Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 301 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 11-20-2012, 12:46 AM   #3706
Kawaii Pocky
I a shower, not a grower!

I was going to try out underworks just because they're a tad cheaper then tkingdom though I've heard good about both sites. I was wondering for underworks how you figure out your size? My chest is 40 in but I was looking at Akune-chan's post wondering how you figure out the average. Like you add your bust with your under bust, add them together, then find the average? I'm looking at this model of shirt, I heard the tri-top works well too but I wanted the longer shirt to flatten out my stomach a bit too.

http://www.underworks.com/988.html

What about the woman's tri top chest binder? I was bored and just looking through the website. Don't know how well it would work for larger chested women though.

http://www.underworks.com/bras/983.html

So I do I find the size/measurement the way that Akune-chan did? I finally wanted to try crossplaying so first of all I'll need a compression shirt. XD
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Akihiko Sanada - Persona 3 (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Yukiko Alt Color - Persona 3/Persona 4 Arena (planned)
Catherine - Catherine (planned)
Sebastian - Black Butler (planned)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)

Last edited by Kawaii Pocky : 11-20-2012 at 12:50 AM.
Kawaii Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-20-2012, 12:46 AM   #3707
Kawaii Pocky

Sorry if that sounded dumb and redundant. XD
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Unread 11-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #3708
Libis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii Pocky View Post
I was going to try out underworks just because they're a tad cheaper then tkingdom though I've heard good about both sites. I was wondering for underworks how you figure out your size? My chest is 40 in but I was looking at Akune-chan's post wondering how you figure out the average. Like you add your bust with your under bust, add them together, then find the average? I'm looking at this model of shirt, I heard the tri-top works well too but I wanted the longer shirt to flatten out my stomach a bit too.

http://www.underworks.com/988.html

What about the woman's tri top chest binder? I was bored and just looking through the website. Don't know how well it would work for larger chested women though.

http://www.underworks.com/bras/983.html

So I do I find the size/measurement the way that Akune-chan did? I finally wanted to try crossplaying so first of all I'll need a compression shirt. XD
After averaging the way you describe above, I then went up 2 or 3 sizes and bought the men's tri-top. It worked out well.
Libis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2012, 08:25 PM   #3709
Tiramisuki

Okay, so I've been shopping around for a new binder. The makeshift one I've been using (something along the lines of shapewear) really isn't cutting it anymore, so I decided to take the plunge and get myself a real binder.

The thing is, I don't know a whole lot about binders, so I'm not sure which one to choose. I looked through Underworks, but I got a little confused/overwhelmed by all of the options, especially since half of them look exactly the same. I bought a binder from there before, but it was too small/uncomfortable, so I had to return it. I think I may have just underestimated my bust size at the time.

Anyways, I'm just a 34B, so I don't need the same super compression as a D-cup, but sports bras aren't quite enough. My friend uses a full-length binder, which I appreciate, but I'd also like my options open so that I could show some stomach if I needed too without having to buy another new binder for that. However, I've heard that the really short binders can be uncomfortable because of the way they distribute pressure. (Is it possible to get a full-length chest binder, and fold the bottom half up to make it appear shorter, or would that be a bad idea?) I know T-kingdom has some shorter binders, but they're also quite pricey, and I am worried about a half-binder being uncomfortable. At this time, I am leaning towards a full-length binder just to keep it simple, but I would like to make an educated purchase.

Does anyone have any tips on selecting a size or advice on which binder to choose?
Sorry if any of these questions seem silly.
Tiramisuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 10:54 PM   #3710
RainbowShy

Haha, well, I don't have time to go through 248 pages, so I apologize if this has been asked before, but what would you recommend for someone who is larger and trying to pass for a boy. I can get a larger shirt for the character I'm cosplaying - no problem - but I still need to get flatter. And when I say large, I'm like a G-cup.
I'm guessing I will likely need to use a few different methods together to pull it off.
Maybe compression top and binder?
RainbowShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 01:47 PM   #3711
Kawaii Pocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libis View Post
After averaging the way you describe above, I then went up 2 or 3 sizes and bought the men's tri-top. It worked out well.
My chest size averaged to 36 inches and that's a medium on underworks. I'm a little nervous to go 2 to 3 sizes up but also nervous that medium won't fit just because I gotta squueze my boobs into the compression shirt. Lol What should I do?
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Unread 11-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #3712
Libis

Quote:
My chest size averaged to 36 inches and that's a medium on underworks. I'm a little nervous to go 2 to 3 sizes up but also nervous that medium won't fit just because I gotta squueze my boobs into the compression shirt. Lol What should I do?
I went 2 or 3 sizes up and still can't get it off without assistance. It also constricts breathing a little, but is still reasonably safe so long as I don't run up a staircase... I would be scared to go to actual size.
Unread 11-27-2012, 09:26 PM   #3713
Kawaii Pocky

Quote:
I went 2 or 3 sizes up and still can't get it off without assistance. It also constricts breathing a little, but is still reasonably safe so long as I don't run up a staircase... I would be scared to go to actual size.
If it's too big or small I can send it back for a different size atleast? Wow, those shirts are that effective?
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Unread 12-02-2012, 01:32 AM   #3714
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Yo, so I usually use an underworks binder but uh... I'm doing a crossplay that requires me to do an open chest binding and it hasn't been working for me.

I'm a 36-38D (depends on the brand) and I get a weird bump while attempting to do the open chest binding. Maybe I'm doing it wrong? O.o has this happened to anyone else?
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2012, 05:07 PM   #3715
Libis

Quote:
If it's too big or small I can send it back for a different size atleast? Wow, those shirts are that effective?
I get a weird little uniboob in the middle if I were to go with just the binder over a tanktop or with a really tight shirt over it, but beyond that it's pretty effective. It took me about a week to strategize how to get it on by myself, lol. I still have not found any way to get it off by myself, and after getting it to shoulder-level, someone else has to pull at the thing until it comes off XD

I believe they do allow them to be sent back for another size. I was about to actually send mine back when I figured out a way to get it on lol. *please note--this is my first and only binder. Normally, I cosplay a girl, though after this I'm considering being Howl next :3
Unread 12-03-2012, 12:08 AM   #3716
Kawaii Pocky

Quote:
I get a weird little uniboob in the middle if I were to go with just the binder over a tanktop or with a really tight shirt over it, but beyond that it's pretty effective. It took me about a week to strategize how to get it on by myself, lol. I still have not found any way to get it off by myself, and after getting it to shoulder-level, someone else has to pull at the thing until it comes off XD

I believe they do allow them to be sent back for another size. I was about to actually send mine back when I figured out a way to get it on lol. *please note--this is my first and only binder. Normally, I cosplay a girl, though after this I'm considering being Howl next :3
Okay, great. I wouldn't see why they wouldn't let me exchange it. I think I'm just going to go for a large since the maximum chest size is 40 in for it and see how it goes. I'm not going to be wearing skin tight clothes so I'm not worried about the chest bump, but I do know what you mean. I've binded in the traditional means and still have a weird lumpy and mostly flat chest. XD So good luck to the both of us. lol
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Unread 12-08-2012, 09:48 PM   #3717
Yet Another
Forever Sleepy

I'm a 34-36B, and usually ACE does the trick well enough without going tight. So should I get the Tri-top or this? I do wear crossplays that have a lot of layers, but also have on in progress where I'll only be wearing a tank top.

Skyrim Casual: 30 % Done!
Kaylee Frye (Firefly): 40% Done!
Jem Carstairs, Oswin Oswald, Magnus Bane, Pikachu, Trainer White: Done!
Yet Another is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 06:46 PM   #3718
GodKing_Jedi

For the past several years I've used the following Rainey compression vest for my crossplays:

http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/produc...st.do?id=10030

And it's always seemed to work quite well, no complaints there.... Since I'm cosplaying "Avengers" Loki next, however (and might need to do duct tape dummy'ing or a plaster cast of my chest for the armour, which would, of course, by necessity have to be done over anything compression'y or flattening like this), I'm minded to wonder if there might be anything better still out there, which will flatten me down even further. In perusing back through this thread, I note that folks have been recommending the following, the one on the left:

www.underworks.com/996.html

But apparently this, the Underworks tri-top, is also recommended?

http://www.underworks.com/987.html

Which one do you think will help effectively flatten me down even further still? (which would also be good for my Anakin and Lestat, etc., come to think of it) To be sure, the cost of both, even with shipping, I think works out to be even cheaper than just the one Rainey compression vest - go figure!

Also, since I'm a 34C bra size, would that mean I'm a Medium (34-36) in the tri-top, and a small in the Underworks Double Panel compression shirt? Or is it best to go one size smaller? My experience is only with the Rainey thus far, so yeah, any insight from experience is most definitely appreciated - thanks so much!

Last edited by GodKing_Jedi : 12-17-2012 at 02:50 PM.
GodKing_Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 06:12 AM   #3719
Neelh
Toa of Psionics

Would a binder hurt developing boobs?

nokama.tumblr.com
Neelh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 02:44 AM   #3720
hippiewriter
Socks.

So, I'm a 30DDD and I'm thinking of crossplaying as Legolas. Using a super-tight sports bra with an ace bandage over that, I can get pretty flat, but it still looks a little odd. Maybe if I layer a couple t-shirts or tank tops under Legolas's shirt and jerkin, it will hide the oddness? Does anyone have experience with this?

There's still the fact that I have a very slim frame overall, but I don't think that there's much I can do about this. I'll just be a tiny Legolas, since I think if I try to pad out my clothing too much it will look unnatural.
hippiewriter is offline   Reply With Quote