Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Canada Cosplay

Unread 12-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #76
MutantCanuck

I need to call Presto to get my card re-activated. *grumbles* I get anxiety over stuff like this!

On the upside, my mom told me my wig arrived yesterday back home, so yaaaaay! I didn't even expect it to be here this quick.

So if you see a girl walking around in an IDF shirt (among other parts of my way casual cosplay) it's me!
MutantCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-08-2012, 11:24 AM   #77
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

I just realized, DTAC 2012 will be my 30th convention... O_O
Battler Ushiromiya from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Rainbowgasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #78
HareyuNanami
Princess of Dreams :3

@Rainbowgasm: now THAT is a lot of conventions owo

Also; DTAC tomorrow!
WOOT WOOT! =D

Cosplay List!

Convention List
CON-G 2014
Costume Con Toronto 2014
Anime North 2014
FanExpo 2014

My Youtube
HareyuNanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #79
kawaiilove
I hate homestuck

Yup tomorrow already!
if anyone wants to meet up with some people we are meeting at Union where the harvey's use to be at 11 if anyone is interested :3

kawaiilove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #80
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Any feedback from this year D-TAC? I guess no news is better then bad news in this case.

Unplugged Expo
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia), Otakuthon(maybe), FanEXPO
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 12-10-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #81
HareyuNanami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post
Any feedback from this year D-TAC? I guess no news is better then bad news in this case.
Personally; Security again.
no joke. Thought it would be better. Nope security was not as bad as last year but still.
I felt cattle penned. What happened is they put us in the North Building BUT forbid us from LEAVING the north building (even to go to the skywalk!)
So we were still cattle penned and forbidden to leave that building. Yet the other 2 conventions on the south building were walking through the north building all the time.
And weren't told to leave.
The funny thing was me and a 3 friends were talking to two of my friends who were sitting down having coffee at one of those tables on the walk between the north and south building and where we were it wasn't busy but this security guard (seems that it was this security guard that was being a ass to everyone that whole day who was at the DTAC)
Came up to us and told us that THIS particular spot was being used for the OTHER conventions happening in the SOUTH building. And my friends and I were staring at this guy like "uh... this is practically the north building...South is down those escalators down another set of escalators ... why would they be all the way up here?"

And kept telling us to get back to the north building; after we started getting our stuff together the guy started to follow us saying "you better be going to the north building!" After 20 minutes of this guy I turned to him and said "we are going to the Skywalk!"
And he finally left us alone.

It seems there was alot more things that happened with this particular security guard WITHIN the con itself that a few friends told me about.

About kept getting asked to see stamps over and over again while in the con itself, getting harassed when the con was still on, and then around 4:30 (convention still on till 5) the SAME security guard harassed my friends IN THE CON. Saying "you have to leave now" while they were trying to get their stuff together. Seems he hovered around them the whole time threatening them that they would get kicked out if they didn't hurry up. Yet they were leaving anyways and it was only 4:30! when the con didn't end till 5! It was really stupid. And I know its expected; but with the amount of the other convention people (who were at the hunting and motorcycle convention on the south building) coming over to the North Building all the time we got a lot of harassment from them as well...mocking and being made fun of and being told to grow up. Yes we understand that happens but we were put on that side of the convention centre so we wouldn't bug THEIR conventions yet they kept coming to the north building and not being told to go back.

Nothing really big changed and I probably wont be going back to DTAC (it seems its only THIS con that gets like this, MTAC wasn't like this at all!)

Cosplay List!

Convention List
CON-G 2014
Costume Con Toronto 2014
Anime North 2014
FanExpo 2014

My Youtube
Unread 12-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #82
kawaiilove
I hate homestuck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv_bq...ature=g-crec-u

What we thought of the con

Unread 12-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #83
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

I'll watch yours later kawaiilove.

Glad I didn't waste my $39 to get there and the ticket this year.

I don't understand what the MTCC beef is with cosplayers are these past 2 years. We usually don't go out of our way to harass the security or the other events be they like to treat this con as a pariah. I think HobbyStar should move this to the Royal York like they did with Comicon Nov if this pattern repeats like that. I'm sure the Royal York would be happy to have up.

Please again this year send your complaint to Hobbystar about the MTCC and recommendation to move it after 2 years of harassment from the MTCC. (Includeing forwarding any videos as well).

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 12-10-2012 at 01:59 PM.
Unread 12-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #84
HareyuNanami

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiilove View Post
I love the part "If you want to go to a convention where you sit down for 10 bucks, come to DTAC!"

That pretty much sums it up. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post
I'll watch yours later kawaiilove.

Glad I didn't waste my $39 to get there and the ticket this year.

I don't understand what the MTCC beef is with cosplayers are these past 2 years. We usually don't go out of our way to harass the security or the other events be they like to treat this con as a pariah. I think HobbyStar should move this to the Royal York like they did with Comicon Nov if this pattern repeats like that. I'm sure the Royal York would be happy to have up.

Please again this year send your complaint to Hobbystar about the MTCC and recommendation to move it after 2 years of harassment from the MTCC. (Includeing forwarding any videos as well).
And I think I will.
Or I personally think they should move the con to the Saturday or the week after when there isn't any other conventions happening D=

I feel like the MTCC is just trying to hid all us cosplayers away =_=

Cosplay List!

Convention List
CON-G 2014
Costume Con Toronto 2014
Anime North 2014
FanExpo 2014

My Youtube

Last edited by HareyuNanami : 12-10-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Unread 12-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #85
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

^ That and I think the few pigheaded comment and complains to the MTCC from the vociferous bikers that come in from out of town about how "revolted" by the sight of people in costume are has something to do with it.

That coupled with the bike show pull more money into the MTCC and you got some heavy handed order to from the MTCC to Security about it and you got this stagnate cattle recipe of stupid.

We are the same group of people that come in to this from MTAC and FanExpo every year so WHY treat us differently just for one con?

Unplugged Expo

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Unread 12-10-2012, 02:38 PM   #86
KageHisakata
Kisa4

Iq personally didn't have any problems with anything, other then the fact that it seemed a little like it was in the middle of a hallway, with a lot of non-con goers passing through... And yeah the constant checking of stamps was a bit annoying, but overall I think it was a rather enjoyable con..... Although everyone in our group agreed that the congoers themselves seemed a little bit on the unapproachable side... I didn't take nearly as many pictures this year because it was like everyone was on edge...

Btw, I found a pink phone in the girl bathroom, I turned it over to the security, so if you lost it you should contact them...
KageHisakata is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #87
MutantCanuck

I enjoyed it for what it was worth. Though I agree about the stamps, felt like I was becoming an old hat at showing it. >.> I was the girl with the Israeli flag, if you saw me. Hetalia OCs for the win.
Unread 12-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #88
kawaiilove
I hate homestuck

Yah the stamp thing was kind of annoying but it was the people at the con that made it so awesome. I think I haven't laughed and smiled so much at a con! I met some cool people and got some good photos. Yah the con was small but for a small con it was pretty fun.

Unread 12-10-2012, 05:57 PM   #89
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

Never had a problem, some of the staff was a little rude and its like they expected us to be psychic but when don't they? Even at AN that happens... We had no problems walking around to get to the sky walk, no problems taking photos anywhere, no problems at all... it was nice...
we were the Another group by the way!
Battler Ushiromiya from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Rainbowgasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #90
MutantCanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowgasm View Post
Never had a problem, some of the staff was a little rude and its like they expected us to be psychic but when don't they? Even at AN that happens... We had no problems walking around to get to the sky walk, no problems taking photos anywhere, no problems at all... it was nice...
we were the Another group by the way!
Ah, I saw you guys. LOVE that show.