Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3824 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-07-2012, 10:52 AM   #60586
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
How do you even take up two theater seats? All the ones here have a big armrest in between them, that sounds hella uncomfortable. Did she have her knees over the armrest? That still sounds uncomfortable, you'd have your back wedged up against another armrest.

This is to say nothing of the meowing.

Man, I give thanks every morning that I am one day further away from my teenage years.
She pushed the arm rest between two of the seats up, and was sitting sideways on the chairs with her back against the side of her boyfriend. Usually in the theaters I'll push the arm rest up between Brando and I so I can lean against him but I am not taking up to fucking seats and putting my feet up like it's a sofa :|
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #60587
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Well, I'm doing it, I'm buying a hella expensive pair of snow boots because they're both awesome AND practical. I'm just going to check around the mall first to see if I can find the same brand cheaper than the store I saw them in (said store being a small downtown boutique. Aka, crazy overpriced which is apparently justified because, yannow, omg, DOWNTOWN and everything's fancy and they milk tons off of clueless tourists.)
Bye bye, $0 balance on my Visa card. It was fun while it lasted. This and a woodbaby owl's going to set me back a while.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #60588
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
She pushed the arm rest between two of the seats up, and was sitting sideways on the chairs with her back against the side of her boyfriend. Usually in the theaters I'll push the arm rest up between Brando and I so I can lean against him but I am not taking up to fucking seats and putting my feet up like it's a sofa :|
Oh, see, our armrests are stationary, you can't usually move them.

I have a serious peeve when people put their feet up in theaters. They're gross and dirty enough without you wiping your filthy shoes all over the place.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 10:58 AM   #60589
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Oh, see, our armrests are stationary, you can't usually move them.

I have a serious peeve when people put their feet up in theaters. They're gross and dirty enough without you wiping your filthy shoes all over the place.
I tend to put my foot up on the back of the armrest in front of me if no one is sitting in the isle in front of me. I don't like..drape my legs over the chairs or something, it's just I am really short and sitting with my legs down and feet flat is kinda hard if the chairs are too high .__.

GOD PENNY. CHECK YOUR HEIGHT PRIVILEGES.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 12-07-2012, 11:01 AM   #60590
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
I tend to put my foot up on the back of the armrest in front of me if no one is sitting in the isle in front of me. I don't like..drape my legs over the chairs or something, it's just I am really short and sitting with my legs down and feet flat is kinda hard if the chairs are too high .__.

GOD PENNY. CHECK YOUR HEIGHT PRIVILEGES.
In some of my theatres that are stadium seated, the first row for the stadium seats usually has a bar in front of it. I pick that row so i can put my feet on there.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #60591
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
In some of my theatres that are stadium seated, the first row for the stadium seats usually has a bar in front of it. I pick that row so i can put my feet on there.
Gross. I'm judging you.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
Unread 12-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #60592
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Gross. I'm judging you.
Nobody sits on the bar!
Unread 12-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #60593
Lithium Flower
Handphones

And nobody sits on the 3 inch wide hinge back of the arm rest!
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 12-07-2012, 11:19 AM   #60594
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieSundae View Post
Nobody sits on the bar!
Quote:
And nobody sits on the 3 inch wide hinge back of the arm rest!
I'm pretty sure people put their hands there. Then they put their hands in their popcorn. Then they touch the doors and use the bathroom. Nasty.
Unread 12-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #60595
Akahime
Red Princess

I think to solve the problem of fear of germs or dirtiness is to create either a truce with the germs or an alliance. Or maybe even becoming one with them might be a good idea. This might be the secret to fighting the flu!!!!! Just saying.

That or constantly living in fear.
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicaš (Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #60596
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
I'm pretty sure people put their hands there. Then they put their hands in their popcorn. Then they touch the doors and use the bathroom. Nasty.
Well that's there fault for touching the METAL THAT HOLDS ALL THE GERMS THAT NO ONE CLEANS. I never touch that gross ass bar because I know people don't wash their hands after wiping sometimes.
Unread 12-07-2012, 11:45 AM   #60597
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akahime View Post
I think to solve the problem of fear of germs or dirtiness is to create either a truce with the germs or an alliance. Or maybe even becoming one with them might be a good idea. This might be the secret to fighting the flu!!!!! Just saying.

That or constantly living in fear.
Part of this is that I work in a medical office, so obviously lots of hand-washing, disinfecting of surfaces, etc. is routine. I'm not really a giant germaphobe; at home we're much more casual about this stuff. It's not a matter of being fearful, but practical: in public spaces it pays to protect yourself from unfamiliar germs and respect other people enough to be sanitary. You never know when people who are immunocompromised or sensitive to infection are going to be in the same space you just were.
Unread 12-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #60598
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Find me one person who rubs their hand on the hinge of this thing and I will find you a person who's got touching issues.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 12-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #60599
Akahime
Red Princess

Quote:
Part of this is that I work in a medical office, so obviously lots of hand-washing, disinfecting of surfaces, etc. is routine. I'm not really a giant germaphobe; at home we're much more casual about this stuff. It's not a matter of being fearful, but practical: in public spaces it pays to protect yourself from unfamiliar germs and respect other people enough to be sanitary. You never know when people who are immunocompromised or sensitive to infection are going to be in the same space you just were.
Very true (as all work places, people should be washing their hands, hahaha). But there are germs everywhere really. Don't think you can stop it even in a public area or even at your home (since I'm pretty sure they're there too). There some kind of carelessness somewhere!

Just wanted to say something because I like putting my feet up on the theather seats when there is no one sitting on the seat in front of me. Hahaha. Not cunning or intelligent enough to debate about germs or whatnot. 8'3
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicaš (Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 12:04 PM   #60600
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I don't have an issue when people put their feet up on the seat in front of them when there's no one sitting there but I hate how EVERY TIME I see a movie there's a kid behind me that won't stop kicking my chair.

Visit my Facebook page!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote