Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4008 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-06-2012, 09:56 AM   #60511
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
Nerds man... why have they got to be so socially awkward? Like did no one tell you how to talk in polite conversation? Let me get a fucking word in! I want to leave this conversation forever. I don't care that I'm the only person in the whole pub you want to talk to.

I tried making excuses to get out like going to the toilet and she was waiting for me when I came down. I said I'm going out for a cigarette and she followed me, she didn't even smoke.

She reminded me of every reason why I'm glad I deleted my tumblr and I'm not looking back.
Fail date or something?
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-06-2012, 10:08 AM   #60512
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
Fail date or something?
Hah, me? On a date?

No this was just someone who's part of the pole society and she came to the pub with a load of us. I kept thinking, there are other people here I want to socialize and talk with but this conversation about the Harry Potter musical never going to fucking end. I'm thinking this relationship has gone way beyond its parameters already.

She was talking to be because she saw me as a fellow nerd and therefore we had something in common, but if you talk to someone else you may find that they also have that in common; but you wont know if you only ever talk to one person.

Like I found of that one of my friends met my favourite writer Keiron Gillen, thats something we had in common and we can talk about. Next Friday we're gonna trade X-men comics. Great stuff, because I can sustain a conversation with more than one person in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #60513
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

I would of responded with "I fucking hate Harry Potter" even if you actually like it, it usually works...

OK it worked the one time I said it, I was dragged to a midnight release of one of the books, but I understand that people just assumed I loved Harry Potter since I was there in the first place.
Unread 12-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #60514
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

I tried, I said I don't even like Harry Potter but it didn't seem to work.

People like that are the reason why I avoid the nerdy/geeky societies at uni like sci-fi, board gaming ect. Because I want to minimize as much chance of meeting these awkward people as possible even if I am interested in the society.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #60515
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

I know what you mean all too well.

A few years ago I was on the bus, saw a guy younger than me playing a DS and asked what he was playing because my brain shut off and decided to be friendly for once. It led to a conversation with one major major problem, I assume this was the only social interaction this guy ever had. Only ever talked about Final Fantasy. I was going to the net cafe where my friends worked to hang out and he just...followed me, and tried to talk to them. It took a good hour before he got the message and left.

My friends just looked at me and asked what the hell is wrong with me, I bought a round for us all when we went to the pub to make up for it.
Unread 12-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #60516
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:

A few years ago I was on the bus, saw a guy younger than me playing a DS and asked what he was playing because my brain shut off and decided to be friendly for once. It led to a conversation with one major major problem, I assume this was the only social interaction this guy ever had. Only ever talked about Final Fantasy. I was going to the net cafe where my friends worked to hang out and he just...followed me, and tried to talk to them. It took a good hour before he got the message and left.

My friends just looked at me and asked what the hell is wrong with me, I bought a round for us all when we went to the pub to make up for it.
You allowed this? Damn, Arc, you slippin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #60517
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

It was awkward, my brain wasn't functioning well that night.
Unread 12-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #60518
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post
Holy shit dude, I only just read the previous posts about this. Like everyone else here, I send my best wishes. Good to hear he's doing OK.
Thanks dude I appreciate the well wishes.

Quote:

DON'T MAKE MY SHAME WORSE
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #60519
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Hah, me? On a date?

No this was just someone who's part of the pole society and she came to the pub with a load of us. I kept thinking, there are other people here I want to socialize and talk with but this conversation about the Harry Potter musical never going to fucking end. I'm thinking this relationship has gone way beyond its parameters already.

She was talking to be because she saw me as a fellow nerd and therefore we had something in common, but if you talk to someone else you may find that they also have that in common; but you wont know if you only ever talk to one person.

Like I found of that one of my friends met my favourite writer Keiron Gillen, thats something we had in common and we can talk about. Next Friday we're gonna trade X-men comics. Great stuff, because I can sustain a conversation with more than one person in the world.
Quote:
I would of responded with "I fucking hate Harry Potter" even if you actually like it, it usually works...

OK it worked the one time I said it, I was dragged to a midnight release of one of the books, but I understand that people just assumed I loved Harry Potter since I was there in the first place.
Quote:
I tried, I said I don't even like Harry Potter but it didn't seem to work.

People like that are the reason why I avoid the nerdy/geeky societies at uni like sci-fi, board gaming ect. Because I want to minimize as much chance of meeting these awkward people as possible even if I am interested in the society.
Quote:

thatmspahugginggifthatonlybrosuse.gif

If I wasn't so slammed with work I'd comment further, but I know these feels coscom bros and love how the answers seem to be the pub and X-men comics. YES, GOOD, ETC.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #60520
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:

Exactly.

No seriously.
My sister left her gardening tool out in the grass and I was like...5 or 6 when I went running through the yard and stepped on the toothed end and it just shot up into my face knocking my tooth out.

For years my sister called me 'chip tooth' and my mom is still pissed at her about it.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 12:16 PM   #60521
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Haaaaaaaa.

Quote:
Harry Potter musical
NOOOOOOOO.

I guess the aggressive and intrusive nerd thing is partly why I don't get into fandoms that much; even if I can muster up enough enthusiasm for a topic to talk about it endlessly, I always feel weird talking about my interests and hobbies to people I know aren't that interested in them. I want my space, I want to give other people theirs. I just enjoy things on my own, in my elaborate imaginary world. Plus I hate almost everyone, so that helps.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 02:11 PM   #60522
Lithium Flower
Handphones

My second most viewed uploaded on deviantART?

Slender Moon. With almost 700 views and like 70 favorites.

The digital piece I worked on for Youmacon, struggling to finish in time and spending months completing has like 60 views and 6 favorites.

What the hell.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 12-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #60523
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
My second most viewed uploaded on deviantART?

Slender Moon. With almost 700 views and like 70 favorites.

The digital piece I worked on for Youmacon, struggling to finish in time and spending months completing has like 60 views and 6 favorites.

What the hell.
Welcome to my feelings on my youtube channel.

Front Mission has so many views, and I never finished it.

I think I did a great job on Super Mario 2 and King's Quest, almost no views.

*sigh*
Unread 12-06-2012, 02:14 PM   #60524
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Welc
ome to my feelings on my youtube channel.

Front Mission has so many views, and I never finished it.

I think I did a great job on Super Mario 2 and King's Quest, almost no views.

*sigh*
Quite yer bellyachin' and finish FFVII!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #60525
Lithium Flower
Handphones

No tellin' what's going to please the masses.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○