Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Canada Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-07-2012, 09:31 AM   #196
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

With the Ice Queen being a carton design you can have some fun with textiles for her and fabric finishes.
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/426391/

I'm still a ball of uncertainty until after AN this year as well.

I think I'm fixing up my Red Queen costume and she a bit more flexible as she can go into either the Historical Masquerade or SciFi/Fantasy masquerade. It depend on my second costume would be. If I do Regina or an Once Upon a Time costume they mostly all fit the historical category. lol

FanEXPO
Regina ~ Once Upon a Time(Fri)
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan

Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #197
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Does Costume-Con frown upon gijinkas? I plan on making a MLP Princess Luna gijinka for the 2014 con season, and if it's not frowned upon I was hoping to take it to Costume-Con.
Any kind of costume is fine!

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

www.costumecon32.com

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #198
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Yay! I was thinking on abstracting it a bit, too. A tulle cape instead of wings, a headpiece with the ears, horn and crown molded into one, and a polonaise sort of skirt to take place of a tail. anyways, yay! Luna will indeed get to be worn for Costume-Con. And a moon fairy design I've been toying with.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #199
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Rather odd question but do you think these little guys would be excepted as part of the Doll Costume Contest?

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3316100/

FanEXPO

Future cosplays/cons:
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan

Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!
Unread 12-12-2012, 08:53 AM   #200
Wenora
The Musical Mage

I was just wondering, I'm going crazy looking for reference on my chosen historical costume (Planning to do something on the ethnic section of it.) I can't find proper record on what was worn as an undergarment but mostly what grandparents/aunts/etc. say it was. Do I have to have a published or recorded reference for all articles of clothing?
Wenora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #201
HareyuNanami
Princess of Dreams :3

next year ?!
oh wow I thought it was 2013! XD
Well now I have LOTS more time to figure out cosplay!

I am really exited =D I might have my ball gown dreamer Jane finished by then and re wear it for the event =D

Cosplay List!

Convention List
CON-G 2014
Costume Con Toronto 2014
Anime North 2014
FanExpo 2014

My Youtube

Last edited by HareyuNanami : 12-12-2012 at 05:09 PM.
HareyuNanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 08:13 PM   #202
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Thumbs up

Quote:
Does Costume-Con frown upon gijinkas? I plan on making a MLP Princess Luna gijinka for the 2014 con season, and if it's not frowned upon I was hoping to take it to Costume-Con.

Most definitely not! Costume-Con is a celebration of all types of costume! Gijinka are perfectly welcome!

4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
Get your membership today!
www.costumecon32.com
Kaijugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 08:16 PM   #203
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post
Rather odd question but do you think these little guys would be excepted as part of the Doll Costume Contest?

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3316100/
Yes. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenora View Post
I was just wondering, I'm going crazy looking for reference on my chosen historical costume (Planning to do something on the ethnic section of it.) I can't find proper record on what was worn as an undergarment but mostly what grandparents/aunts/etc. say it was. Do I have to have a published or recorded reference for all articles of clothing?
No. If you cannot find any published reference, I would recommend just documenting what you've learned about them from your own research, (including speaking to relatives who actually know.) Actually bothering to try and make the correct undergarments is very impressive. Best of luck! I look forward to seeing your work.

4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
www.costumecon32.com

Last edited by Kaijugal : 12-12-2012 at 08:18 PM. Reason: additions
Unread 12-13-2012, 09:55 AM   #204
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Then I shall bring them in a basket full of candy. lol

FanEXPO

Future cosplays/cons:
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale

Unread 12-16-2012, 11:27 PM   #205
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post
Just the torso arms mostly no need for the head and hips. I'm debating on legs. I'm thinking of converting the mermaid into a one piece flamenco dress with a low back show the ribs and spine to go with the Day of the Dead feeling.
Start here:

http://www.skeleton-factory.com/Bucky-Skeletons/
http://www.skeletonstore.com/skeletons
http://www.grimmbrothershalloween.co...-and-bones.php
http://www.amazon.com/Halloween-Buck.../dp/B007WHS2LI (Amazon! Hilarious)

www.costumecon32.com
Unread 12-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #206
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Yeek! I just realized I also need to make my boyfriend something too. And starting September 2013 I'll also be a full-time fashion student. Access to equipment, but a damn expensive course and making me damn busy. Uuuuugh. I guess I'd better learn to not sleep for about six months. And getting my materials now while I still have a job (I get ODSP but money for new cosplays will be very tight while in school. I've just got enough extra available to keep going to my usual cons and costume-con and not really anything to make new costumes).
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 12-20-2012 at 01:05 PM.
Unread 12-29-2012, 08:49 PM   #207
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

Last chance to get in on the holiday discount! Only until this Monday!

4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

www.costumecon32.com

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 09:15 PM   #208
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Hmm, question involving one of my costumes; I'm going ahead with making a Princess Luna gijinka, and if it works as nicely as I want, I did want to compete in it. But what would it count as? Recreation or original design? It's kind of both, since I designed it based from a pre-existing character....
Unread 12-30-2012, 12:37 PM   #209
Chibi Lenne
Ghoulia

Quote:
Hmm, question involving one of my costumes; I'm going ahead with making a Princess Luna gijinka, and if it works as nicely as I want, I did want to compete in it. But what would it count as? Recreation or original design? It's kind of both, since I designed it based from a pre-existing character....
Is the design your own? Is it a pre-existing design for that character? Or is it a design you've made up for that character?

If it's something you've completely designed and doesn't exist for the character I would say it is an original creation. It would be a recreation if you were recreating the outfit from something. (I think? lol)

2013 Cosplay Plans
Queen Elsa / Coronation Elsa / La Carlotta / Miss Frizzle / Vocaloid... thing
Follow me on Facebook for more updates
Costume Con 35 Will be RETURNING to Toronto 2017!!
Chibi Lenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #210
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

The design is my own, but since it's a gijinka, I'm basing it off of Luna's colours, wings, cutie mark, etc. Being a pony/allicorn, she doesn't wear actual clothes. And isn't human. (So you can see my confusion...)