Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #31
Akahime
Red Princess

Dropped my DSLR on cement (even though it was on my lap and only less than a foot up on the ground). YEAH. My WORST nightmare. Dx
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicaä (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #32
tardismuch

Fanexpo

so everything was great, i was going with friends, we had advanced tickets and everything.
and then we lost our tickets on the ttc.
and we spent 6 hours in the line to pay.
and it was my first time to fanexpo.
and we didnt get in.
tardismuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #33
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

I seriously sprained my ankle a week before the con. Didn't listen to the doc and walked on it all weekend (was suppose to keep off it for at least 2 weeks), ended up taking longer to heal (we're talking several months).

Last year my brother broke his arm, ironically a week before the con. So I had to listen to him complain how hot he was and how uncomfortable he was with the cast allllllllll weekend long.... I even made him drive which was another complaint in itself... I paid for his ticket.... -.-

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 11:11 PM   #34
Mokmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akahime View Post
Dropped my DSLR on cement (even though it was on my lap and only less than a foot up on the ground). YEAH. My WORST nightmare. Dx
This one is scary. Seriously...
Mokmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 11:15 AM   #35
Akahime
Red Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokmo View Post
This one is scary. Seriously...
Dx omg, it was super scary! I thought I was going to cry and just die of a heart attack. I was beating myself up for most of that day.

I also forgot to mention that it only took black pictures afterwards. I have yet to send it in and get it fixed. D: Very soon though. Very soon hopefully.
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicaä (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 01:11 AM   #36
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

Nothing extremely bad really, but I blacked out at my first con.
It was in September, in Dallas and my costume was several layers, with a coat and very hot. I, being smart, didn't eat or drink any water at all that day. It wasn't anything too major, I don't think the people I was with even noticed.
I also wore 6" heels the whole con weekend, ans it was my first time wearing heels. I could not walk at all for the next couple days, my feet were so swollen.

Daughter of White-Haku (Vocaloid)
KennyCiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 01:37 AM   #37
Bm-Atticus
Cumberpunch Cosplay!

In 2010, I had back surgery on my back about a week and a half before Fanime. Nothing major but it left me unable to walk without a noticeable limp/shuffle. I also had my Ezio cosplay from Assassin's Creed. So I grabbed that, my Pedobear costume and drove with my friends from San Diego all the way to San Jose (My back was not happy, but it was still functional.)

First day of the Con, I shuffle around as Ezio, get lots of compliments and requests for pictures. Then we decided to get food across the street. As we're crossing the courtyard in the front, I thought I saw something out of the corner of my eye, but with my hood up, I might as well have been wearing blinders. I hear the sound of running, but I ignore it. It's a con, people are excited. But it gets louder. And closer.

Next thing I know I'm on the ground with the wind knocked out of me and my back feeling like it was on FIRE. It was this girl who was dressed up like some Left 4 Dead thing who decided to randomly tackle hug me. She bailed the moment I started yelling at her.

Day 2, I decide to take it easy and put on Pedobear. Easy costume and lots of potential for fun. Someone dressed up as a giant pink bunny finds me and we mess around until he has to go. As a goodbye he gives me a friendly slap on the back.

So now I'm crawling towards the nearest wall, willing the pain away. I take of my head and my gloves so I can read a manga while I recover. Less then a minute after, two girls come up, demanding that I put on all my gear and molest them.

I probably could have been a little more polite in hindsight, but at least they got message.

Once I finally go home I was pretty much bedridden for another two weeks. Worth it? Jury's still out on that one.
Bm-Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 02:15 AM   #38
Falclon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa Gohan View Post
Finished my sword right before the con, decided to do a quick coat of topcoat gloss. My boyfreidn put it on the roof of the car to finish drying

So we get on the freeway, and we all look at each other and ask...where is the sword?

Yes, it was left on the top of the car and we drove off. Thankfully I already saw the humor in it when it happened. Later one of my friends saw it in the driveway, mostly in one piece. Thankfully I found out later that it doesn't meet con weapons requirements...so I was totally non heartbroken.

LESSON: DO NOT PUT CRAP ON TOP OF CAR>
This reminds me of what happened to my friend last con. He made a giant cardboard star and they just tucked it under the rack on the roof of the car. I repeatedly told them to tie it down but they didn't listen. So we're driving along and it's really early and the highway is empty since we were headed to another city and decided to get up and leave before the sun was even up (awful). We heard this odd popping noise but all of us ignored it. Then when we got to a rest stop, I was the first one out of the car and I looked at the top of the car and saw the corner of the star. That's it. The corner was all that was left. We figure that it flew off with that popping noise. Lesson from this: When putting crap on top of car, LISTEN TO THE PERSON TELLING YOU TO STRAP IT DOWN. Luckily he wasn't too upset and since the highway was empty we didn't hit anyone with it. Though I would be the first to say they were being idiots by not using straps.
Unread 12-09-2012, 10:11 PM   #39
naru chan

this year at anime use i went as trickster jade well it wasn't the best cosplay i ever (going to remake it soon or a latter) so i had candy to give out to people from halloween i thought it would be a great idea cause a lot people like free stuff and it was food. so i went around all day with a candy bucket and i come to find out latter that day, that someone had been leaving thrash in my bucket and a nice cosplayer pointed it out for me and me and my friend had to go into the bucket and take out all the thrash that people had left into the bucket. i'm going to give out candy again at katuson this and hope that people won't do that again cause it really doesn't make me wanna give out candy again.
naru chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 03:50 AM   #40
AnimeAndMusical

At my first proper con I had the misfortune of losing my wig and only realising it was missing an hour or so before it began, so I had to go around the con with my normal hair that is literally the opposite colour of the character I was cosplaying (and as an added bonus of annoyance, I still haven't found it).
AnimeAndMusical is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 04:55 AM   #41
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falclon View Post
This reminds me of what happened to my friend last con. He made a giant cardboard star and they just tucked it under the rack on the roof of the car. I repeatedly told them to tie it down but they didn't listen. So we're driving along and it's really early and the highway is empty since we were headed to another city and decided to get up and leave before the sun was even up (awful). We heard this odd popping noise but all of us ignored it. Then when we got to a rest stop, I was the first one out of the car and I looked at the top of the car and saw the corner of the star. That's it. The corner was all that was left. We figure that it flew off with that popping noise. Lesson from this: When putting crap on top of car, LISTEN TO THE PERSON TELLING YOU TO STRAP IT DOWN. Luckily he wasn't too upset and since the highway was empty we didn't hit anyone with it. Though I would be the first to say they were being idiots by not using straps.
I don't know why but this made me laugh IRL. xD

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Luxray (gijinka) - Pokémon

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Oulun animeseminaari (8-9 August 2014)
FRI Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SAT ???
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 06:56 AM   #42
HufflepuffLove_

Oh I have a couple!
I'll leave out the details though
At MCM London Expo in May 2012, I got whipped by a stranger and am now scarred.
At MCM London Expo in October 2012, a friend got drunk and high and passed out. Paramedics were called, and she spent the night in hospital.
Casual!France (Hetalia)

Planned cosplays:
2p!France (Hetalia)
Military uniform France (Hetalia)
HufflepuffLove_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #43
shonen_jidai
Ganbatte minasai!

This doesn't quite reach the pain and agony of the above posts, but here goes... Drove 700 miles from Chicago to Atlanta for Dragon*Con, an extra 100 or so due to getting lost. Check into hotel. Yay Nerdi-gras! Discover my driver's license had expired two weeks ago. I was the oldest underage person at Dragon*Con. Drove back home very very slowly...
parent's guide
shonen_jidai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #44
ChillyCircle

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonen_jidai View Post
This doesn't quite reach the pain and agony of the above posts, but here goes... Drove 700 miles from Chicago to Atlanta for Dragon*Con, an extra 100 or so due to getting lost. Check into hotel. Yay Nerdi-gras! Discover my driver's license had expired two weeks ago. I was the oldest underage person at Dragon*Con. Drove back home very very slowly...
So you didn't get to go after all that?
ChillyCircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 12:11 AM   #45
Julesie

This one ended up with a happy story but, whilst on Holiday in America, I went to Phoenix Comicon. On the second day I bought myself a sandwich and went to sit down. I needed my purse to put something back or whatever and I couldn't find it anywhere. I ran over to the food stall where I'd gotten my food, looked around, searched, checked the cup area, asked if the workers had seen it. No sign. I started to really freak out. I was in another country and my purse with all my money and cards was missing. Luckily, I had for some reason, placed it in my cosplay coat pocket. I usually only keep my phone and my cosplay gloves in there but had done it without thinking. I was extremely relieved.
Julesie is offline   Reply With Quote