Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Unread 12-04-2012, 08:59 PM   #1
CherishIchigo

Pokemon cosplay Help!

I've been wanting to cosplay Skyla/ Fuuro from the pokemon black and white 2

Here is a reference photo:
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/phot...98-331-532.jpg

and I just haven't the clue how I should tackle this project. I've thought it over threw and threw. I can sew any parts if needed to. The outfit itself isn't complex, but I am just having trouble figuring out how I could do her wig, and find a pair of boots I could use to wear.

Okay long explanation short. I am just wondering if any one has any advice on. What fabrics, or items I could use. If there are any patterns out there that could help me. And if there are any ways I can attempt the wig without screwing up!

Please! this is the first cosplay I will be making and I just want it to look as close to her as possible!
CherishIchigo is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-05-2012, 05:37 PM   #2
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

The hair looks easier then you think..It looks like a medium/long (depending where you get it lol) wig, with a flower in it. It looks like hair pops out of the flower but I could be wront..Either way that can be made on the flower rather then being hair, and then a clip on the flower to stay in the hair..Then just style the bangs and done..

The boots will be harder..You MIGHT have to make boot covers..I can;t help there but google is your friend and you can just search for tutorials on boot covers and alter then to what you need..If you can find blue rain/work boots (or paint some, you can get them at walmart easy in black or grey), then painting the front seams on so it looks like there actually IS seams lol Then adding the fur on top (get that at joanns)

Hope this helps
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
CherishIchigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
The hair looks easier then you think..It looks like a medium/long (depending where you get it lol) wig, with a flower in it. It looks like hair pops out of the flower but I could be wront..Either way that can be made on the flower rather then being hair, and then a clip on the flower to stay in the hair..Then just style the bangs and done..

The boots will be harder..You MIGHT have to make boot covers..I can;t help there but google is your friend and you can just search for tutorials on boot covers and alter then to what you need..If you can find blue rain/work boots (or paint some, you can get them at walmart easy in black or grey), then painting the front seams on so it looks like there actually IS seams lol Then adding the fur on top (get that at joanns)

Hope this helps
Thanks! I will try that and see how it works out! C:
Unread 12-09-2012, 12:22 AM   #4
Hindari
Moop

You could always find a pair of boots that are the color or a good base that you could recolor into that shade of blue needed and the only thing you'd need is to make the white piece at the top of the boot removable. Maybe they can snap on with the buckles you see on backpacks or some form or velcro or snaps and just make sure it's at the back of the leg so it's least visible. Making it from fabric and stuffing it so you can just roll it up your leg, pull on you boots and roll it down onto place, but that doesn't sound like it's hold very well.

As for the wig, you could make the bun type piece from stryofoam or a wire frame to give it shape and cover it in wefts. Either way, make sure you make some sort of stand beneath the wigcap so it can stand up straight as it is in the picture.

Hope that helps and makes sense ^^;
Hindari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 01:00 AM   #5
CherishIchigo

I believe it would be hard to find a pair of blue boots out there or online TT ~TT I tried. but I think the velcro and the snaps are a very good idea! I think I have a good idea on how to do the wig. Thank you so much for you help and advice! C: