Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Marketplace > Archived Marketplace Forums

 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Unread 12-06-2012, 11:44 PM   #1
Amaya
Ovarian Cancer Survivor
 
Amaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 503
Paypal Invoice Help

Hey everyone!

I figured they this would be the best place to ask for help, since I'm sure most of us Marketplace users use Paypal in one way or another.

Okay, so almost 2 months ago I sold a costume on the Marketplace. The buyer didn't want insurance so I shipped the package out with only a delivery confirmation for my protection. I checked in on the package two weeks later with the tracking number and the status of the package said "delivered". Since I knew it got there safely, I threw away the delivery confirmation, and thus the tracking number.

Fast forward to almost two months later, and I receive a PM from the member who bought the costume, claiming she had never received it. I explained to her that I knew the package had been delivered due to the tracking number. She still said she never received it. Since I threw the delivery confirmation away, I no longer have the tracking number to double check and see where the package was/is.

The member believes the package might have been lost in the craziness of Sandy, since she resides in New York. She asked me to send her the invoices of the payments she made (she made 3 separate payments for a payment plan). She plans on showing them to the post office and try to get a reimbursement for the package. However, I have no idea how to do this. I know how to send a refund and print off a statement of my monthly transactions, but that has all my account activity on it, and I only need the invoices for her 3 payments. When I click on her specific transactions, it only gives me the payment details and the option to give a refund. I ONLY need the information from her payments to send her the invoices to her email.

Sooooo...does anyone know how to download/send single invoices or receipts for the payments?
Could this problem be because the payments are almost two months old so its too late to send an invoice?

If someone could give step by step instructions on how to do this, I would greatly appreciate it! I'm still kind of a "newb" at paypal.

Thank you to anyone who can help!
__________________

Please check out my Facebook page!
https://www.facebook.com/nightraincosplay


Cinncinnati Comic Con

Megaman/Bass Crossover (Megaman Battle Network)-0%
Asuka Plugsuit (Evangelion 3.33)- 100%
Black Widow (The Avengers)- 100%
Baby Doll (Sucker Punch)- 60%

Last edited by Amaya : 12-06-2012 at 11:47 PM.
Amaya is offline  
 
Unread 12-07-2012, 12:06 AM   #2
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.
 
Mykaios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,227
You can either take a screen shot or print out the information from the websource. As for the tracking number...did you ever give her the tracking number (because you should have) and should have it in email records or something? Also, she should be able to look up her own transactions, sent or received and print them out herself.

We're currently having a problem with some packages saying that they're delivered, but...apparently not to our current address even though we have mail forwarding. Luckily Rightstuf will probably be able to track or resend orders but i know when we called the post office all they said was that they were delivered and that's it -_-;
Mykaios is offline  
Unread 12-07-2012, 12:25 AM   #3
Amaya
Ovarian Cancer Survivor
 
Amaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykaios View Post
You can either take a screen shot or print out the information from the websource. As for the tracking number...did you ever give her the tracking number (because you should have) and should have it in email records or something? Also, she should be able to look up her own transactions, sent or received and print them out herself.

We're currently having a problem with some packages saying that they're delivered, but...apparently not to our current address even though we have mail forwarding. Luckily Rightstuf will probably be able to track or resend orders but i know when we called the post office all they said was that they were delivered and that's it -_-;
I actually never sent her the tracking number, which I do feel horrible about (so there are no email records of it). It was a hectic week for me and had completely forgotten I hadn't given her the number. By the time I remembered and checked the package status online, it had already been delivered, so at that point I didn't feel the need to send it to her.I just bought it for my own protection.

I also know she can look up her own records, so I'm not exactly sure why she wants me to send them to her....I'm assuming she is having trouble pulling them up on her account. I honestly don't know since she didn't give much details.

I will probably just use a screen shot. It would probably be the easiest way. Would you mind explaining to me how to take one (I'm sooo computer illiterate....)

I have actually had the SAME exact problem with a package I ordered recently. According to the USPS site, the package was delivered to my house. But it never was. I searched everywhere around the outside of my house to see if it had been sat in an odd place. But nothing. I went to the post office and raised hell, I was so angry. But they told me there was nothing they could do. I can only assume the package was delivered to the wrong house without the carrier realizing it and marking it as delivered. I think this is what may have happened to this buyer.
__________________

Please check out my Facebook page!
https://www.facebook.com/nightraincosplay


Cinncinnati Comic Con

Megaman/Bass Crossover (Megaman Battle Network)-0%
Asuka Plugsuit (Evangelion 3.33)- 100%
Black Widow (The Avengers)- 100%
Baby Doll (Sucker Punch)- 60%

Last edited by Amaya : 12-07-2012 at 12:29 AM.
Amaya is offline  
Unread 12-07-2012, 12:31 AM   #4
usuyukisou
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 773
Do you clear your cookies on your browser often? If you don't, you can begin typing in the usps url and you might see a url like this in your history:

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...XXXXXXXXXXX X

with the X's being the tracking number.
__________________
RIP CosRevo, Love Laugh, Sweety Pop, Cocosilver.
usuyukisou is offline  
Unread 12-07-2012, 12:33 AM   #5
Amaya
Ovarian Cancer Survivor
 
Amaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuyukisou View Post
Do you clear your cookies on your browser often? If you don't, you can begin typing in the usps url and you might see a url like this in your history:

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...XXXXXXXXXXX X

with the X's being the tracking number.
OMG! Thank you for this! I really didn't think about that! I will have to go REALLY REALLY far back but its worth a shot!

However, it may not help much since the status of the package will still state it is "delivered"
But thanks so much anyway!
__________________

Please check out my Facebook page!
https://www.facebook.com/nightraincosplay


Cinncinnati Comic Con

Megaman/Bass Crossover (Megaman Battle Network)-0%
Asuka Plugsuit (Evangelion 3.33)- 100%
Black Widow (The Avengers)- 100%
Baby Doll (Sucker Punch)- 60%

Last edited by Amaya : 12-07-2012 at 12:41 AM.
Amaya is offline  
Unread 12-07-2012, 02:19 AM   #6
LinkandZelda
Aussie Cosplayer
 
LinkandZelda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 257
I have had the same problem One as a seller and one as a buyer sometimes parcels don't get scanned when I brought from dream hunter wonderful dress she's a good seller we just didn't know if the package had arrived due to the slackness of the postal staff not scanning it when it hit aussie shores I only found out it was in Australia when I received it also the postal service when I asked them to send a package by air the morons sent it by sea I had the buyer saying I ripped them off I checked with the postal service and they said shed get it this month sometime as it takes 3 months buy sea I was like what I asked it to be sent air so sometimes the postal service messes up but if the package number said its been delivered it should have been One suggestion if you have a paypal recipt show that to your post office they might be able to help as if they brought it you would have sent it
LinkandZelda is offline  
Unread 12-07-2012, 05:38 AM   #7
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake
 
angelbabycakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 811
I would suggest calling them at the least. I had a scammer tell me she sent a package, but did not provide tracking. People on the phone were able to tell me that no packages were in route to be delivered to me. All I had was my address and phone number. I can't remember now if it was USPS, or UPS, but worth a shot! Also, you should consider making an account on USPS. It will keep track of all your stuff there. Best of luck!
angelbabycakes is offline  
Unread 12-07-2012, 07:21 AM   #8
Sailor Steve
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbabycakes View Post
I would suggest calling them at the least. I had a scammer tell me she sent a package, but did not provide tracking. People on the phone were able to tell me that no packages were in route to be delivered to me. All I had was my address and phone number. I can't remember now if it was USPS, or UPS, but worth a shot! Also, you should consider making an account on USPS. It will keep track of all your stuff there. Best of luck!
Just wondering if you think this would work with all postal services?
You know what situation I'm in and I've been told that the package has been shipped to me and I was wondering if this could be used to verify that?
Sailor Steve is offline  
Unread 12-07-2012, 07:24 AM   #9
Sailor Steve
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaya View Post
I actually never sent her the tracking number, which I do feel horrible about (so there are no email records of it). It was a hectic week for me and had completely forgotten I hadn't given her the number. By the time I remembered and checked the package status online, it had already been delivered, so at that point I didn't feel the need to send it to her.I just bought it for my own protection.

I also know she can look up her own records, so I'm not exactly sure why she wants me to send them to her....I'm assuming she is having trouble pulling them up on her account. I honestly don't know since she didn't give much details.

I will probably just use a screen shot. It would probably be the easiest way. Would you mind explaining to me how to take one (I'm sooo computer illiterate....)

I have actually had the SAME exact problem with a package I ordered recently. According to the USPS site, the package was delivered to my house. But it never was. I searched everywhere around the outside of my house to see if it had been sat in an odd place. But nothing. I went to the post office and raised hell, I was so angry. But they told me there was nothing they could do. I can only assume the package was delivered to the wrong house without the carrier realizing it and marking it as delivered. I think this is what may have happened to this buyer.
To take a screen shot, have the page you want on screen then hit the key which says 'prntScr' or something similar.
Then go to something like Word where you can use Paste (Ctrl+V) to make it appear.
Hopefully this works as it's what I do on my computer!
Sailor Steve is offline  
Unread 12-08-2012, 12:44 AM   #10
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake
 
angelbabycakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Just wondering if you think this would work with all postal services?
You know what situation I'm in and I've been told that the package has been shipped to me and I was wondering if this could be used to verify that?
It's possible. It couldn't hurt to try!
angelbabycakes is offline  
Unread 12-09-2012, 11:27 AM   #11
Sweet Loretta
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 219
Aside from PayPal if you plan to sell items I suggest you sign up with the United States Postal Service and get an online account. You can do all your labels, print them off and pay for them online. The account keeps an activity history. All the tracking information is online and can be easily accessed as needed.

When make out the label you can have both you and the customer sent tracking notifications. When the USPS ships they send an email to your customer and you, both of you can tack the package. And you can keep addresses online too.

You can ship priority flat rate and the post office supplies the boxes and envelopes free.
If you use you own packaging you do need to enter the weight and sometimes box size.

I ship several packages a day, in the rare case when USPS drops the ball - you are at their mercy. That package may never be found and without tracking numbers USPS can do nothing. USPS can not tell you if any mail is on route. UPS and FedEX often can.

Good Luck, I am sorry your in this position. If you are becoming a regular sell, as you've learned record keeping is a must. Not just for billing and tracking but legally overall you need to keep records. The USPS and PayPal online records are very good tools, but still only one source of record keeping.
__________________
Sweet Loretta

Face and Body Artist
www.sweet-loretta.com

Face and Body Art Makeup & Supplies
The Painted Navel : Extreme Makeup FX
www.extrememakeupfx.com
Mort's Morgue & FX Emporium
http://mortsmorgue.com
Sweet Loretta is offline  
Unread 12-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #12
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.
 
Mykaios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,227
The thing with the post office, is that they can't pinpoint the exact house mail with services like delivery confirmation has been delivered to. =\ All they can tell you over the phone is that is was delivered -same if you look it up online.
Mykaios is offline  
Unread 12-10-2012, 06:56 PM   #13
Amaya
Ovarian Cancer Survivor
 
Amaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykaios View Post
The thing with the post office, is that they can't pinpoint the exact house mail with services like delivery confirmation has been delivered to. =\ All they can tell you over the phone is that is was delivered -same if you look it up online.
Yup. This is true. This is my current problem...
__________________

Please check out my Facebook page!
https://www.facebook.com/nightraincosplay


Cinncinnati Comic Con

Megaman/Bass Crossover (Megaman Battle Network)-0%
Asuka Plugsuit (Evangelion 3.33)- 100%
Black Widow (The Avengers)- 100%
Baby Doll (Sucker Punch)- 60%
Amaya is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.