Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 79 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #4651
Akahime
Red Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroki-neko View Post
well if he has or will stop cheating on her and making her upset/cry and everything bad i think they will be ok. if he does something to hurt her she should break up with him.
:/ I'm a pretty forgiving person. But if something happens more than one, I become skeptical and even stubborn. I don't think it'll be ok. I don't believe this guy would change, ever. I mean seriously. It's already been almost three years (or has it been three years? I don't know, not really keep track) and there's been mostly only drama in her life. I don't know why anyone would want to go through pain and stress just for 'love'. I don't find that kind of love worth fighting for. I have other love/friendship that I rather fight for and besides.... there are more guys out there who are better than this one. :/

Maybe I would become a little more bit understanding if I knew what she was thinking about. BUT I don't. She doesn't tell us anything about what really goes on in her mind and when you do ask, I feel like I run in circles and everyone else gets confused by her explanations.

Whatever. No matter what happens, I won't leave her just because of some guy. She's still my friend that I love and I'll just sit back and let karma run its course. Perhaps it was meant to be to be this way. That I have slowly come to accept. /lesigh

Next cons: Anime Expo and Midoricon.
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #4652
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akahime View Post
:/ I'm a pretty forgiving person. But if something happens more than one, I become skeptical and even stubborn. I don't think it'll be ok. I don't believe this guy would change, ever. I mean seriously. It's already been almost three years (or has it been three years? I don't know, not really keep track) and there's been mostly only drama in her life. I don't know why anyone would want to go through pain and stress just for 'love'. I don't find that kind of love worth fighting for. I have other love/friendship that I rather fight for and besides.... there are more guys out there who are better than this one. :/

Maybe I would become a little more bit understanding if I knew what she was thinking about. BUT I don't. She doesn't tell us anything about what really goes on in her mind and when you do ask, I feel like I run in circles and everyone else gets confused by her explanations.

Whatever. No matter what happens, I won't leave her just because of some guy. She's still my friend that I love and I'll just sit back and let karma run its course. Perhaps it was meant to be to be this way. That I have slowly come to accept. /lesigh
maybe you could hold and intervention for her?
Unread 12-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #4653
Akahime
Red Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Your friend sounds like a bit of a doormat. Ask yourself if you want more years of listening to this boring, go-nowhere saga.
Yeah. Pretty much. I really, really, REALLY don't want to hear or see any more of this. :/ You have no idea how many friends she lost just because of this guy and her decision to stay with him. She really does put him first before us, which pains us. (if it was a guy who I actually liked being her boyfriend and treated her well, I wouldn't care, but.... THIS GUY :/).

I think that's why I decided that it was just best for me to stay far in the background until she is ready to move on. AND IF SHE'S NOT.... well I guess that just means less me in her life. :/ As sad as that is too.

Quote:
maybe you could hold and intervention for her?
We had that a couple of times to. Me personally with her one on one after trying to have an intervention with her the second time around. :/ My sister tried talking to her recently, as well as two other friends who currently lives with her in the apartment. That's already five times we tried. Another friend said she that would, so that would be the sixth one.... and if I go... that would be the seventh.

:/ My only fear is that she would make herself the victim --which she already kind of has when both of the two friends that is living with her said that he couldn't enter the apartment anymore for so and so dates because of their last argument that happened 3AM in the morning. She didn't really like that. :/ She said that they weren't considering her feelings. My problem with that is that her boyfriend tried to destroy the walls in the apartment they were leasing. D: LIKE SERIOUSLY! He showed aggression and they weren't comfortable with him in the apartment anymore. Nor did they feel safe.

:/

Last edited by Akahime : 12-05-2012 at 09:57 PM.
Unread 12-05-2012, 09:56 PM   #4654
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Quote:
hmm i could do a strawberry cake with vanilla frosting and put strawberry on top of it or something like that.

im making my mother a carrot cake in the next few days for her b-day.
Yay Is carrot cake your mom's favorite?
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #4655
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykaios View Post
Yay Is carrot cake your mom's favorite?
yes it is, i do some of my cosplay voices while i do it so i don't get bored.
Unread 12-05-2012, 09:59 PM   #4656
sam vimes
A real live wire

He's a wall-puncher on top of all this cheating business? Ho boy. Is he a drinker? Any sort of criminal record?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 10:02 PM   #4657
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

@Akahime: I hope your friend sees the daylight before it's too late. I really don't understand people who stay in those kinds of relationships or forgive people and what not.

I have a friend who is dating an ex-friend of mine. Normally, I really don't care to pay attention to who my friends date, but this particular girl that my friend is dating, I personally know. And, I know she's bad news bears. I know all too much that all she ever did with her ex's was cheat on them. Her ex-husband, particularly was one of my good friends and it got so bad that even his mom and sister had stepped in and confided in me about it.

My friend does have a way with ending up dating those that cheat on him and mistreat him and I'd really rather not history repeat itself and him go down the same path (not to mention everyone's pretty fed up with the drama between him and girls he's dated in the past - up to the point where not many people even want to room with him at cons anymore). I tried warning him, but that's really all I can do without really getting involved (and she is most definitely forbidden in this house or any where near me, I just do not want to deal with it all over again).

Quote:
yes it is, i do some of my cosplay voices while i do it so i don't get bored.
You do cosplay voices while making cakes o_O?

Last edited by Mykaios : 12-05-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Unread 12-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #4658
Akahime
Red Princess

@sam vines:
D:< I KNOW, RIGHT?! The nerveeeee! And yeah, he's a drinker. He likes Patron (that how you spell it? I never really paid attention, lol). Like a lot. Ew. >> I don't think he has a criminal record. We'll see how far that goes as long he doesn't keep his anger in check. :/

@mykaios:
I really hope so too. ): I really don't understand how she could even stay in the relationship. I can't even imagine the reasons or the things that goes on in their heads. D:

Oh man, girl, that sounds like a situation that is about to become like mine. I only fear that people will not be friends with L anymore because of the way she continues to carry herself. The apartment is only a year lease so they already are talking about not rooming with her anymore. They're rooming together for school btw. They were such good friends, but... I suppose sometimes things just don't work out. :/ Even if she one days loses all of us, I hope she only realizes what kind of mistakes she made and learn her lesson instead of blaming others.

Unread 12-05-2012, 10:18 PM   #4659
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akahime View Post
@sam vines:
D:< I KNOW, RIGHT?! The nerveeeee! And yeah, he's a drinker. He likes Patron (that how you spell it? I never really paid attention, lol). Like a lot. Ew. >> I don't think he has a criminal record. We'll see how far that goes as long he doesn't keep his anger in check. :/

@mykaios:
I really hope so too. ): I really don't understand how she could even stay in the relationship. I can't even imagine the reasons or the things that goes on in their heads. D:

Oh man, girl, that sounds like a situation that is about to become like mine. I only fear that people will not be friends with L anymore because of the way she continues to carry herself. The apartment is only a year lease so they already are talking about not rooming with her anymore. They're rooming together for school btw. They were such good friends, but... I suppose sometimes things just don't work out. :/ Even if she one days loses all of us, I hope she only realizes what kind of mistakes she made and learn her lesson instead of blaming others.

I'm think you spelled it correctly, don't think I have ever drunk it myself though. On another note: See, I walked out on my ex IMMEDIATELY (grabbed my shit and walked out the door [except the cat...he wouldn't give me MY CAT and i miss that cat, nothing I could've done though. She was a gift from him, but I don't think my name was on the adoption papers], as soon as he started slamming doors and breaking dishes. On top of the mental abuse and put downs and such, it just got to be too much and I was more afraid of what would happen to me down the line.
Unread 12-05-2012, 10:28 PM   #4660
Akahime
Red Princess

Quote:

I'm think you spelled it correctly, don't think I have ever drunk it myself though. On another note: See, I walked out on my ex IMMEDIATELY (grabbed my shit and walked out the door [except the cat...he wouldn't give me MY CAT and i miss that cat, nothing I could've done though. She was a gift from him, but I don't think my name was on the adoption papers], as soon as he started slamming doors and breaking dishes. On top of the mental abuse and put downs and such, it just got to be too much and I was more afraid of what would happen to me down the line.
LOL Well, matters not. As long we know what I'm talking about.

On that note: OMG. D: Horrible! I would have walked out on a guy like that too. :/ I rather get out early in the relationship if I start having doubts about it and if he starts to restrict my freedom down or just hurting my feelings in general. I wouldn't have put up with it (maybe the first time, but definitely not the second time).

Unread 12-05-2012, 11:28 PM   #4661
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

This may sound weird but I'm getting pissed on what I suspect people are saying, instead of what I've actually heard/read from people. A Chiefs player, killed his girlfriend and then himself on Saturday. They were supposedly fighting about her staying out late. I've come to expect people to victim blame in these situations. I've stayed away from comment sections on this, as a rule I try to avoid them as much as possible, but this story gives me extra reason to do so. The whole thing is pretty upsetting on its own, factor in the fact they had a 3-month old baby and his mother witnessed him killing her makes it even more so.

So yeah, I haven't actually read any comments saying things like "the whore deserved it" or anything. But I honestly believe someone asshole has and that makes me upset. I hate to see how upset I'd get actually seeing someone do so.

Tokyo in Tulsa: Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - fem!Haru Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - fem!France (Hetalia)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 11:30 PM   #4662
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Have you been evaluated for clinical depression?
Nope. When I went through another sad-sack phase last year I saw a psychologist for 6 months, but that went nowhere fast so I stopped seeing her. I don't know if it's worth looking into, because when I get really upset it lasts for about a month and then just kind of... evaporates, and then I end up feeling inexplicably happy for a couple days before I go back to normal. Lather, rinse, repeat. I don't know if that qualifies as anything abnormal though.

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 05:35 AM   #4663
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Quote:

I'll be at Katsucon, stop by my AA table and I'll give you something :3 We'll figure out a way for you to ID yourself later... I hope everything gets better for you though~
Awww Thanks My dad said if I get all As and Bs by the time the conventions rolls around, I can go that Friday, so I'm gonna try my best!
Natsuno Yuuki-Shiki, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, O.D-Gatchaman Crowds, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Ayato Naoi-Angel Beats, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #4664
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-and-Chips-Yum View Post
Nope. When I went through another sad-sack phase last year I saw a psychologist for 6 months, but that went nowhere fast so I stopped seeing her. I don't know if it's worth looking into, because when I get really upset it lasts for about a month and then just kind of... evaporates, and then I end up feeling inexplicably happy for a couple days before I go back to normal. Lather, rinse, repeat. I don't know if that qualifies as anything abnormal though.
I agree with Penny. It would be worth it see a doctor if it's possible for you to do so.

From what I was told by my old doctor and psychology teacher is that depression, in the shortest sense, is when common feelings like anger, sadness, loss, and frustration manifest for weeks at a time (or longer). In other-words it's being sad for a consistent long-standing period of time.

For me I've had issues with anxiety and depression since I was a lot younger then most people even get diagnosed (lucky Emmers) and when I figured out what depression and anxiety was the way I lived my life made sense and I understood why I was like I am. Sometimes I can go months feeling sorry for myself and like a lump of shit on a stick for no real reason or triggered by stressful situations. Sometimes I can go YEARS feeling pretty good. Depression isn't always a solid state of mopeyness. Sometimes there are good days and sometimes not so good days.

So it could be worth talking to someone about if this is how you're feeling.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 11:30 AM   #4665
Lurrdoc
[SHSL ???]

Effin' canker sores makin' near everything hard to eat. Holy hell, even the sauce from beans stings.

| deviantArt | tumblr | MyAnimeList |

| Rock Lee - 90% | Relius Clover - 85% | Gunha Sogiita - 65% |
Lurrdoc is offline   Reply With Quote