Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 199 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 11-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #6586
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

Hey! Mirni, can you make a tutorial on the hair bun look? Because that's what i want to do with my Chibi wig. :3

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-20-2012, 05:32 PM   #6587
MirniMausi
Just live more

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarinalove View Post
Hey! Mirni, can you make a tutorial on the hair bun look? Because that's what i want to do with my Chibi wig. :3
I can try my best Though I'm not sure if it will work as good with Chibimoon, I guess you have to change the shape of the bun-thingy. (Does anyone know the english name for these things? You know, these doughnut-shaped items to make a bun)

~Up Next~
Maybe: Yoko Minato (Kamen Rider Gaim)
Maybe: Sailor Moon ~Classic Musical Fuku~ (Sera Myu)
Maybe: Joyful Knight Candelira ~Human form~ (Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger)
Maybe: Eri ~Cheerleader Version~ (Tensou Sentai Goseiger)
MirniMausi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #6588
MinaUchiha2
Cosplay not in a can

While its only a sorta eh picture its a good preview shot of my Princess Sailor Moon. I did forget to put my forehead pearls back on. @.@
http://missmina2.deviantart.com/art/...view-338530538

2014 Cosplays for Ichibancon/Triadanimecon/Nashicon/Animazement:
Eternal Sailor Moon & Fruits Usagi, Sailor Moon.
Upgraded Magical Girl Mami, Madoka Magica.
School & SAO Asuna, Sword Art Online.
Code Black in Ashford C.C., Code Geass.
Mimori & Takamina, AKB0048.
Ballgown!TARDIS, Doctor Who.
And lots of Lolita.
MinaUchiha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 02:52 PM   #6589
HareyuNanami
Princess of Dreams :3

Hey guys!

I am having trouble at trying to figure out how to get the top of my Princess Serenity costume to work! (how to make it look good xD)
Any advice ??

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ssSerenity.jpg

Cosplay List!

Convention List
CON-G 2014
Costume Con Toronto 2014
Anime North 2014
FanExpo 2014

My Youtube
HareyuNanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 01:32 AM   #6590
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

Quote:
Originally Posted by MirniMausi View Post
I can try my best Though I'm not sure if it will work as good with Chibimoon, I guess you have to change the shape of the bun-thingy. (Does anyone know the english name for these things? You know, these doughnut-shaped items to make a bun)
Wow, I meant Princess Serenity using the chibi wig from arda! XD I need to really learn how to USE my words lol!
Haha.

But if you could show/tell me how you did the regular buns, that would be awesome, because I'll working on Princess Serenity in the near future.

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 07:54 PM   #6591
MirniMausi
Just live more

Hahaha, okay xD

~Up Next~
Unread 11-26-2012, 08:08 PM   #6592
Irish Panda

Hello! I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on the sailor tiaras.
My group (about ~6 people) are trying to do a sailormoon crossover cosplay, but I'm having difficulty figuring out a good way we can all get tiaras. I found an etsy store that had pretty good tiaras http://www.etsy.com/listing/105930233/sailor-s-tiara, but they're shipping would work out to be $10 each person. $60 for shipping just seems too much.
Is there a cheaper and easier way to make tiaras? I've never used wonderflex before, but I own a heat gun. I also read somewhere about someone using leather and gold paint. I also heard of the brass tiaras, but I don't own a dremel. Any advice?
Irish Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 11:12 PM   #6593
Zaiten

I had a question for you wonderful Sailor Moon cosplayers out there, how did you pick your senshi? (Or other character, hehe.) Where they your favorite? Did you look like them? I'm curious because because I'm having trouble picking who I want to be and would love to see how others picked theirs.

Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 09:49 AM   #6594
MirniMausi
Just live more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaiten View Post
I had a question for you wonderful Sailor Moon cosplayers out there, how did you pick your senshi? (Or other character, hehe.) Where they your favorite? Did you look like them? I'm curious because because I'm having trouble picking who I want to be and would love to see how others picked theirs.
Personally, I chose the one I like the most, which is Sailor Moon herself in that case. Though I was in the lucky position that my facial features and the overall shape of my head fit Sailor Moon quite good.
I also want to try out Star Fighter and Pluto someday, but those are more for fun. But in the musicals, there are actresses with a similar face to mine.

In general, you should choose someone you can identify with and who wears an outfit you like. Nothing is worse that feeling out of place and out of character in your cosplay.... I had that problem when I cosplayed Rikku from Final Fantasy. When you can identify with someone, the "play" part of the word cosplay will develop on it's own. ;D You just have to have the right costume.

Panda: I have no experience with tiaras so far, but one of my friends uses gold foil and glues it to her head with skin glue. Could be worth a try?

~Up Next~
Unread 11-30-2012, 06:43 AM   #6595
Mr. Robot

Quote:
Personally, I chose Mercury she was historically my favorite for being smart and sweet, and because her color is blue, which is my favorite. I could just as easily have chosen another for other reasons though, and in fact thought about Pluto for being the tallest, oldest, and arguably most powerful (Time-stopping, yo). Ended up going with Mercury though for the attachment of being my original favorite and because I didn't feel like messing with that big of a wig and with making a staff (A cop-out, I know, but hey, maybe some day).

People choose for wildly different reasons really, be it character design, favorite character, physical similarities, being the last one to choose in a group, etc. I guess if I were to advise you, I would choose your favorite or the one you best relate to. If you don't really have a "favorite" off hand, then choose the one you remember best originally liking like I did with Mercury. If you still can't choose, do tiebreaker on color. Either that or ease of construction. If you can do one of them with your normal hair, for example, that would save a lot of time and money on a wig.

Last edited by Mr. Robot : 12-01-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Mr. Robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 08:24 PM   #6596
Prissi
tsukini kawatte oshiokiyo

Zaiten: I picked Sailormoon because she is my favorite. Her personality, her bubbliness, the way she believes in the goodness of people, how she refuses to give up on love. :) I was into voice acting a lot when I was younger and my favorite character to voice was always Sailormoon for that reason. I have wanted to make Seramyu ESM for probably like 12-14 years now so... it was an easy decision for me when I finally grew up enough to be able to afford doing it the way I wanted to. ;)

I would have to agree with choosing the one you identify with most. Otherwise you're investing a lot of time and money in someone you won't enjoy portraying!

Panda: I used craft foam and covered with gold foil spandex, and used my nail to etch the lines in it. :)
Prissi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #6597
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

Spandex!!!! I'm making my Fuku soon but I have no clue what spandex to use!!! There are so many options! What did everyone else use? (:
Unread 12-05-2012, 08:55 AM   #6598
Lilith Oya
Wind Elementalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Panda View Post
Hello! I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on the sailor tiaras.
My group (about ~6 people) are trying to do a sailormoon crossover cosplay, but I'm having difficulty figuring out a good way we can all get tiaras. I found an etsy store that had pretty good tiaras http://www.etsy.com/listing/105930233/sailor-s-tiara, but they're shipping would work out to be $10 each person. $60 for shipping just seems too much.
Is there a cheaper and easier way to make tiaras? I've never used wonderflex before, but I own a heat gun. I also read somewhere about someone using leather and gold paint. I also heard of the brass tiaras, but I don't own a dremel. Any advice?
I use tooling leather for tiaras. Anywhere from 3-5 ounces depending on what you can find on e-bay. It can't be more than that though. At this size it'll still be thin and pliable. Create your pattern, trace it on the leather with pencil, cut with a knife. You can do a little clean up with some scissors. Dampen both sides of the leather with a moist sponge. Use an all or other pointed (but not sharp so you don't damage the leather) tool to press/carve in your ridge details. While the leather is still damp, curve it to fit your forehead. When it's dry, use eco-flow leather paint in gold to paint it, front and back. Then use a brown marker to darken your ridge carving to give it more depth (it might take several strokes to get it dark enough). Even after the tiara is dry, it'll still be somewhat pliable so you can still fix it to fit you better (or someone else)! Glue on your star or oval jewel. If you're doing the oval jewel, I like to make a "setting" to make it look more cohesive. I use a gold snake chain, 1.5mm, by Beadalon (you can find it in a 6.5ft pack on Joanns.com). With this kind of chain, you can bend the metal around round and sharp corners as you glue it around the jewel. And that's it! Wear it with spirit gum or double sided tape for a perfect fit and all day wear! You can tuck the ends under your wig, if you're wearing one, for extra security.

Quote:
I picked Neptune because I have a ton in common with her. I used to play violin and I'm an artist. I also used to dress more feminine than my friends in high school....for some reason even a casual dress or skirt was considered "dressed up" and the fact that Michiru always wore pretty dresses on the regular reminded me of that. Look wise, I have super curly hair and back in the day it used to be that long. Turquoise/teal is one of my favorite colors too. I admire her determination, strength, and her loyalty/love for Uranus and the family bond she has with the whole outer team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MirniMausi View Post
Bun shapers is the generic term for them but I know there's some infomercial product that calls them Super Buns or something silly like that. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichigo_m. View Post
Spandex!!!! I'm making my Fuku soon but I have no clue what spandex to use!!! There are so many options! What did everyone else use? (:
If you're buying it in person, just get the thickest, heaviest you can find! In fact, think about lycra too! But be prepared to compensate for the fact that any white stretch fabric is still see-through! Even if you can't see skin color, a lot of people don't realize that we can see the size and shape of your belly button. XD Be prepared to either double up the fabric or wear shapewear. Shapewear is your god when it comes to senshi cosplays. I find that no matter what the body type, stretch fabrics just look gross. They are so unflattering cause they sink in and hug the worst crevices of the body. Shapewear fixes all that and makes the fabric clean, smooth, and pretty.....and you get the added bonus of protection from perves. ^______^d
Unread 12-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #6599
Sui Kune
I've got a can opener!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith Oya View Post
If you're buying it in person, just get the thickest, heaviest you can find! In fact, think about lycra too! But be prepared to compensate for the fact that any white stretch fabric is still see-through! Even if you can't see skin color, a lot of people don't realize that we can see the size and shape of your belly button. XD Be prepared to either double up the fabric or wear shapewear. Shapewear is your god when it comes to senshi cosplays. I find that no matter what the body type, stretch fabrics just look gross. They are so unflattering cause they sink in and hug the worst crevices of the body. Shapewear fixes all that and makes the fabric clean, smooth, and pretty.....and you get the added bonus of protection from perves. ^______^d
What I do for that personally is use flesh-colored swimsuit lining. It works amazingly and isn't at all difficult to put in (pin the white lycra pieces to the lining pieces, serge all around the edges, then serge the leotard together). So lots of potential options to choose from! :3
☆ Sailor Saturn [Sailormoon S]
☆ Tomoe Hotaru [Mugen Gakuen Junior High Uniform]

沈黙のセーラー戦士、セーラーサターン!
Sui Kune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 10:34 PM   #6600
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith Oya View Post
I was thinking of ordering online. Where I live we don't really have anywhere to get Spandex/Lycra. Yes I always were wear shapewear with my costumes (thanks to years of theater I have tons of it). This good to know! Thank you!!!