Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Marketplace > Archived Marketplace Forums

Unread 12-05-2012, 08:01 PM   #16
Sakura Efreet
Meep...!

Glad to see you are making progress. As someone else who has been scammed here in the marketplace, I HATE it when scammers get on here, facebook, live journal, whatever, and complain about their buyers posting that they are scammers. Why not? If it will save someone else the trouble of losing money, then it's a good thing to do. If you can't ship in a timely manner without telling your buyer, don't list your stuff. Simple as that.

I live in Ohio and I try to catch every con in this state and the surrounding states (when money allows).
I have been cosplaying since the age of 9, and when I'm not cosplaying...
I'm a college student and an Irish dancer. ;]

Unread 12-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #17
cowsrcute

Maybe you can post it in the commissioner review thread also to warn other people. =T
Unread 12-05-2012, 08:14 PM   #18
maggietron
I need stuff!

I dont know how many times ive seen this, but a seller can not make you pay as a gift. And they are not allowed to ask you to do so. Never do it
Unread 12-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #19
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninbri View Post
Dude, PayPal must hate me then.. because they let a girl open a case against me (and she didn't call paypal, she just opened the case), and they decided it was in her favor and she won the case. She paid through gift, as well. Which is what I don't understand..
That's weird....She had to have said something pretty bad to make them want to open a claim that easily..I'm very sorry. You seem like the OPPOSITE of these terrible scammers that call themselves "people"

Anyway, Barrons, I hope everything works out
-Nora (RWBY)
-Stocking (Panty & Stocking)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)

Dream Cosplays:
-Append Rin Kagamine (Vocaloid)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
-Tsuruya (Haruhi Suzumiya)
Unread 12-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #20
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

The following information (thanks to a friend who works at a bank) is for those who paid through direct withdrawals of their bank accounts via Paypal and paid for items via gift option - for unreceived items. Paypal cannot/will not do anything about gift payments 100% of the time (because they're gifts). Paypal has themselves 100% protected if you use the gift option because by agreeing to use that option, they are absolved/will not take part in disputes.:

1. You need to find out how the transaction was done (because there are different rules for each and this is specifically for direct withdrawls from bank accounts.).
2. You need to gather ALL of the documentation you had with the person that discussed the price, shipping date, and of course the transaction/s over paypal you had with/to them - etc.
3. You need to go to your bank and tell them that you want to file an ACH dispute under regulation E claim with reason being item not delivered/received with proof of expected delivery date.

You have 60 days from the transaction date to file an ACH dispute - the furthest a bank will go back is 90 days. It is best, if you avoid showing that the payment was a gift, because you're not suppose to receive anything in return for gift payments.
Unread 12-06-2012, 10:57 AM   #21
Barrons

thanks so much guys! all this information on calling paypal, and stuff with my bank has been really helpful!
Unread 12-06-2012, 11:05 AM   #22
Sailor Steve

I called paypal and my bank and they said they couldn't do anything!!!
Unread 12-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #23
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
I called paypal and my bank and they said they couldn't do anything!!!

Try following the information, I posted. I'm not sure if it's the same thing outside of the US though.
Unread 12-09-2012, 06:10 AM   #24
Zing
!

@OP - Thank you for the heads up with the whole Paypal gift thing, will keep this in mind since I just did this recently. I'll make sure not to use the gift feature next time.

Sorry to hear you got scammed. >_< I myself got scammed too over $550 (albeit not via the gift thing) for a commission which never saw progress, eventually asked for a refund MONTHS later, kept keeping contact for months which ended up in years for a refund and all I had was empty promises + excuses each time for not having given me any kind of refund.

Hope it all works out for you. Good luck!

Last edited by Zing : 12-09-2012 at 06:20 AM. Reason: fixed typos
Unread 12-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #25
Barrons

Update: after contacting her family, I got her to ship it. I just received the package, the costume is nice, but theres no zipper on the blouse. awesome. anyways, gonna take this down, since she is not technically a scammer, just very unprofessional.
Unread 12-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #26
ReiliaCosplays

Ugh!

I've had a lot of problems with the marketplace, too! Mostly with the costume commissions. Most people who take your commission want a 50% deposit, which I can understand. However, I have given people my 50% deposit and then I have never heard from them again! I have tried to get in contact with them, but still no response. I have lost a lot of money this way, and it has happened multiple times.