Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 586 votes, 4.94 average.
Unread 12-07-2012, 04:26 AM   #19786
Tigress

Ugh. I feel you on the being able to find stuff. When I was making my Sarah cosplay, I wanted to buy a pair of plain modest white heels. I had to go to no less than FOUR different stores to find a pair white heels that weren't 1) ankle-breakingly high; 2) covered in stupid decorations or 3) making my wallet cry. I finally found a pair at a local overstock store for $20.

The whole time, I was going: WTF? It's SPRING! White heels are in season!

And this Christmas, I bought another pair of plain white heels at Payless while looking for something else. Just because they were there and I knew I wouldn't find them again when I wore out my current ones. *sulk*

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-07-2012, 05:24 AM   #19787
Viveeh
mango puff

I just can't get myself to work on Allen because I have to do a ton of buttonholes, and just the thought of it frightens me. DX
Calne Ca human ver.
Prince Alphie

Support me
My Instagram
Viveeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 01:34 PM   #19788
ChocoboxDreamer
Master Derper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dx7879 View Post
Things breaking on you at cons suck! I had my sandal strap completely break on me at a recent con. Too much running around in them :/ Luckily I expected them to break eventually, and had another pair in the car
I second this. I had something break on me at AWA and I wasn't able to fix it until after the con when I returned home. I need to remember to start bringing super glue with me to cons in case something like that happens again.
Tutankhamun - Eiyuu Senki (0% complete)

The Untold Stories of a Dreamer
Ethereal Whisper Photography
ChocoboxDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2012, 01:59 PM   #19789
ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigress View Post
Ugh. I feel you on the being able to find stuff. When I was making my Sarah cosplay, I wanted to buy a pair of plain modest white heels. I had to go to no less than FOUR different stores to find a pair white heels that weren't 1) ankle-breakingly high; 2) covered in stupid decorations or 3) making my wallet cry. I finally found a pair at a local overstock store for $20.

The whole time, I was going: WTF? It's SPRING! White heels are in season!

And this Christmas, I bought another pair of plain white heels at Payless while looking for something else. Just because they were there and I knew I wouldn't find them again when I wore out my current ones. *sulk*
Joke's on you. Broken ankles are always in season.

Seriously, though, it's always so hard to find basic stuff. I was recently looking for some black shin-height boots with a low heel, and everything everywhere was coated in zippers and studs and accent pieces. In the end I just went with the ankle breakers.

facebook page // nh cosplay events

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Constructing : Soren, Absol gijinka
Upgrading : Zexion (wig), Cloud (wig and armor)
ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 06:35 AM   #19790
pinkkiller

Cosplay pet peeve of the day: Not being able to buy the supplies from vendors others recommend because I live in a different country.

Seriously it seems freaking impossible to get the right kind of EVA foam here...
pinkkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 06:39 PM   #19791
jukebox
made you look.

People selling wigs and other supplies with mark-ups from the original cost.

Seriously, has anyone else noticed that the Marketplace forum has at least 2-3 people trying to sell second-hand/used Arda wigs for more than what the website prices them as? :/
Unread 12-11-2012, 08:14 PM   #19792
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

That no online fabric seller takes paypal.

I don't understand why ether... maybe I'm just not looking hard enough or something.
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 06:21 AM   #19793
Tigress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedaname9 View Post
That no online fabric seller takes paypal.

I don't understand why ether... maybe I'm just not looking hard enough or something.
Fabric.com takes PayPal.

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 06:55 AM   #19794
CaptainLiney
call me space cheeto

When I cut my hair just to find out a month later I could've used it for a formal meetup, but now without it my options with the wigs I own are to do a crack-pairing with my date or prepare to brolita it up. Probably going to do the latter, actually.
CaptainLiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 12:32 PM   #19795
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigress View Post
Fabric.com takes PayPal.
... They do!? That was like the first place I tried! Gur stupid internet. I'm gonna go buy my fabric now...
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 04:25 PM   #19796
cactusmomma
Let's play!

This has probably been stated many times before.. but please, PLEASE take out your facial piercings before wearing a cosplay if it does not specifically call for them. It's really unsightly to see a super meek/innocent/quiet character have snakebites in..
The thing about glitter is, if you get on you, be prepared to have it on you forever..cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies..like 'Damn, here comes the sun. flare up!' -Dimitri Martin
cactusmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #19797
MaryWesker
MissMaryWesker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusmomma View Post
This has probably been stated many times before.. but please, PLEASE take out your facial piercings before wearing a cosplay if it does not specifically call for them. It's really unsightly to see a super meek/innocent/quiet character have snakebites in..
Well you wouldn't like me then, I always leave my earrings and lip ring in; it's too much struggle to bring pliers to open a seamless ring everyday and too easy to lose earring backs. I've yet to get any complaints though.

I've got very few peeves in general, especially with how someone chooses to wear their costumes. It's all about fun for me.
Richard Trager - Outlast
Bishop - Assassin's Creed Syndicate
Juli Kidman - The Evil Within
Mary Shepherd-Sunderland - Silent Hill 2
Alice Abernathy - Resident Evil The Final Chapter
DeviantArt
Tumblr
MaryWesker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #19798
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusmomma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryWesker View Post
Well you wouldn't like me then, I always leave my earrings and lip ring in; it's too much struggle to bring pliers to open a seamless ring everyday and too easy to lose earring backs. I've yet to get any complaints though.

Sometimes people leave them on because they just got them done and if they take them out the holes will close

W.I.P:
Holiday Sailor Moon- NoFlutter
Princess Hilda - LOZ:ALBW
Historically Accurate Tiana - Princess and the Frog
Goddess Vaporeon - Pokemon
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #19799
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Cosplayers who are bullies and/or are hypercritical of other cosplayers for sport. It poisons the community.

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
Get your membership today!
www.costumecon32.com
Kaijugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #19800
MaryWesker
MissMaryWesker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijugal View Post
Cosplayers who are bullies and/or are hypercritical of other cosplayers for sport. It poisons the community.
I'll admit, this is a peeve of mine. A BIG one. I'll never understand why some people do that.
Richard Trager - Outlast
Bishop - Assassin's Creed Syndicate
Juli Kidman - The Evil Within
Mary Shepherd-Sunderland - Silent Hill 2
Alice Abernathy - Resident Evil The Final Chapter
DeviantArt
Tumblr
MaryWesker is offline   Reply With Quote