Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 11-27-2012, 10:52 PM   #31
Seismogenic

And here I am, trying to figure out what to do for day 3 of Anime L.A., because how often do I get a chance to run around in costume? Not very often!

My main thought about it so far is that day 3 will be a simpler thing, probably an original character. If nothing else, driving home from the con in a complex costume (since I'll have checked out of the room before the end of the day and therefore won't have somewhere to change or clean up) would be really annoying, I'd think.
Seismogenic is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-28-2012, 12:48 AM   #32
12WolfZ
thersAferinthehenhows

A

I kinda feel under-dressed when I'm out of cosplay at a convention.
12WolfZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 09:21 AM   #33
Psychic
in both name and nature

I don't always cosplay on Fridays since that's the slow day, and it's nice to relax, get a feel for the con, and check out the Dealers' Room/Artists' Alley without having to worry about my costume or stopping for photos.

Though now that people are pointing out how it feels like a "wasted day," it makes me think twice - it's true, you don't get to cosplay every day after all! Hmmmmm...
Unread 11-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #34
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

When I'm at a con I always strive to cosplay on all days because, well, not cosplaying feels a bit like a waste because you don't get to go to cons so much. Also while not in cosplay it feels for me like I miss out on a lot of things, the con experience is just way better overall while in costume. I also have to travel at the very least 100 km to get to any con (except one small one which is 25 km away..) and more often than not to the southern end of Sweden/Finland while I live in the north. So of course shelling out all that money just to travel to a con means that I sure as hell will enjoy it to the fullest while I'm there.. aka cosplay all days.

However.
Sometimes I can't attend the con on the last day for various reasons (like for example that I need to get back home the same day, which often takes 5+ hours of traveling) and in those cases I sometimes choose not to go to the con at all because Sundays are often chill and not so much is happening anyway, at least on a 3-day con; on 2-day cons I try to be there Sunday too. But whenever possible I will attend on Sunday and if I attend I will cosplay.. it might be an easier/more comfortable cosplay but still a cosplay.

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version
Eren Yeager (casual outfit) - Attack on Titan

*~Next con I'm attending~*
??? ??? (?? 2015)
SAT ???
SUN ???
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #35
hikaru2322

I've only ever skipped cosplay once at a con. It was on Sunday for this year's Otakon. I was originally only going on Friday and Saturday, but was allowed one extra hour on Sunday. All I did was wear my new Necomimi ears and Umbrella Corp pin.
It was a surreal experience :/
hikaru2322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2012, 10:01 PM   #36
ardhri
Falcon in the Dive

Like a lot of others, I bring a more comfortable, simple costume for my "down" day - this past year, I brought a purple tank top and black skirt, wore a cutie mark pin and my Twilight Sparkle wig. Voila, MLP cosplay without having all four layers of my proper Twilight Sparkle costume on! I also had my kimono with me so I wouldn't have to deal with a wig on Sunday.

There's nothing wrong with having a non-cosplay day, though... in the end, it all comes down to how you feel on any particular day.
Suiguintou (Rozen Maiden)
Twilight Sparkle (Princess - My Little Pony)

Rest to be decided.
ardhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #37
TheFontBandit
Trial-&-Error Champion

Depending on the length of the con, I may take a day off. But for the past couple of years, I've gotten into the habit of packing my Kaylee (Firefly) costume... it's a t-shirt, boots, and coveralls, so it makes a great "non-costume costume". I don't usually need to wear a wig with it, since I have shoulder-length hair and I'll dye it brown just before the con. It doesn't require heavy makeup (if I even feel like applying any - Kaylee does okay without). It's super-comfortable, and doesn't take up a whole lot of room in the suitcase. Plus, then I don't have that feeling of wasting some of that precious "costume time" on street clothes.

But yes... at SOME point in the con, I just have to take a break from painful shoes, wigs, makeup, annoying undergarments, and/or corsets. I'm getting older and it tires me out a lot more than it used to, to wear all of that for a few days straight.

Last edited by TheFontBandit : 12-05-2012 at 01:25 PM.
TheFontBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #38
belligerent
Viking Metal

If I don't feel like putting on a "canon" cosplay, I have some more casual versions of other characters I do, on Sunday. Most notable is probably metal Sweden, though I don't really have any pics of it, heh. Any excuse to wear chaps, I guess.

I also sometimes won't cosplay if I'm doing AA at that con and don't have time or don't feel up to it.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite, Sha Gojyo
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is online now   Reply With Quote