Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Sakura Con

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-03-2012, 09:37 AM   #16
Loveable-Eve
Otome Trash

I'll be going this year, the last time I went was 2010.
I'll be bringing Chocobo (Final Fantasy), Princess Luna (My Little Pony), and if my Jack Frost can come I am bringing Tooth (Rise of the Guardians). If she doesn't I'm bringing Red because Tooth is going to be Crazy and I only want to be her if I have my Jack.

Unread 12-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #17
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

I'm super pumped for this year! Last time I went to s-con was in '09! xD

I'll be bringing Katara, Super Sailor Moon, Anti-Spiral Nia and a Super Secret (will probably not be a secret for long because I can't keep secret) cosplay for the cosplay contest!! DDD
Unread 12-05-2012, 11:08 PM   #18
Smile-Chan
Meooow~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichigo_m. View Post
I'm super pumped for this year! Last time I went to s-con was in '09! xD

I'll be bringing Katara, Super Sailor Moon, Anti-Spiral Nia and a Super Secret (will probably not be a secret for long because I can't keep secret) cosplay for the cosplay contest!! DDD
Can't wait to see your Super Sailor Moon!
Smile-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 09:08 PM   #19
nevershutsupkat
the morbid optimist

This will be my first con since May 2007 so I am really really excited! I am still trying to figure out what I want to make (I think all my old cosplays are back in Texas at my mom's house) so the list below (in my signature) is just an idea list right now.

But I did just buy my wig for my Duo Maxwell from Gundam Wing cosplay this afternoon! I'm so excited to recreate this costume.

Other than Duo, I am thinking about recreating my Edward Elric cosplay. My husband agreed to go as Al and I am thinking about dressing my 1 year old son as human kid Al... who knows! And I have a friend from Texas looking into coming up and he would bring his Hughes cosplay. =)

| edward elric [fullmetal alchemist] 0% | duo maxwell [gundam wing] 50% |
| barbara gordon: batgirl [new 52] 0% | chandra nalaar [magic the gathering] 10% |

| princess ariel's pink gown [the little mermaid] (planning) |
| sir alanna of pirate's swoop and olau [the song of the lioness series] (planning) |

"you should let yourself go over the edge every once in a while & enjoy your life"
-duo maxwell-
nevershutsupkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2012, 02:04 AM   #20
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Plans changed lol
I know everything I'm doing now.
-Akaito (Vocaloid, Black/Red Coat, with music playing on mp3/speaker, playing guitar with mini amp)
-Kirito (Sword Art Online, ALO Avater)
-Minato (Persona 3, Only for photo shoot)
-Either KH1 Cloud or Xmas Sora (KH1/KH2:FM+, only for photo shoot)
-Cloud (FFVII:AC)

Obvously, I don't know what days for everything, but I know for sure Akaito on Thursday since it's the one I'll have where I won't be melting hot lol
-Either Hikari (Pokemon Platinum) or Roxanne (Pokemon Omega Ruby)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2012, 05:59 AM   #21
Venciel Links

I'm not ready! I'm really nervous! My costume plans have changed about 384653468903 times and sadly I have very little support! x_X The only thing that scares me more then having a crappy cosplay, is not having enough money! ;^;
Venciel Links is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #22
nikkiolie

One of my costumes is done now. I just need to finish up the other one, I'm about half way at this point. Once that is done I will do a few touch ups to an old costume of mine that a friend is going to use and we should be good :3 I got lots of time to do all of this.

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14
nikkiolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2012, 01:56 PM   #23
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

after this con im going to go get a new job and start working on getting my life together. so hopefully ill be able to go with my gf to this con.
Unread 12-19-2012, 10:55 PM   #24
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

99 days, 4 hours, 7 minutes, 0 seconds until the Party Starts!

The number of things I've done for either of my two cosplays: 0

Well, tomorrow my friend and I are going to the fabric store(s). Because we have like, 13 50% off coupons (each) to use! Also, I may want to look at some sergers and maybe make a decision/get some ideas about what I want/need in a serger.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #25
nikkiolie

So I worked on my gloves for my Morrigan cosplay and I got all the feathers attached. I also attached new feathers to my old Lilith costume for a friend. I started adding the bats to my tights and I am about half way done. All that is left is to finish the bats, work on my body suit, make and make my big wings. For Lilith I need to take the body suit in so it fits a friend and touch it up a little and make both sets of wings but I am waiting for some money so I can get the supplies I need.

I'm excited to get these costumes done. Other than actual work on the costume I need to do some work with my body. I tried my tights on last night and they make my butt look so good. I hope that by the time Sak comes I will have very nice muscular thighs and butt (my thighs have always been really strong, just trying to get rid of the little bit of fat thats there)

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14
nikkiolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2012, 02:02 PM   #26
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

So I am thinking about pushing back my Toshiya costume another year because I am stuck on the wig. Wig styling and I do not go together well at all. So I will probably be getting it commissioned. And commissions tend to not be quick. And it's probably not really a simple wig to style. Because I am well aware that people have lives and other things to work on and their lives don't revolve around my project.

So... If I push Toshiya back another year, again, I now have a huge gap in my cosplay plans.

What to do, what to do...
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Unread 12-20-2012, 02:26 PM   #27
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Xanarcah, What's the wig need to look like? I don't know wgo that is, so googling it ain't gonna do much..Though I DID google anyway, and it looks like a bass player..If that is the person, then If you show me what hair style it is, I can more then likely do it..I don't know if he has other colors in the style you want though..You can PM me about it if you want..
Oh, I can also bring it to the con so you don't have to pay shipping....Or since you aren't too far from me we can meet in seattle one day and I can bring it to you..Since I kinda know the area where you told me you lived..
Unread 01-02-2013, 12:22 AM   #28
trmbngrl
Britt

I'm so scared for this year gah. >.<
I'm debuting TWO outfits and like... I don't know if I will have time to finish them once the money for supplies comes in. I have to though!!
trmbngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #29
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
Xanarcah, What's the wig need to look like? I don't know wgo that is, so googling it ain't gonna do much..Though I DID google anyway, and it looks like a bass player..If that is the person, then If you show me what hair style it is, I can more then likely do it..I don't know if he has other colors in the style you want though..You can PM me about it if you want..
Oh, I can also bring it to the con so you don't have to pay shipping....Or since you aren't too far from me we can meet in seattle one day and I can bring it to you..Since I kinda know the area where you told me you lived..
Aww, thanks for the offer, but I'm really looking for someone who has more experience in VK wig work, especially since there are no existing backshots of it. o: This isn't really a standard spiked anime/video game wig, which is more what your specialty seems to be.

I actually have two people I've more or less got my heart set on working on my wig~
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Unread 01-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #30
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post
Aww, thanks for the offer, but I'm really looking for someone who has more experience in VK wig work, especially since there are no existing backshots of it. o: This isn't really a standard spiked anime/video game wig, which is more what your specialty seems to be.

I actually have two people I've more or less got my heart set on working on my wig~
WEll even though, I can still do other styles..Spikes are just the one that get done more on commission as they are harder..I CAN do other styles though..But if you already have a few lined up that you like, then just go to them anyway no biggie lol

Anyway as for being ready for the con..I can't believe how much it's gonna cost to make this damn Kirito cosplay >.< Ugh I have bias tape....AND SO MUCH OF IT!!!! lol