very excited to get started. I have to finish some other projects first, but at least I can collect supplies for now. I am excited to see your Leila though!!

@ kaligoddess: Hooray! More FF4 cosplays!!

Cosplay Update: Styled a new Edgar wig this weekend, woo! And I also managed to make a slave crown for my Terra cosplay, double woo! I promise to have pictures soon.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 12-10-2012, 09:49 PM   #1946
MetalArtisan

So, I debuted Heavy Metal Fighter at Anime Crossroads this past weekend; sadly, all the photos taken on my camera came out kinda of derpy. Hopefully I'll have some better ones soon.

Unread 12-10-2012, 11:51 PM   #1947
MetalArtisan

Ok, here we go! Much higher quality photo just got added!

I still have a few revisions I want to do on the costume, with the construction of vambraces being the top one (by the way, forearm-pieces are the of -the- hardest things to make out of maille of any kind). I might also tweek the shirt a bit - make it a bit tighter, mayhaps a bit longer.
I'm up in the air regarding getting a spiky red wig - on the one hand, I feel like it would definitely make the costume more recognizable as "Fighter." On the other, I really like the idea of cosplaying as a *class* rather than a character, and I feel like a key part of separating those ideas is by maintaining one's own natural hair.
Unread 12-11-2012, 05:26 PM   #1948
Seifer-sama

@ MetalArtisan: Wow that looks awesome!!!! I love the shade of red you chose!! I wish you lots of luck on the rest of your tweaks and make sure you post pictures when you finish! As for the wig, I guess it's all a matter of personal opinion. If you aren't going for a character and are aiming for a class, keeping your own hair works. I think anyway.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 12-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #1949
~H~
Original H

@MetalArtisan: Very impressive!!! I love the vibrant red and black of the metals, and everything about it looks tight and professional. I think you have great natural hair, though I do agree that a spiky wig would make the costume more recognizable. Either way it's awesome ^_^.

@Seifer & tifaia: Thanks! The Maenad is pretty much ready to go! I just need to make some accessories *_*. Thank goodness for Holiday sales!
~H~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 11:08 AM   #1950
Seifer-sama

@ ~H~: Holiday sales are the best! I wish you luck on your accessories! Is that all that you have left to work on for that costume?

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV