Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Blizzard

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 195 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 07-29-2012, 06:33 PM   #5131
Neener_nina

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMatrix View Post
Lol, might wanna be careful with those spikes! Don't want to gouge anyone's eye out because you turned around too quickly ! However it would keep the creepy guys from getting too close!
lol, I honestly can't wait to try tackling the armour, but I have to finish my Splicer costume first . :s

My friend's coming with me as Judgment Armour set, and I've decided to be a female orc in the Might warrior set... with a fishing pole. >.> Lets see how it goes, I've never done armor before and it'll be my 3rd cosplay ever. @_@

I think I'm going way over my head...
Neener_nina is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-04-2012, 10:10 AM   #5132
Megumi_Ai

I am a newbie cosplayer when it comes to World of Warcraft were should I start as in armor wise ? What are the easiest Robes or gear to make ?
I am leaning toward three of my characters one is a Mage and the other two are Druids

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Halladi/simple ( My Tauren Feral Druid )
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...astasia/simple ( My 1st Worgan of 3 Feral Druid )
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ibyllie/simple ( Arcane Mage )

TsubasaCon 2012 Cosplays-
Still Choosing
1.Kyubey - Madoka Magica
2. Fluttershy- MLP

Planned

Twilight Sparkle
Kyoko Sakura - Madoka Magica
Manami Tome - Madoka Magica
Sailor Moon.

Last edited by Megumi_Ai : 08-04-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Megumi_Ai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2012, 11:42 PM   #5133
Kreyaloran

I am very new to Cosplay, and this is the first thing I'll be doing. I want to do the Battlegear of Might warrior set, but im not sure where to start. Also, I have little to no budget, so the easiest things that still look nice would be well appreciated. So if maybe someone could message me ideas, or help, thatd be great. http://wowd.org/images/sets/209.jpg , there's a picture for anyone who's curious as to looks thanks for any help
Kreyaloran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #5134
Reformed Tomboy
Relapses Happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megumi_Ai View Post
What are the easiest Robes or gear to make ?
This question is relative to your skill set. For me, almost any robe is difficult because I only hand-sew, and hand-sewing an entire garment can take forever. Others are really great with a sewing machine. Think about what tools and experience you have and pick something based on that. Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreyaloran View Post
I am very new to Cosplay, and this is the first thing I'll be doing. I want to do the Battlegear of Might warrior set, but im not sure where to start. Also, I have little to no budget, so the easiest things that still look nice would be well appreciated. So if maybe someone could message me ideas, or help, thatd be great. http://wowd.org/images/sets/209.jpg , there's a picture for anyone who's curious as to looks thanks for any help
In general, for a first cosplay, the set you picked out would be very difficult. Not impossible, there are many tutorials out there (even on this site) for making armor, most of them completely do-able by a new person. But especially with little/no budget, you might want to scale down the type of costume you want to make. The advice I gave above in this post also applies to you.
Reformed Tomboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2012, 06:18 PM   #5135
Shaylyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreyaloran View Post
Might is amazing, I would love to see that set brought to life! But I agree with Reformed that it might be hard to do with a low budget. Craft foam and expanding foam would be a cheap, yet attractive, set of materials to work with.

Haven't been on here in a long time but I wanted to say hi again <3 I'm doing Vengeful Gladiator's Battlegear (again) for Blizzcon. I've learned a lot about making armor and I'm already having a great time working on it, started sculpting the shoulders out of expanding foam and making mock-up armor out of card stock and craft foam while I wait for Wonderflex/worbla to arrive Just having trouble finding time to work on it (had a second baby 2 months ago!!).

Last edited by Shaylyn : 09-27-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Shaylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2012, 07:56 AM   #5136
ProjectMatrix

@ Shayln: pics?

To the people making their first cosplay: I'm all about doing crazy costumes but make sure it is something u think you can do. I always start with a test piece and if I can pull that piece off I continue if not I have a Plan B. the last thing you want for your first cosPlay is to be unhappy with it. As long as u are happy with how it came out go for it!

Update on my end: Kerrigan hands and face horns are done. Feet and hair is sculpted just waiting for funds so I can start molding and casting body will be ready to start sculpting around Christmas time and wings will be an ongoing thing. My boyfriend will be putting motors in the wings so they move hurray for back exercises!

Current Cosplay:
Infested Kerrigan (Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm)

Up Next:
Traveler (Journey)
ProjectMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2012, 06:32 PM   #5137
Shaylyn

@ ProjectMatrix, pics are a few days away I carved my shoulders, but apparently a portion of the foam hadn't finished curing so it warped >.< so I sprayed some more foam over it and I'll carve it up again in 3 or 4 days. I sure don't want that kind of disappointment again!!
Shaylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 12:11 PM   #5138
ProjectMatrix

@Shaylyn: have you uploaded any pics yet? I am very curious to see!

On my end, I just got some airbrush make up in to do a test run of kerrigans face. I will do a full test run once money comes in and I mold/cast those darn dreads! Its still relatively warm here so hopefully I can get those knocked out before Christmas...not really holding my breath though. School has been kicking my butt!

Current Cosplay:

Up Next:
Traveler (Journey)
Unread 11-28-2012, 08:57 PM   #5139
dbchan
Minty McNomNoms

Sounds like we need progress pictures from both of you, @Shaylyn and @ProjectMatrix !

Blonadine.net -
Facebook me!

"Nothin but the rain."
dbchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 05:12 PM   #5140
ProjectMatrix

This is just a quick shot, I am no master sculptor but paint adds a lot to a piece. I will be molding/casting the feet after Christmas, because I get money for Christmas ! So yay for having funds to do stuff again! that and with lovely 75 degree Texas December I can still fiberglass for the mold! I will also be molding/casting the dreads for the hair. I will post that when I actually make progress on that, but that will most likely be in January.

http://s209.beta.photobucket.com/use...tml?sort=3&o=0

Current Cosplay:

Up Next:
Traveler (Journey)
Unread 01-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #5141
ProjectMatrix

So how's everyone else's projects going?

Current Cosplay:

Up Next:
Traveler (Journey)
Unread 01-14-2013, 03:45 PM   #5142
Kimchikimchi
A deliciously tasty treat

Quote:
So how's everyone else's projects going?
Still working! Currently, I've got my Sister Benedron in the works. Sure, she isn't found anywhere in the actual game...but her figure in the DC series was just too awesome to pass up!

Follow me on Facebook!
Kimchikimchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #5143
ProjectMatrix

Nice! I actually was gonna make sister Benedron and even started her, but my ex broke my molds for the chest piece I made and even my resin positives : ( id love to see some work in progress pics! so I am still commiting cosplay suicide and still doing infested Kerrigan.

Speaking of which, status update, I am molding the dreads now ! Only I'm taking the slow approach and casting each individual dread seperately. The end result will be easier mold storage, better movement in all directions, and if I mess up I don't waste a lot of material. Downside: it takes FOREVER! Oh we'll I suppose. I won't have enough silicone and foam to do all of the dreads but definately put a dent in them! I am also almost done with the other Kerrigan foot so I can fiberglass mold that whenever I'm ready because I got the supplies for that for Christmas as well ! But I won't start that until I have a molding table, because I can't mold everything in my kitchen.

Current Cosplay:

Up Next:
Traveler (Journey)
Unread 01-15-2013, 07:01 PM   #5144
Kimchikimchi
A deliciously tasty treat

Quote:
Nice! I actually was gonna make sister Benedron and even started her, but my ex broke my molds for the chest piece I made and even my resin positives : ( id love to see some work in progress pics! so I am still commiting cosplay suicide and still doing infested Kerrigan.

Speaking of which, status update, I am molding the dreads now ! Only I'm taking the slow approach and casting each individual dread seperately. The end result will be easier mold storage, better movement in all directions, and if I mess up I don't waste a lot of material. Downside: it takes FOREVER! Oh we'll I suppose. I won't have enough silicone and foam to do all of the dreads but definately put a dent in them! I am also almost done with the other Kerrigan foot so I can fiberglass mold that whenever I'm ready because I got the supplies for that for Christmas as well ! But I won't start that until I have a molding table, because I can't mold everything in my kitchen.
Oh hey! I think I actually ran across some of your Benedron images on google when I was doing research! :P There are a few progress deals in my gallery, but I usually post all my WIP stuff to my FB page.

Definitely looking forward to your Kerrigan! You don't see too many out there

Follow me on Facebook!
Kimchikimchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 09:15 PM   #5145
ProjectMatrix

That looks like Worbla! I wish that stuff was more accessible when I started that costume! Would have made a world of difference! Looks AMAZING by the way! What do you plan on doing for the embroidery on her dress? I know that was the biggest cause of concern for that costume for me!

Current Cosplay:

Up Next:
Traveler (Journey)