Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Unread 11-26-2012, 09:58 PM   #1
UchihaKisa

Question In need of some help?

Hello everyone~

So, I've been into the lolita fashion for about two years now, but, the only real outfits I have are dress tops, skirts and high socks.. I've been looking around for my first dress for the past few weeks, and I finally found one that I'm in love with.. However, it's from ebay, and sadly I've heard from my friend that the seller steal's photo's... :c

This is the dress, by the way: http://www.ebay.com/itm/sweet-light-...em27cc34f 9d2

So, I was wondering;
Does anyone know who the original seller of the dress is? Or know of a dress kind of like this one?

Any assistance or thoughts would really be appreciated..
Thank you in advance. ^.^;

James{Pokemon} - 100%!~
Princess Zelda{Legend of Zelda} - 78%
Ciel{Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji} - Deciding on another outfit/Original version~
Alois Trancy{Black butler/Kuroshitsuji} - 100%!~
Finland{Hetalia} - 50%
Hope{Final Fantasy} - 0%
Link{Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess} - 30%

- - - - - - - - -
UchihaKisa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-29-2012, 07:16 AM   #2
Libis

I don't recognize the background of it (I usually shop classic style lol.) It reminds me of Baby's sweeter stuff, though that isn't their normal background.

By the way, be really careful on Ebay. I've not had a lot of good luck buying clothing there. Many of the sellers use poor fabrics. We recently purchased a cosplay from a seller with good reviews and the pants ripped on the fourth gentle wear. Oh, and stay a million miles away from milanoo. The reviews with pics of what people got from them are scary.

I'm much happier with my purchases from Qutieland.
Libis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 02:16 PM   #3
UchihaKisa

I know, I always do a little research before I buy anything off of Ebay. I was just hoping that someone might know where this dress originally came from, since I think it's adorable and would have loved to have it as my first Lolita dress, I love the corset like tops and the color combination. x3

And I'm sorry to hear about your pants! :c
I hope you were able to find a replacement for them. I've always had pretty good luck find cosplays on Ebay(except for one), I just wasn't sure about the Lolita there.
I haven't heard of Quiteland, I'll look that up later when I find the time and see if there's anything I like. :3

Thanks for the help!

James{Pokemon} - 100%!~
Finland{Hetalia} - 50%
Hope{Final Fantasy} - 0%

- - - - - - - - -
Unread 12-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #4
Libis

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaKisa View Post
I know, I always do a little research before I buy anything off of Ebay. I was just hoping that someone might know where this dress originally came from, since I think it's adorable and would have loved to have it as my first Lolita dress, I love the corset like tops and the color combination. x3

And I'm sorry to hear about your pants! :c
I hope you were able to find a replacement for them. I've always had pretty good luck find cosplays on Ebay(except for one), I just wasn't sure about the Lolita there.
I haven't heard of Quiteland, I'll look that up later when I find the time and see if there's anything I like. :3

Thanks for the help!
We haven't been able to replace the pants yet, but I'm thinking we'll cannibalize what parts we can and then use a pair of leatherette pants from Wet Seal for the main pants part.

I love Qutieland They mostly have Classic Loli, but I'm sure you could find some Sweet. Everything is custom-sized and made for you, so do be warned that there is somewhat of a wait, especially near the Chinese New Year. It's sooooo worth it, though. I have an organza petticoat from there that is so soft and poofy and wonderful that I've been tempted to wear it without a dress lol. (Already did run around the house in it when I first got it because it was so pretty!) By the way, organza petticoats never un-poof, so I won't have to buy another one unless I wear this one all the way out. I also got a cute strawberry jsk that fits just perfectly. I wish it were spring again, I'd bring it out for school. (I'm not sure they're still making that jsk, it was a few years ago.)

http://www.qutieland.com/show.php?cat=1
Unread 12-02-2012, 05:07 PM   #5
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!

Just an fyi: the items available there are also available cheaper on taobao, but qutieland's site is easier to use and you don't have to go through a service to buy.

Thank you for completely removing my signature without emailing me that it was too long.
ThakYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2012, 08:52 PM   #6
Libis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThakYuki View Post
Just an fyi: the items available there are also available cheaper on taobao, but qutieland's site is easier to use and you don't have to go through a service to buy.
Yeah, they're more of a store carrying different brands. You can find Infanta, Classical Puppets, etc elsewhere, but I had too much difficulty using the other services out there to use anything but Qutieland. Other people have had better luck than me, though.
Unread 12-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #7
Serial_lover

they have like no bad feedback or neutral feedback so you may have gotten lucky some of my friends buy from there alot, i personally try to stay away from ebay just because >_>;
Serial_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #8
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libis View Post
Yeah, they're more of a store carrying different brands. You can find Infanta, Classical Puppets, etc elsewhere, but I had too much difficulty using the other services out there to use anything but Qutieland. Other people have had better luck than me, though.
I'm lazy and feel taobao requires too much work. lol. When I finally get enough money, I'm planning on purchasing from QutieLand.

Thank you for completely removing my signature without emailing me that it was too long.
Unread 12-03-2012, 08:12 PM   #9
VickyAmis
Banned

I have saw one on the internet, and hope it can help you.http://www.**BannedForSpam**.com/adult-cos...ss-p-2385.html
VickyAmis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #10
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

....that website makes me really really nervous. Any place that calls it cosplay...I want to say is a no. Lolita=not costume. Unless you happen to be going for a specific anime character who wears lolita styled clothing..then...by all means...just be careful with some websites.

I've got agree with everyone else who's already said so and say go with Qutieland. At least you know what you're getting.
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #11
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickyAmis View Post
I have saw one on the internet, and hope it can help you.http://www.**BannedForSpam**.com/adult-cos...ss-p-2385.html
Why do you keep posting malicious links? How are you still on this site?

Unread 12-06-2012, 12:29 PM   #12
UchihaKisa

Thank you guys for all of the help~
I've found a few dresses from Quiteland that I have my eye on now, so I'll definitely feel confident in buying from them after what I've read. -^w^-

James{Pokemon} - 100%!~
Finland{Hetalia} - 50%
Hope{Final Fantasy} - 0%

- - - - - - - - -