Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 12-01-2012, 10:41 PM   #151
Kildread
I can fix it!

I don't discuss my cosplaying with people who aren't cosplayers, they know about it from my facebook (Or, uh, if they work with me --- which most do).

So I don't know what they think about it, neither do I care :/
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-02-2012, 12:32 PM   #152
CautiousAmber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
I don't discuss my cosplaying with people who aren't cosplayers, they know about it from my facebook (Or, uh, if they work with me --- which most do).

Oh wow, I don't put cosplay stuff up on Facebook at ALL. I try to keep the cosplay/nerd things separate from Facebook, especially because I think it would confuse family members and people from my hometown.

Plus I don't want to have to explain that I did NOT dye my hair every time I upload a picture.
- Pearl (Steven Universe)
- Fluttershy

2014 Events: Kawa Kon, Nakakon, Anime Central, Cosplacon,ACE, Motaku, Nebraskon

tumblr / deviantart
CautiousAmber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 01:54 AM   #153
Steffuh

Most of my friends agree with it, the other half of them want to actually do it....
They kind of suck though because they are like "WE GONNA GO TO THE CON AND COSPLAYYYY WITH YOUUUUU" and I'm like "SWEET YES!!! LET'S DISCUSS COSPLAY!"
....then, of course they don't go to the con and they don't ever cosplay.
They think my cosplays are cool though, but it's still upsetting when you think you have a group and then you don't. Oh well, first world problems. xD!!! Atleast they are supportive of the whole cosplay thing.
Steffuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 02:32 PM   #154
ChocoboxDreamer
Master Derper

Some think it is an interesting hobby. Others think it's kinda odd.
Melodiana - Kamidori Alchemy Meister (0% complete)
Shiro - Deadman Wonderland (0% complete)

The Untold Stories of a Dreamer
Ethereal Whisper Photography
ChocoboxDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2012, 12:01 AM   #155
NatsukoHirose
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphex View Post
Not a lot of my friends cosplay but they think it's cool. One of my "friends" (I don't talk to this person anymore) told me one day that coslaying is idiotic and I can't cosplay because I'm short. (Around 5.1). She even told me one time that I can't cosplay as guy characters because I'm a girl. (I'm pretty sure she doesn't know what crossplaying is). So, what do your friends think about cosplaying?
Most of my friends think it's cool but they have no intention to have a try. I think you can ignore what she has said and even though you are a girl, you can try crossplay, you can do it!
NatsukoHirose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2012, 12:04 AM   #156
NatsukoHirose
Banned

Quote:

I agree with you, I think we have no need to care their opinions on it. they have the freedom to hate it and I have the right to love it. But we can still be good friends.
Unread 12-04-2012, 12:05 AM   #157
NatsukoHirose
Banned

Quote:

I agree with you, I think we have no need to care their opinions on it. they have the freedom to hate it and I have the right to love it. But we can still be good friends.
Unread 12-04-2012, 01:02 AM   #158
Julesie

Well, most of my friends I met at conventions so they already know and do it themselves.

The other friend, she has no idea I even do it as I don't post it on my FB account. I can imagine she would think its weird as she hates anime from my obsession with Dragon Ball Z as a kid.
Julesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2012, 04:52 AM   #159
starnes82

i have a few friends, family, and co workers that give me a hard time about me getting into cosplaying,they keep telling me i need to "grow up."
starnes82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2012, 07:59 AM   #160
Ithlia
Row row fight the powa

Most of my friends cosplay themselves, so I don't really have this issue. However, I do have some friends from college that think it is really interesting. In fact, one of my friends from college wants to get into cosplay.

I mean, overall your friends should just accept you for who you are. If they have an issue with you cosplaying, they should overlook it and not have it ruin your friendship. Honestly, if they don't accept you cosplaying and can't deal with it...they shouldn't even be considered a friend. Real friends would accept you for who you are and let you do things that you enjoy (unless it is a danger to yourself, but cosplay isn't a danger XD).

Cosplay Plans:
-Ada Wong (Resident Evil 4)
-Jill Valentine (Resident Evil 5)
-Ada Wong (Resident Evil 6)
-Sonya Blade (Mortal Kombat 9)
-Felicia (Darkstalkers - for Otakon 2014)

My Facebook Page:Facebook.com/IthliaOfficial
My DeviantArt:DeviantArt
My Tumblr:Tumblr
Ithlia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 02:32 AM   #161
starnes82

yeah, i just started to cosplay this year too.

Last edited by starnes82 : 12-05-2012 at 02:48 AM. Reason: already posted
starnes82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 03:01 AM   #162
FireInMyEyes
Native American Overlord

Most think I'm a freaking weirdo, but I've always been the weirdo around school so doesn't make a difference. They do admit to it being cool once I show them the finished product. I usually do more school girlish stuff, but I'm going to be doing Dawn from Pokemon and Ciel from Black Butler so I suspect they are going to be blown away.

My family, eh... My dad doesn't care, as long as I'm not smoking. My sister wants me to make her school girl outfits. And my mom is just excited that I'm putting my sewing machine to good use. Said I could go to Anime Expo if I could make a cool costume!
FireInMyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 03:05 AM   #163
PK.love

I don't tell my friends about cosplaying that wouldn't show an interest in it, really. The only time I do is if I get tagged in something on Facebook and they question it. Generally I just get comments that it is weird or cute.

Most of my closer friends do actually cosplay already! Also ever since I made some friends in an anime club at my college, I met more cosplayers to hang out with. Sadly though I do get some rude comments from them since I tend to dress as males. Apparently they still don't understand that and some of their comments actually hurt haha. Ironic since I would think cosplaying friends would understand more than people who don't even know what cosplaying is.
PK.love is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #164
Maurishio-kun
You can call me Mau

The only one I know who hates cosplay is my older brother, he says all cosplayers are attention seeking whores Thankfully my friends and rest of my relatives are OK with cosplay.

CURRENT COSPLAYS

Takuto (Full Moon wo Sagashite) 25%
Takato (Digimon Tamers) 50%
Leo (Barra / SuperCracks (Original) 45%

"There are only two things in this world that you can't change: The star we orbit and my opinion about adults"

-Annonymous-
Maurishio-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 11:06 PM   #165
kendraduck09

I made a new friend this year who's cosplayed before. Not very often, but at least I have someone to talk to about it. The rest of my friends listen, but I can tell they have no idea what I'm talking about. Except they think my wigs are cool, so I guess that counts for something...
Noiz (DRAMAtical Murder)

Going to Setsucon 2014, Katsucon 2014, Zenkaikon 2014, and Otakon 2014

~ Tumblr ~ Cosplay Facebook ~ List of Cosplays ~

kendraduck09 is offline   Reply With Quote