Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Props/Accessories/Armor

Unread 12-05-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
Ryutso

Clay help [Air Trecks from Air Gear]

So I'm making Kazu's AT's from Air Gear and I have exactly the skates I need and exactly the wheels I need, but I need a little help making it aesthetically right.

Here's an album of reference pictures: http://imgur.com/a/EpVMK#0

Basically the white part around the wheels and the green ovals are going to be painted clay, but I'm not entirely sure what type of clay I'm looking for, seeing as there's almost thousands of different types.

So what type of clay can I use that would stick to shoe fabric and be sturdy enough to withstand skate vibrations?
Ryutso is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-05-2012, 10:02 PM   #2
Nostrum
R4Hscal

Do you mean the upside down trapeze shape on the wheel?

I really wouldn't be using clay. It's heavy and really won't stick well regardless of what you try. You'd be better off shaping it out of something like sintra, or the cheaper alternative of craft foam.
I don't know how much the skates will really need to flex, as you don't exactly bend your feet in them, but look at something like Shoe Goo or E6000.
Nostrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 10:19 PM   #3
Ryutso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrum View Post
Do you mean the upside down trapeze shape on the wheel?

I really wouldn't be using clay. It's heavy and really won't stick well regardless of what you try. You'd be better off shaping it out of something like sintra, or the cheaper alternative of craft foam.
I don't know how much the skates will really need to flex, as you don't exactly bend your feet in them, but look at something like Shoe Goo or E6000.
So just wrap sintra or craft foam around the existing metal support structure? I still think the green ovals should be clay to get them to protrude out from the shoe.

Also, there will probably be no flex whatsoever, at least on that part of the skate but I'll look into those. I know I've heard of E6000.
Unread 12-06-2012, 05:15 AM   #4
Nostrum
R4Hscal

Nah, I'd just layer sintra/foam to get the raised ovals. You'll really find that it's easier to work with than clay, plus more durable.
Nostrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #5
Ryutso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrum View Post
Nah, I'd just layer sintra/foam to get the raised ovals. You'll really find that it's easier to work with than clay, plus more durable.
E6000 will glue sintra to metal?

Also, where can I find sintra? Just any sign store?