Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1182 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-04-2012, 09:31 PM   #2581
HoudinisGirl

Rage Custom Creations / Carlos Blanchard

Name of Commissioner: Carlos Blanchard / Rage Custom Creations

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.facebook.com/ragecustomcreations

Character commissioned and series/video game: It was a "chesthugger" corset, basically a corset with one of the Facehuggers from the Aliens series attached.

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: I never received the item, BUT here is a picture of Yaya Han modeling it: http://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/wp-...esthugger1.jpg

Timeline: Ordered August 4, 2012, on the promise that it would take approximately 2-3 weeks to ship. As of December 4, 2012, I have not received the corset.

Pros, Cons: There are no pros to this transaction! The seller never acknowledged my order to begin with, even though I specifically stated I would like the corset before Labor Day so I could wear it to Dragon*Con. I sent an email about 2 weeks after purchase, asking if it would be done in time for D*C, and received a response saying no. I got one more email a month later apologizing for the delay and saying that they would give me a free "Xenomorph necklace" to make up for it. The only other contact I've seen was public postings on their Facebook page: one post said that there had been problems with the base corsets they ordered, and the second post was November 1st, when they said they would be finishing up the corsets within the week. It is a month after that post and I've received nothing- no response, no refund, no corset. Carlos Blanchard has dropped off the face of the earth.

Final Grade: F

Please note that Carlos is the cosplay director for Florida Super Con 2013. BE VERY CAREFUL! If he can scam five people out of $250 each with this corset, there's no telling what he's capable of.
HoudinisGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-07-2012, 12:27 PM   #2582
riathewolf

Name of Commissioner: Majestic Lunacy/Emily Putscher

Website/C.com gallery:http://majesticlunacy.deviantart.com/

Character commissioned and series/video game Talia Al Ghul - The Dark Knight Rises. I commissioned a partial costume of just her top in the final scenes of the movie.

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Here

Timeline: I started my communication with Emily in October and recieved my piece the first week of December. So just about two months for the whole process.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: Cons: Doing this first because frankly...I have none. This was my first commissioning experiance and I am tickled pink.

Pros: Emily was extremely professional and always responded to me quickly if I ever had a question. I contacted her originally hoping to commission a piece that could shrink as I do. I have been struggling with my weight for years and she assured me that since it was a wrap top she could do it free size and explained how I should style it. She gave me a fair price below the budget I had to work with and kept me informed where I was in her work list. I told her I needed the top by March but as you can see it came far sooner. I'm extremely happy with the quality and can't get over how comfortable it is to wear.

Final Grade: A+
riathewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 07:12 PM   #2583
Kanira
Non-Playable Character

Updated!
Kanira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2012, 01:47 AM   #2584
Miyzuki

Name of Commissioner: Cosplay House

Character Commissioned/Series: Final Fantasy XIII-2 Cosplay Prop -- Serah Bow Version 01

Link to Pictures of Commissioned Item:
http://www.cosplayhouse.com/Final-Fa...ersion-01.html
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

Turaround Time: It took about 5 weeks like the site said.

Pros: Its made of wood. I really like how well it looks.

Cons: It came in two boxes taped together and four dowel rods on the inside of the box. It would have been nice if it had came with instructions. My friend and I had to keep a picture of the bow up so we could figure out how to put it together.

Comments: It came out really nice. I don't have any complains except for the packaging that it came in and the lack of instructions on how to put it together since there were a lot of pieces that went to it. It took only took five weeks to get it from when i ordered it, which was exactly how long the site said it would take.

Final Grade: A
Unread 12-18-2012, 01:13 PM   #2585
Koto Azure

Commission by: blueangel17

Profile/Gallery:
blueangel17

Character: Sebastian Michaelis, Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji. I had his jacket and vest ordered.
Front
Back
Vest Front
Vest Back
Pose!

Review: I was on a very tight deadline, actually just a little over 30 days! I was very impressed that she was able to process everything, and even a few days to spare! The quality alone would have been worth waiting two or three times for.. The material is very nice, and very sturdy. It felt like quality work, not a flimsy costume I'd be afraid to stretch in. The color was spot on for the character too! The fit is perfect, and the vest is even a little adjustable. The buttons were just plain silver, though I'm sure if I had a longer deadline I could have requested more detailed ones.

All in all, she was a joy to work with! I never had to worry about getting a reply to any questions, and even after the hurricane had past she was able to send it out to me on such a short time. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a good quality costume! ♥

Final Grade
: A+!
Koto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #2586
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Name of Merchant: MicCostumes
Item purchased (please include quantity) http://www.miccostumes.com/Code_Geas...ss_35746p.html
Links to picture(s) of your received item: Check my gallery under Euphemia ^_^
Timeline (how long your order took to process) bought on Dec. 5 and arrived Dec. 17 (11 Days before deadline)
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: This was my first time getting a custom sized cosplay. I was worried it might be to small or too large due to being plus sized and hearing stories that overseas company's tend to mess up alot. The outfit came in four parts: Top,Bodice,Skirt, and Petticoat. All fit very well but the bodice tends to slide down but that can be fixed with tape and darts. Flowers on this are a bit too droopy so will have to fix them someway. I will be buying from them again as this experience was really great.

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)

Last edited by Rangiku12 : 01-18-2013 at 01:18 AM.
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2012, 04:59 PM   #2587
Wolfmeisterrr

Name of Commissioner: Mykaios

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/302825

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Fluttershy Wig.

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:Wig It is truly beautiful in person.

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Very, very fast it was done within a few weeks from the time I had inquired about it.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: Mykaios is by far one of the best commissioners I have ever worked with. She asked tons of questions to ensure you get the item you want. She is with you every step of the way. Even when USPS screwed up the delivery and it took longer than it should. Very quick communication and very easy to work with.

Final Grade: A+++
Wolfmeisterrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 02:25 PM   #2588
Hannuh
Princess Tofu

Name of Commissioner: Cowsrcute
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/208228/
Character commissioned and series/video game: Princess Shirahoshi from One Piece. I only comissioned the tail.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...psbf7bd72a.jpg and http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...ps387bc3cf.jpg
Timeline: About a little over 2 months.
Describe your Experience: She was very nice and very understanding. The made the price very reasonable as well. She always sent me photos and told me what she was doing every few weeks, which was great! I had accidentally gave her wrong measurements and she managed to fix them so easily and was very understanding about it. Everything looked great and it shipped over within three days. It was nicely packaged as well. I wish the flipper was better, but I honestly love it! If I ever need something like this again, I'll probably contact her again.
Final Grade: A++++
Hannuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #2589
Melancholy Wish
Tsundere

edit

Last edited by Melancholy Wish : 01-03-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Melancholy Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #2590
ecuadorianeyezz
I.M. the Art of the Dress

Name of Commissioner: Destiny’s Ending/Alanna Dawn
Website: www.destinysending.com, www.designsbyalanna.com, http://www.facebook.com/pages/Destinys-Ending
cosplay.com: DestinysEnding, http://www.cosplay.com/member/861
Character commissioned: FFX-2 Yuna
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
Timeline: Paid in August

Describe your experience. Pros, cons, comments:
I contacted Alanna after seeing an ad on CosCom and received a quick response. She was really sweet and after a few negotiations, we worked out a price. After paying in full, I was told that I would receive pictures soon. I've only received one picture, after tons of e-mails inquiring about progress. I was lenient with her because she said she was sick with a kidney infection. This is when things started getting weird. I did some research and saw a few weird complaints about her. I tried to keep positive, hoping I wouldn't have the same experience. She soon sent me a quote on shipping and like a dummy, I paid it. Soon it was a week before my con, and I sent her another e-mail, explaining that if I do not receive a shipping number or a refund, I will be contacting the bank. That's when it escalated and I recieved this email:

"I cannot afford to get online and check email on a DAILY basis or my facebook.
The last email I have just read a received was a threat which I do no take light of and is a serious business matter.
As I have been through with you before, due to my poor health lately there would be a slight delay, and as it is only a day after the requested due date, and it has only a couple of days since I have been able to respond, your threat seems very unreasonable.
I also cannot constantly take pictures or I would not get ANY work done, and I work on many orders at one time. Very sorry for that, but I must also work.
Being that I was still in the process of finishing up your side satchel I will just be giving a partial refund for it as you have already sent threats I don't want to wait a day longer than necessary to get this commission over and to you, so that I can complete this commission, and bring the tension to an end.
As I knew the convention was NOT for two more weeks, I was aware of the time needed to get it to you before the date and already charged for that shipping so I could give you the best quality, and have EVERYTHING done, allotting for my health issues and any delays as well.
After your last email I will be happy to send what is done out and will be issuing a partial refund so we can end this transaction and all stress. You will receive a tracking number on Monday.
Thank you for commissioning me and I hope you enjoy your costume."

I was appalled at her unprofessionalism and excuses. And after all that, I received no tracking number, but I received a package. What was in it looked nothing like the ONE progress picture she sent. The material was cheap and papery, and I was missing pieces. AND NONE of it fitted! And guess what? I never received the "partial refund" she promised. -___- I didn't even bother going further with her.

STAY AWAY at all costs. A lot is coming to light about this commissioner and I now take this as a lesson to start doing research before hiring someone. This was my first time commissioning someone and I must say....LESSON LEARNED.

Final grade: F

NEXT CON
Anime Weekend Atlanta 2014 (September 26-28)

PLANNED COSPLAYS
MLP:FiM Rainbow Dash: 100% complete
PaSwG School Uniform Stocking: 85% complete
Crossover Cosplay-ORG XIII Stocking (PaSwG/KH): 60% complete
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Sailor Mars: 65% complete

Last edited by ecuadorianeyezz : 02-21-2013 at 08:47 PM.
ecuadorianeyezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 11:12 PM   #2591
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Saw this company in the commissioner's list and not the Merchants, so I'm not sure which to put this on?

Name of Commissioner: ****This Website Link Has Been Removed due to Recent Forum Spam****

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.****This Website Link Has Been Removed due to Recent Forum Spam****.com/product/Ber...w ers+Hetalia

Character commissioned and series/video game: Sweden from Hetalia

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: None (read below)

Timeline: Decent took about 2 and a half weeks to get to me.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:

Con/Comments: The reason I couldn't take a picture is because it smelled horrible. I didn't even want to even take it out of the packaging. It looked like the picture with the exception of it being stained. Also, It was the wrong size. I'm in the process of trying the get it returned because of the problems with it.

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Photography Page Cosplay Page
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #2592
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Name of Merchant: kidsfashion10
Item purchased: 24" Long Cosplay Wig Straight 60cm Clip-on Ponytail (Black)
Links to picture(s) of your received item: -will add later-
Timeline: Ordered 4th December. Shipped 6th December. Arrived in country around 27th December. (I picked it up 4th January)
Describe your Experience: I have never ordered from this seller before and I was a little bit nervous because the price was cheaper than other sellers had on similar items and kidsfashion had free shipping too. I decided to give them a try after checking their feedback. The shipping took almost a month and it was the longest time I've ever had to wait for anything I've ordered.. except that one wig which got lost in the mail. Oh well, I didn't need it until late February so I wasn't in a rush. Luckily it then showed up and I went to pick it up. I was surprised that the package was a very small carboard box! It was extremely space effectively packaged lol. The ponytail clip-on is super soft and seems to be of great quality.. at a great price. It doesn't seem to be thin but not mega thick either. Also it isn't very shiny.
I'm a happy customer and would buy from them again! I'd just make sure to order way ahead the planned event just in case the shipping is slow again.

Final grade: A

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Tracon (13-14th September 2014)
SAT Hajime Saitō - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SUN Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan

Last edited by Blood_Sword : 01-06-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 11:08 PM   #2593
Shadowken

Name of Commissioner: Millions_Knives
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/71159
Character commissioned and series/video game: Crystal plasma sword of S4 League.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://leetsuruneru.deviantart.com/#/d5pnfx9
Pro: The sword came out really well and many people at the con liked it very much. A photographer even said while taking my picture "The best sword at the con". It felt great having people take my picture and compliment how great the sword looked.
Con: (This is more on the UPS's fault) Paint on the handles were chipped off but that was about it. The Sword also lights up but i think it didn't because the batteries were dying so i'll need to check that out in the future.

All in all this will be my last prop for the rest of the year (maybe) because its so well made i and others like it so i'll just change my cosplay but use the same prop.
Shadowken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 01:10 AM   #2594
ethicalpirate

Name of Commissioner: Mykaios / Fate Cosplay

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.facebook.com/Fate.cosplay

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Daryl Dixon Motorcycle Vest

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: N/A (don't have it)

Timeline (how long your order took to process): It's now been 7 months

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: I asked for the vest to be made by August 22nd, 2012. I needed for a convention. I was told this would NOT BE A PROBLEM. A week before the convention I emailed her and she said again, no problem. About a day before the event she said "oh sorry, looks like I can't get this to you in time" said something about at least I'll have it for Halloween (HAHAHAHA). At some point at got a $20.00 refund (I paid $60.00 AND send the pre-made vest). So now it's January and I still don't have the vest. I have a bunch of ridiculous emails with RIDICULOUS excuses and some of the WORST customer service I've ever seen. I'm more than willing to share if you'd like to see. And I can not get a direct answer when I ask when the vest is coming. I don't even want it anymore. I only needed it for the one convention, but she REFUSES to give me a full refund.

STAY AWAY LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!!

ethicalpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #2595
igothicrose
Gothic Girl

Name of Commissioner: elecroViolet

Website/C.com gallery: https://www.facebook.com/VioletCosplay#!/VioletCosplay

Character commissioned and series/video game Amy Sorel - Soul Calibur 4 (top, skirt and accessories)

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item http://i45.tinypic.com/2vd49kg.jpg

Timeline (how long your order took to process) 2 months

Pros:
First, the costume is sewn perfectly and looks great when worn (and fits perfectly), she is very good at everything she does, she takes care of every single detail, that is a quality that I appreciate very much.
Furthermore the fabric used is nice and does not look to be cheap, the result is very good!

She is friendly and helpful, and above all accurate, she always asked me how I wanted it every single detail to be made, responded to my messages very quickly and met my deadline

Cons: I can't find one

Comments. I highly recommend her to everyone!
I love the result!

Final Grade: A+
igothicrose is offline   Reply With Quote