Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Unread 11-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #1
shipszer
Om nom

Question Is it apporiate to do these cosplays

okay hey everyone... I'm a litttttleee bit self conscious on my weight.. I was wondering if it would be bad if I cosplayed someone like Liz Patty from Soul Eater, I also feel like I'm too short.. :/ I've always been iffy on the border line of too slutty on costumes I felt a little revealing in my sheryl nome outfit and really all that was wrong was my booty shorts. ( Costume )

I've always wanted to do people like Janna , but I know I can't pull it off due to my aa sized boobs.. :I I'll live without her though, I'm probably going to settle for queen ashe skin with my bf as tryndamere.

I always have seen myself as a little bit pudgey... but I would like some other people's opinions. I don't care how cruel and mean you are, honestly I would like honest opinions I would neverrr everrrrr everrrr go out dressed like this fyi but it does show my body type ( Derp ) The only reason I feel okaaaay (not great) about posting this pic, is because I've seen people going OUT IN PUBLIC in much sluttier outfits...

I feel a little too pudgey for Liz, but I do work out a lot, I have swim practice everyday for 2 hours and 2 hours of dance extra on mondays, and I do a lot of ab work outs, (and arms and legs, not legs too much but arms and abs) should I work more before trying to pull off liz's costume..?

Sorry for being so wordy. And I wasn't sure if this should go in fitness or here so yeah...

(Edit) Panty's angel form is also something I've wanted to do...

Also I realized the derp file doesn't work anymore but I don't have the file anymore to replace it

Last edited by shipszer : 12-05-2012 at 10:22 PM.
shipszer is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #2
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

Seriously, you should go for it!
And your figure looks great, I don't even understand where your self doubt is coming from. (Even though it doesn't even have to, to do whatever you want. But it does anyway. So yeah. Thumbs up!)
Next up:
| Ratio - 95%| Kyouko Sakura - 85%|
| Satsuki Kiryuin: Junketsu - 70% & Senketsu - 60%|
| Nagito Komaeda - 55%| Peko Pekoyama - 50%|
~ ♥ ~
| Tumblr | deviantART | Cosplay plans | WorldCosplay | Cure |
LluviaSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 05:37 PM   #3
g00dapple

I'm with the person above me. Your body is great! I know it can be hard to see yourself from someone else's point of view, but I think you could pull off all of those cosplays. Just make sure you'll actually feel comfortable when you get to the con. Nothing is worse than working hard on a cosplay just to feel bad in it. You are not chubby

Oh and P.S. there are ways to work around the lack of boobage

2014 convention list we will be photographing coming soon!
g00dapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 05:38 PM   #4
Midnight Dawn

Physical appearance should never matter. If you like the character then you should go for it.
Midnight Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 10:35 PM   #5
shipszer
Om nom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LluviaSarcasm View Post
Seriously, you should go for it!
And your figure looks great, I don't even understand where your self doubt is coming from. (Even though it doesn't even have to, to do whatever you want. But it does anyway. So yeah. Thumbs up!)
Thank you very much I do appreciate the feedback ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00dapple View Post
I'm with the person above me. Your body is great! I know it can be hard to see yourself from someone else's point of view, but I think you could pull off all of those cosplays. Just make sure you'll actually feel comfortable when you get to the con. Nothing is worse than working hard on a cosplay just to feel bad in it. You are not chubby

Oh and P.S. there are ways to work around the lack of boobage
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I won't be doing these at a con anytime soon, due to the cold weather haha I wouldn't be comfortable freezing my butt off lol.
And hmm do you know of anything to help? I know there is stuffing but I've only tried it once and it was a closed top I didn't really like the results xD Is there some magic trick I'm missing lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Dawn View Post
Physical appearance should never matter. If you like the character then you should go for it.
I guess that is true, I just feel as though there should be resemblance between the cosplayer and person. I like to be more accurate, I'm a very finicky person haha. That is a good thing to go bye though
Unread 11-28-2012, 09:48 AM   #6
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

Tips for addig boobage you ask?
My secret would be layering bras.
One time for a cosplay, I wore 4 of mine and one from my friend (which fit over them completely effortlessly, even though it was from when she was like...13 or something >_>) and it really made a difference while still looking natural.
Next up:
| Ratio - 95%| Kyouko Sakura - 85%|
| Satsuki Kiryuin: Junketsu - 70% & Senketsu - 60%|
| Nagito Komaeda - 55%| Peko Pekoyama - 50%|
~ ♥ ~
| Tumblr | deviantART | Cosplay plans | WorldCosplay | Cure |
LluviaSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #7
HelloKittyQueen
Strange and Adorable :3

You have a great body. Trust me, at an anime convention remember that THERE WILL ALWAYS BE SOMEONE WORSE. Seriously, I've seen girls eight times your size going as Yoko from Gurren Lagann or Black Rock Shooter. You have a very good body, trust me, and you have wonderful legs. If you're short, they make up for it. In your photo you look nice and statuesque.

As for breast size, if it bothers you, all you would need is a padded bra.

You could easily pull off that cosplay, but just remember that you need to be comfortable If the cosplay is going to make you feel self conscious or weird, then maybe you should try something else. But take our word for it, you're completely fine! You have a great body!
Balalaika from Black Lagoon ----> In progress
HelloKittyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #8
shipszer
Om nom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LluviaSarcasm View Post
Tips for addig boobage you ask?
My secret would be layering bras.
One time for a cosplay, I wore 4 of mine and one from my friend (which fit over them completely effortlessly, even though it was from when she was like...13 or something >_>) and it really made a difference while still looking natural.
I actually did some research after I heard there were ways and I found some great ways, and that was one of them amazing results

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloKittyQueen View Post
You have a great body. Trust me, at an anime convention remember that THERE WILL ALWAYS BE SOMEONE WORSE. Seriously, I've seen girls eight times your size going as Yoko from Gurren Lagann or Black Rock Shooter. You have a very good body, trust me, and you have wonderful legs. If you're short, they make up for it. In your photo you look nice and statuesque.

As for breast size, if it bothers you, all you would need is a padded bra.

You could easily pull off that cosplay, but just remember that you need to be comfortable If the cosplay is going to make you feel self conscious or weird, then maybe you should try something else. But take our word for it, you're completely fine! You have a great body!
Okay thank you so much I know I've seen some girls that have worn costumes like yoko. thank you again
Unread 11-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #9
pkmntrainerGina

you are not pudgy, ! and i think you would make a very good anarchy panty too

your sheryl nome cosplay looks nice btw, and the shorts aren't even bad i've seen girls at my school try to get away with shorter (in. school. w0w)

Last edited by pkmntrainerGina : 11-30-2012 at 03:51 PM.
pkmntrainerGina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2012, 09:30 PM   #10
Meownyan

I think you're fine as long as you don't do as some girls and sew your costumes two sizes to small.

~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
Current Projects:
Nyanko-sensei Zip-up Hoodie :3 --------- 0% complete

Arthuria "Saber" Pendragon Sword ------ 80% complete

~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
Meownyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 02:19 AM   #11
Lurrdoc
[SHSL ???]

I think your figure is great as it is.
You can definitely give Patty a better name by cosplaying as her. Go for the gold.

| deviantArt | tumblr | MyAnimeList |

| Rock Lee - 90% | Relius Clover - 85% | Gunha Sogiita - 65% |
Lurrdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #12
Ninbri
omnomnom~♥

Do it!
I love your Sheryl Nome cosplay..
Also, Panty has been one of my wants as well, but shes the epitome of slutty, so.. if you don't want to feel slutty.. cosplay Stocking. xD

Next Con: Mechacon
Saturday:
Stewardess Stocking
Sunday:

Facebook: link
DeviantArt: HERE
Ninbri is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #13
shipszer
Om nom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmntrainerGina View Post
you are not pudgy, ! and i think you would make a very good anarchy panty too

your sheryl nome cosplay looks nice btw, and the shorts aren't even bad i've seen girls at my school try to get away with shorter (in. school. w0w)
\
Thanks~ I appreciate it and thanks~ oh my gosh I know what you mean though by girls in school -_- xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninbri View Post
Do it!
I love your Sheryl Nome cosplay..
Also, Panty has been one of my wants as well, but shes the epitome of slutty, so.. if you don't want to feel slutty.. cosplay Stocking. xD
Haha I've cosplayed panty once in her red dress xD I don't mind feeling like slutty but I just sometimes mind when my tummy is exposed like in bikinis xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurrdoc View Post
I think your figure is great as it is.
You can definitely give Patty a better name by cosplaying as her. Go for the gold.
Aw thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meownyan View Post
I think you're fine as long as you don't do as some girls and sew your costumes two sizes to small.
Oh gosh I know... I would never dream of doing that lol
Unread 12-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #14
natsuo
Wonderflexing

I am so jealous of your legs. TOTALLY jealous. I have a freaking 26" waist but then I look down and then I see my thunder thighs.

You should do it. I think you have a great figure!

Like me on facebook!
www.facebook.com/natsuocosplay

Check me out on worldcosplay!
http://worldcosplay.net/member/51186/

Matsuricon 2013 costume plans:
Rika - Digimon Tamers
Blackrose - .hack
Popola - Nier

Ohayocon 2014 costume plans:
Mary - .hack//Quantum
Sasha - Attack on Titan
Kaine - Nier
natsuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 10:50 PM   #15
Catscatscats
Skill-Lacker

Forgive me but giiiiirl you must be crazyyyy.

You have a wonderful body as well as a BEAUTIFUL face (and that mixed wig looks awesome on you. If it's your real hair SORRY just correct me lol my eyes for texture aren't the most trained XD). You actually remind me of a Marilyn Monroe type.

Go for it! Seriously, you're stunning.